BG!!! Patch ETA

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

twiedrich
Corporal

BG!!! Patch ETA

Post by twiedrich »

I don't mean to bag on a small company- I own my own business and can appreciate the difficulties, but seriously, when can I expect the patch that will make this game playable?

I love the promise that I see, and bought the game because I am an avid paradox gamer - hoi2 and eu3 are my absolute favorites. This game can seriously be great, but I can't play it... The saved games are corrupt, the reloaded world either has major regions dissolve, the nukes are turned off, or something. I have read the list of issues and I think I have experienced them all.

It's July 1st, I bought the game on its release date and was eagerly waiting before that. When can I play this game for real? That's what I really want to know. I am eager for it and am willing to wait longer because I see a really good game under the hood.

Should I check back in a week, a month, longer?

Ty
I think a curse should rest on me — because I love this war ... I can't help it — I enjoy every second of it.

WINSTON CHURCHILL, letter to a friend, 1916
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

As posted in other threads as well, an Update to fix the Save Game bug and other issues will be available by the end of next week at the latest.

Thanks for your support of SR2020,

-- George.
Roest
Lieutenant

Post by Roest »

Just curious will that fix existing savegames or can just throw them away and start over then?
midn8t
Sergeant

Post by midn8t »

Roest wrote:Just curious will that fix existing savegames or can just throw them away and start over then?
you will more then likly have to start new games.
and what I get out of this is that we wont know abou ta patch till end of next week so there be some word on the forum about whats going on with patch latest july 11th ?
cwmark
Sergeant

Re: BG!!! Patch ETA

Post by cwmark »

July 10th now. Just bumping the thread.
Apollon
Lt. Colonel

Post by Apollon »

You know, annoying the devs won't make them work any faster, or something. |O
Roest
Lieutenant

Post by Roest »

They said "late this week". As someone in the IT business myself, i can tell you that if a software developer ever tells you "late whatever", he means the latest possible time in that timeframe. So there is a good chance the patch will come out tomorrow, unless the goats work weekends, then it's gonna be sunday.
Goontrooper
Sergeant

Post by Goontrooper »

How is it annoying the devs? Sheesh. I hate when people leap to the defense of devs like this, as if they are children being picked on by bullies. They aren't. They are a company, and we are customers. There is nothing wrong with politely asking them for status updates on a defective product, especially when they have promised a fix by a certain date, a date that is rapidly approaching.

I would be right there with you if someone was badgering the devs in an impolite manner, but that hasn't happened in this thread. It was bumped because over a week has passed since we were told 'next week at the latest,' and we are now approaching that deadline without a confirmed ETA for the patch.

Obviously, no one wants a rushed patch that will cause more problems. But it would be nice to have more solid information on the ETA.
Goontrooper
Sergeant

Post by Goontrooper »

One of the devs mentioned in another thread with a post dated 09 July, that they were testing Update 2. AFAIK, that is the most recent status update.

It would be nice if there was a sticky with the latest status updates, instead of scattered replies around the forum.
xcathdra
Sergeant

Post by xcathdra »

I agree... A sticky would be nice...
ord4511
Lieutenant

Post by ord4511 »

Ive read a few post quoting the new patch would be out at the end of this week the latest do they mean the friday or sunday.
I cant wait for this patch its a really good game.
Peace through Conquest
bblaney
Sergeant

Post by bblaney »

I love the game and the save game bug is the most annoying thing so far.

Right now the US has taken Mexico and Canada.....

Saved the game and started it and Iceland and Guatamela have spilt North America.....

And i loved that game

So hoping for a fix so similiar things don't happen

I need the US to survive so the mighty Croatians can leech their tech
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

I wouldn't bully around too much about patches. It's common practise with all game manufacturers to release game at "beta" stage...beta being with bugs causing the game to be unplayable for "some" or "everyone"...unplayable in the sense of:"no point of continuing the game"

the savegame bug definatly is the bug that should never have gotten into a final release, but I think out of my experience this is common practise because alot of people don't actually buy the game, but play with cracks/hacks. Game manufacturers, and/or their investors, therefore have to lower their expectations about getting money for the product they develop.

It's normal because of this, that developing costs to a final product, while paying interests over the investmentmoney, extends the break even point of your investment when too many people don't buy but crack the game. Investing money in gaming industry isn't the best investment, you achieve better rates putting your money into the raw materials market or BRIC bonds blue chips for industries in Russia or whatever....

We should be thankfull people still willing to put money into the gaming industry, but because of the funds they loose because of illegal gaming, they simply gotta release ASAP to pay off any outstanding debts/investors to make investments more profitable/attractive, therefore, games gotta release no matter what! because of issues withholding some game, cus it needs 2 or 3 more months development could make it unatractive for the investor and lead for him not to supply additional funds anymore for future development.

because of this, every company I know releases games these days with issues like the savegame bug. THey have no other option then to release because it must be made atractive to investors. You don't want investors saying"in future i better put my money on Oil Certificates"

If all the illegal players would simply buy all the games legal, income for this industry would be much safer, bigger, stable that it would be more atractive for investors to withhold games a bit longer and spend just 1 or 2 more months into the development before releasing it.

All at all, it's just the investment that has not only to pay off, but pay off better then other investments you could have made with the money. So complaints, should go to those not buying the games legal but still play it. They are ruining this industry, causing industry to be faster, and release sooner, hence more errors slip into it.

