Crash to Desktop

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Crash to Desktop

Post by mrgenie »

Since this happens only at maxed out speed, when i am placing new facilities, and then switch to another tile, i assume you never ever played max speed during the internal testing?

Also, i miss beta 0.10 features like autosave(which is definatly needed for games that are still in beta stage with lots of CTD's)

Assuming this is yet another game in beta stage released as final, when can we expect the final version? I hope it's not like software from take2 where you gotta pay 2 years in advance and beta testing untill you finally after 2years get a final release?
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Re: Crash to Desktop

Post by Legend »

Is this a repeatable crash?
What are you building?
Where are you building it?
What country were you playing? What scenario/campaign?
Do you have a savegame before it happens?
When you switch to another "HEX" what sub panel are you in?
Did you use the right click build options or the "land department".
Is this a repeatable crash?
Uglyr
Lieutenant

Post by Uglyr »

I had CTD when tried to build through right-click. Was playing Somalia in Shattered World. Before that I could build through right-click without crashes. Don't know if it will repeat - haven't played since then.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I use the right click almost exclusively for building and have not had a single crash, that one remains unconfirmed and I've certainly tried to reproduce it...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ord4511
Lieutenant

Post by ord4511 »

Hi i have experienced this crash myself, it will only happen when you are building through the production tab by choosing production then a resource like coal then click on the commidities button and build loads of facilities about 80 then click on the land tab and it will crash to the desktop. But it will only happen when you are building 100s of facilities if you keep your building facilities low it doesnt happen.
Peace through Conquest
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I just tried exactly what you said

- launch
- campaign/world2020/US
- Production/Coal/Commodity Facilities/Coal mine
- covered most of the eastern sea board, about 200 coal mines
- clicked land tab

No crash. Any other ideas? I believe you that it's crashing on your system, we just haven't figure out why/how...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Besides of the "random" it is narrowed down that it'll happen on my PC only when i check out the land for their facilities.

AND

Only on 1 of my computers when I play on "Fastest" i get the crash. "Very fast" doesn't crash, yet.

Also, the 1 computer that does crash is not a random PC, it's fast itself. 8Gigs ram, pagefile off, and the 32MB windows uses by default for system mapping i put on a dedicated HDD special for this and nothing else, dual core 3.2 Ghz Intel, ..
anyway..very fast PC..I noticed, when i encode DVD's in the background, eating almost all CPU power, i can switch the game to fastest, and then it doesn't crash anymore, but it also doesn't run as fast anymore anyway. So my guess is, something goes too fast which causes the CTD(info display on screen using a pointer for retrieving the info it needs to display while the game goes so fast that the facility in question is just about to destroyed when the info screen checks the pointer, and then get's a null back).

That's my best guess for now..silly null pointer somewhere slipping in
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

This doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the game. No one else on this or the two other forums we track has reported anything like this.

If you get a crash when "inspecting land", you may be touching locations where you have build a bridge, that is a known bug and will be fixed in update 2.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

Hmm, i did some testing today to reproduce it..I couldn't..even with all windows background services shut down and virusscanner and everything off..I'll consider this issue as closed and won't mention it anymore unless i can specify how to reproduce it.

case closed.
supremesaffgee
Lieutenant

Post by supremesaffgee »

I had a very similar problem (right click build), and after a bit of research on causes it does seem to be because of bridges.....

***btw balthagor I have a reproducable crash savegame for you related to the bridge problem. You might not need it, but if you do just let me know.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

supremesaffgee wrote:...btw balthagor I have a reproducable crash savegame for you related to the bridge problem...
Already fixed for update 2, thanks anyway.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”