Known Issues for Supreme Ruler 2020

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

supremesaffgee
Lieutenant

Re: Known Issues for Supreme Ruler 2020

Post by supremesaffgee »

Balthagor wrote:you can send specific missile to specific deployed units using the defense department reserves/deployed subdepartment with the missile branch selected in the first panel.
But thats exactly what I'm saying doesn't work - sorry if this is all a little confusing. I had never been attempting to assign missiles to reserves, only the deployed units. Basically when you go into the defense department reserves/deployed screen and click on missiles you receive a split screen with missiles on the left and deployed units on the right. Further choice of missiles or role (Air/land/naval/sub) will reduce the amount of units on the right side, and I believe it is intended that clicking on specific missiles will show only those units capable of taking those particular missiles. This does not work as intended. Like I said, the only workaround I have found is to do it via the role screen when a unit or group of units is selected directly.
If you try and use the way you described above on my savegame, you will see that there is simply no response when you click the buttons....
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

k, I'll be poking at this some more tomorrow. I suspect it is because those missiles are already trying to load into other platforms that are at full capacity and won't drop the order.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
supremesaffgee
Lieutenant

Post by supremesaffgee »

A couple of little things I noticed while playing for your bug list:

- Unable to scrap an industrial or military complex itself once all facilities are gone (so only workaround is to start building a new facility and then cancel both simultaneously)

- Unable to add further facilities to some existing facilities (mostly oil seems to be an issue here; probably mentioned somewhere else too to be fair). For instance a 3 facility oil group cannot be 'added to' to make it a 6-group unless the 3-group is scrapped, then whole thing built from scratch as a 6-pack....

- Unable to reactivate an inactive military facility when in the fabrication screen (have to do it via the facility screen, although facility CAN be deactivated via fabrication screen)

Hope these help.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

All known issues, some of the facility/complex relationship issues will be resolved in Update 2, others may take till a later update.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Trifler
Lieutenant

Post by Trifler »

It sounds like you probably know about this already, but I didn't see it listed so just in case:

-You can build satellites without having an Aerospace Fabrication facility.
-You can launch satellites as long as you have an Orbital Launch Pad. It will launch if you don't have a Mission Control.

Also I wanted to ask if the cost of launching a satellite is affected by the location of the Orbital Launch Pad (in relation to the equator)? It seemed like the cost was higher for one country I tried than another.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Launch cost is likely related to your economy and GDP/c

Knew about those bugs, thanks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

I was wondering if you guys would be interested in using mantis bugtracker.

It's 100% free, and has many advantages for us users.

Easy to report bugs
easy to lookup if something has been reported
easy to see ETA on each bugreport
know if a bug will be fixed within a week/month or longer(gives us a good clue what we can expect in the latest patch)
history and roadmap facility for users to look back how development progress has been(good way to point out you're working hard on fixes and keep players at ease)

Don't need to mention the benefit for developers when you have a simply todo list to work with :)
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

We already use an internal system to track our bugs, but thanks for the suggestion. I might check it out to see if there are any features we should copy into our own system.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
mrgenie
Brigadier Gen.

Post by mrgenie »

un-garrison issue

a town with 4 garrisoned infanterists(not entrenched) and "barracks" will ungarrison these 4 infanterists when I scap the barracks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Barracks I need fewer then on the maps. So while conquering some area, I reduce the barracs to the minimum of my needs. However, I still might wanna have 4 garrisons in the city as well as entrench some AA and ART units for the defense. But they ungarrison when
i remove the barracks, granted I can put new garrisons in the town, but they shouldn't be
ungarrisoned on the first place(unless i say so)
[UI-MOD] All-In-One viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31906
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Good catch! They do merge back in at day end. I've made note of this.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
agentorange
Corporal

Post by agentorange »

after the patch i still cant build nuclear missiles in my saved game
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If a savegame was started with nukes and the bug changed it to "no nukes" then you save again and reload again it is now permanently no nukes. I tested this yesterday, started a game with nukes, saved it, reloaded it, and still had all my nukes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zimon
Sergeant

Post by Zimon »

the buttons "build continuously" and "auto deploy" are still inverted in 5.2.1
Human life is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short. (Thomas Hobbes)
agentorange
Corporal

Post by agentorange »

Balthagor wrote:If a savegame was started with nukes and the bug changed it to "no nukes" then you save again and reload again it is now permanently no nukes. I tested this yesterday, started a game with nukes, saved it, reloaded it, and still had all my nukes.
i started the (saved) game with nukes, saved it, reloaded it and nukes are still disabled :-(

i think it works only for new games... the region falls bug was solved in the saved game, though
ord4511
Lieutenant

Post by ord4511 »

Hi dont know if its been reported but i havent been able to build launch control or ballistic fab to launch icbm. Just downloaded update 2 and seems to have same problem, not a big issue because i can still fire them from jets and subs, but i think it would be a good way to get other countrys to declare war on you by building silos on there borders. Im hoping oceanic complex can be built in your waters soon but not a major issue as thanks to update 2 you can capture other countrys rigs and they repair now. Thanks for the update keep up the good work this has become one of my favourite games. :-)
Peace through Conquest

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”