I'm not sure about numbers, but of all of my friends, me and my best friend are the only 2 buying stuff legal atm, 30 or 40 players i count to those I know off don't buy anything legal!!! Not sure if this is representative for the whole gaming industry, but if it is, then this surely is the reason companies simply don't have the atractiveness to develop longer and have more funds to develop before releasing.

And i must admit, up to my 20birthday or so, i didn't buy anything legal either..I thought it was ok just to take what you get(using the logic:"if others do it, why would I be the stupid one to pay") but fact is, if everyone thinks like this, it makes it more costly and unatractive to even develop stuff to a 99,99% bugfree code before releasing it.
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
twiedrich
Corporal

Re:

Post by twiedrich »

George Geczy wrote:As posted in other threads as well, an Update to fix the Save Game bug and other issues will be available by the end of next week at the latest.

Thanks for your support of SR2020,

-- George.
Are we still looking at this week for the patch George?
I think a curse should rest on me — because I love this war ... I can't help it — I enjoy every second of it.

WINSTON CHURCHILL, letter to a friend, 1916
midn8t
Sergeant

Post by midn8t »

mrgenie wrote:I wouldn't bully around too much about patches. It's common practise with all game manufacturers to release game at "beta" stage...beta being with bugs causing the game to be unplayable for "some" or "everyone"...unplayable in the sense of:"no point of continuing the game"

the savegame bug definatly is the bug that should never have gotten into a final release, but I think out of my experience this is common practise because alot of people don't actually buy the game, but play with cracks/hacks. Game manufacturers, and/or their investors, therefore have to lower their expectations about getting money for the product they develop.

It's normal because of this, that developing costs to a final product, while paying interests over the investmentmoney, extends the break even point of your investment when too many people don't buy but crack the game. Investing money in gaming industry isn't the best investment, you achieve better rates putting your money into the raw materials market or BRIC bonds blue chips for industries in Russia or whatever....

We should be thankfull people still willing to put money into the gaming industry, but because of the funds they loose because of illegal gaming, they simply gotta release ASAP to pay off any outstanding debts/investors to make investments more profitable/attractive, therefore, games gotta release no matter what! because of issues withholding some game, cus it needs 2 or 3 more months development could make it unatractive for the investor and lead for him not to supply additional funds anymore for future development.

because of this, every company I know releases games these days with issues like the savegame bug. THey have no other option then to release because it must be made atractive to investors. You don't want investors saying"in future i better put my money on Oil Certificates"

If all the illegal players would simply buy all the games legal, income for this industry would be much safer, bigger, stable that it would be more atractive for investors to withhold games a bit longer and spend just 1 or 2 more months into the development before releasing it.

All at all, it's just the investment that has not only to pay off, but pay off better then other investments you could have made with the money. So complaints, should go to those not buying the games legal but still play it. They are ruining this industry, causing industry to be faster, and release sooner, hence more errors slip into it.

I'm not sure about numbers, but of all of my friends, me and my best friend are the only 2 buying stuff legal atm, 30 or 40 players i count to those I know off don't buy anything legal!!! Not sure if this is representative for the whole gaming industry, but if it is, then this surely is the reason companies simply don't have the atractiveness to develop longer and have more funds to develop before releasing.

And i must admit, up to my 20birthday or so, i didn't buy anything legal either..I thought it was ok just to take what you get(using the logic:"if others do it, why would I be the stupid one to pay") but fact is, if everyone thinks like this, it makes it more costly and unatractive to even develop stuff to a 99,99% bugfree code before releasing it.

you cant blame pirates for lack of money its proven thro othere game manufactures that people who pirate problably would never bought game in the frist place, so saying they lost money from that be illrevelent becuase those people would never paid for the porduct anyways.

look at stargate with galtic civlization series no copy porection of any type there game was pirated but let becuase they put out games that are copy porection free, and are none bugg ridden good qaulity out of the box they make, way more then almost any othere game manufacture.

when you talking profit to cost, i mean.

they relase tons of enough how pirating dosnt hurt game industry at all.

people talk about pirating as if its something new, when its not only diff now is that its digital instead of hand offs from person to person.

majority of people who like a product and consdier it a reasonable price item, and consdier it a worth while value will pay for it.

by saying if you say 10 people who have money 3 peopoe pirate teh game 8 people buy the game so thats 30% so you saying that the fualt for realsing buggy products is due to that 30 precent well its proven that 2 out of those 3 people would never been a customer anyways even if they couldnt pirate it they wouldnt bought it.

on top of that consoles like xbox ps3 have pretty 100% copyportection, majority of people who have them can no pirate that software yet, where seeing same issues with software companys rleaseing buggy products.

even thought there is no reason for it on a console.

I am not condoing pirating.

but its not big enough relvinces in the indstury to cuase software companys to relase buggy or unfinnished products.

besides no one on here is ranting or trying to give any one a hard time.

all any one is doing is saying that be nice if there was a stick on main page with estimate of when patch be releassed or precentage of how much is done, or what patch will fix when its done.

which be honest i do not think is that big of a deal and any one who is in a buiness of any type who considers there customers, hassel when they already paid for a product and found out its not what exactly they excepted and are just wonder when or whats being done about it a nusance or a problem customer, I would consider a bad buinessnes and a bad company.

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”