Map Errata (Toponymic or Position)

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Map Errata (Toponymic or Position)

Post by Balthagor »

FYI, the characters ñ and Ñ are now properly supported, feel free to point out missing names to us.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
makaron111
Lieutenant

Post by makaron111 »

Well, Estonia is quite strangely made. I made an image with all the needed corrections.
http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=23721026.jpg
That red blob near the russian border is where the city of Narva should be.(size 100k)
That purple blob near the Latvian border is Valga (size with Valka is 20k)
That pink blob on the large island is Kuressaare (size 15k)
That island has actualy 35k people living on it, why are there none in SR 2020?
From the roads the most important is the Tallinn-Tartu highway. The Pärnu-Rakvere is also quite important.
Both of the rivers are very important. From the sat image you can see the Narva Water Reservuare (spelling?).
For some reasons you have put our coal mines in Jõgeva maakond. They are actualy between Kohtla-Järve and Narva, the power plants are also there and you are lacking 1 of them. (There are two: Balti- and Narva powerplants, and they are actualy not the smallest ones.)
That striped hex is actualy Estonian.
Woops, didnt paint the Muhu tamm brown (its between the big and the smaller island, currently painted light yellow).
The Pärnu-Viljandi highway is marked incorrectly on the picture:S, it is actualy quite top-down (a bit to the left) form the Tallinn-Tartu, Pärnu-Rakvere crossroad.

PS, I took the pic from my Estonian save, dont mind the improvements.

There are more things to be improved but these are the most important.

Now about the Military.
Estonia doesnt have Mi-2. We have Robinson R44-s. Also we have Mi-8-s and some AW 139-s. We have L-410-s not An-2 Colts.

Our Mistral-2s are missing! Add them.
Our MAPATS-es are also missing!
You have done some thing evil to our ZU-23-2-s?Where are they then?
Also we have a manpower of 100k or so.
God, where have you put our MILANs? Add them!
6 motorized infrantry battalions are missing (light infrantry).
Our 42 D-30-s have strangely gone?
Almost all of our navy is missing.

Also Estonias tech lvl is mocking us. As Estonia is a small quite highly advanced IT country, I think it should be at least 105 or so. Why? Because almost everything over can be made over the internet in Estonia. We have E-voting, E-health, ID-cards, WiFi almost everywhere, X-road, internet banking, everypoint in Estonia has got (or could get) internet (atleast 2mbit in the most remote locations, by the way even all the small islands have wifi). So, this also requires some techs to be added.Also a r center should be added to Tartu or Tallinn. It is a common misunderstanding that Baltics are all the same. We arent! We are all quite different, Estonia is the smallest but higly advanced. Latvia is the middle one and the poorest. Lithuania is the biggest and has got a nuclear plant :-) .

From military side it is worth mentioning, that we have one of the worlds finest light infrantry, if you could simulate it somehow I would be very grateful. Also Estonia actualy focuses on using NATO weapons, so IRL it wouldnt produce/research any pro/ex-soviet armament. Estonia buys mostly western equipment.(should apply to other Baltics as well)

Also could you tell me, if the SR 2020 means that the action takes place in 2020, or just in 2008 with a fancy name? I remember taking a bond and the renewing date was in year 2009 :lol: Ok, I hope Im not offending.

Well, thats all that isnt classified.
Could you add them, or at least make a screanario with these units and improvements, so I could play it? Or tell me how to edit the map. 8_
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

In the UK, you have "mil Large Base" X:810 Y:146 with no facilities on it, this should have a military complex with land and missile fab. This is the location of the UK's largest training facility in Europe, the "Salisbury Plain Training Area", both the Fighting In Built Up Areas (FIBUA) and Combined Arms Tactical Trainer, UK (CATT) are located there. You also forgot to place a barracs at Aldershot, the home of the Brigade of Ghurkas (2 btn Elite Infantry)

http://www.townassault.com/ta4/event.aspx
Last edited by Col_Travis on May 13 2009, edited 2 times in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

810,146 is currently empty and I can't find any empty military complexes in the UK. There is no such thing as a "mil Large Base" in SR2020.

done to this point.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

You actually have to load a game and go to England near Swindon and click on Land Development at hex X:810, Y:146 thats where it says "mil Large Base" and anything built there will be named "mil Large Base", I've checked in the map files and it's not listed there, only when playing the game and you build on the hex you will notice that it is named.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Added Barracks to Aldershot.

Added Military complex and barracks to 810, 146 named Salisbury Plain but not sure why you suggest land or missile fabrication there. Looks like only training grounds, no construction of military equipment or missiles at that site from what I can tell.

And if I added to that location I'd remove from elsewhere, were satisfied with the the total land/missile capacity of the UK currently.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
oberkommando
Major

Post by oberkommando »

Col_Travis wrote:You actually have to load a game and go to England near Swindon and click on Land Development at hex X:810, Y:146 thats where it says "mil Large Base" and anything built there will be named "mil Large Base", I've checked in the map files and it's not listed there, only when playing the game and you build on the hex you will notice that it is named.
True, there is nothing there, but it says "Mil large base".

http://img41.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... gebase.jpg
Last edited by oberkommando on May 17 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

yeah, I saw the name. But I mean IRL, they don't actually build anything there, they just train there.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

When I was stationed at the Salisbury Plains Training Area in "86" they where assemling military vehiceles there, the missiles and aircraft where acctualy at Boscombe Downs, shortly afrter wards my regiment was sent to Cypress as part of the UN/BCW Peacekeeping force there I was wounded and later recievied an award from her Magisty, you figuare it out? CIS,DIA,MI5 all know what happenend! All I whant do is help make your game as accurate as possible!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

k, I'll move some of the fabrication in this case because I need to make another minor fix there anyway. I just couldn't find any evidence about the fabrication.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

Done some more playtesting on my own and noticed you have "light forest" at X:383, Y:154 in the middile of Lake Suerior, and you have named the bridge at Paducah X:364, Y:230.
Last edited by Col_Travis on Jun 23 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

I've noticed that some resources are missing in thr Soviet/Russian Addministeres Zone of East Prussia(Kaliningrad Oblast). 90% of the world Amber comes from the West Samland peninsula, air base at Chernykhovsk is missing, and you are missing the oil reserves at
(Zanamesk) X:934, Y:130 and the contriversial "D-6" oil rig at X:928, Y:127 started extraction in 2004.

Zalieji
mining
Chernyakhovsk
Last edited by Col_Travis on Jun 12 2009, edited 8 times in total.
Roest
Lieutenant

Post by Roest »

Braunschweig still suffers :) It's an improvement from the Branshweig i reported a year ago but Braunshweig is still missing a 'c'.
Notelpats
Corporal

Post by Notelpats »

Maybe this has been corrected in GC, but since I don't have it I don't know. Anyhow, in Ireland, Bay should be Bray.

And I'm somewhat curious as to why there isn't anything but a barracks in Strasbourg (France)?

Actually the whole are is quite barren, even though, according to wikipedia, "making Alsace(the region where Strasbourg, Mulhouse and Colmar are) one of France's most industrialised régions."

There's even a nuclear power plant in Fessenheim (still Alsace). Now whether or not it will still be open in 2020 is a different story.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It is simply not possible for us to research every area of every country. There's not that much development time. We did not know where France's industries are within the country any more than we knew where the industries in Malaysia or Spain are located.

Bay has not yet been corrected because no one told us till now that it was wrong. Thanks for pointing it out.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”