Game asks for CD-Key

Get installation help, discuss issues, and submit bug reports in this section. Take a read through before posting... sometimes your problem may have already been discussed.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Sebgol
Corporal
Human: Yes

Game asks for CD-Key

Post by Sebgol »

Hi, I have bought the game in bundle, and it's asking about CD-Key, the provided one doesn't work, small research revealed that I should write here, so here I am :P

My steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/sebgol (you can invite me to confirm that if you wish)

Thanks for reading, have a nice day :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: Game asks for CD-Key

Post by Balthagor »

You should do a full restart of the system and restart of Steam, that often resolves the issue. If it persists, drop an email to support@battlegoat.com.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Sebgol
Corporal

Post by Sebgol »

I actually wrote e-mail about three weeks ago. I restarted system & Steam, game still asks for key.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

With Supreme Ruler 2020 the only way to resolve this is to make sure you install Steam and Supreme Ruler 2020 with an account that has appropriate (admin-level) privileges. It may not install properly on some versions of windows with an account that has restricted user rights, and there is no resolution except to "Run as Administrator" when you start Steam or install using and Administrator-rights user account.

-- George / BattleGoat.
Sebgol
Corporal

Post by Sebgol »

Thanks, running as adming did the job (why the heck I didn't thought about that lol).
Haube
Sergeant

Post by Haube »

I just had the same Problem.

I have a second Steamlib in a samba drive mounted as a Netdrive under C:/users/*/Documents/Steamlib for storage outside the SSD.

Moving the Install Folder to the local Steam C:/Programs/Steam/ folder by the "new" Steam function solved the Problem for me.

Return to “Support & Issues - 2020”