Created country problems

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Ghostexx
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Created country problems

Post by Ghostexx »

I managed to join Argentina and Chile in "Argentina Chile Commonwealth", since i was bored i copied USA tech (cause YOLO) and copied it on the Commonwealth tech.
For some reason the game wont load, i can click the GC and stuff, but when i select "launch game" it will get frozen, and after 30 mins it will send me back to main menu
any ideas of what to do? |O
number47
General

Re: Created country problems

Post by number47 »

This sound like cache creating process...go check your savegame folder and see if there is CACHED-"randomname".sav created and report back here
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Ghostexx
Warrant Officer

Post by Ghostexx »

number47 wrote:This sound like cache creating process...go check your savegame folder and see if there is CACHED-"randomname".sav created and report back here
There is no such thing as CACHED-"randomstuffhere".sav
actually, i never created any game while having this modded supreme ruler, only in vanilla, and i deleted Global Crisis cache from CACHEGC or something like that
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

By deleting the cache file, you triggered the process to build one. Sounds like it built successfully.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Ghostexx
Warrant Officer

Post by Ghostexx »

Balthagor wrote:By deleting the cache file, you triggered the process to build one. Sounds like it built successfully.
But i tried to create yet again and its still loading, i mean at the first time the cache should be built
but again? this time i didn't deleted anything....
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Ghostexx wrote:
Balthagor wrote:By deleting the cache file, you triggered the process to build one. Sounds like it built successfully.
But i tried to create yet again and its still loading, i mean at the first time the cache should be built
When you successfully create a cache, system will create the cache file within your savegame folder. That is why I instructed you to see what you got in that folder. You need to move the cache file from savegame folder to cache folder otherwise the game will again try to create a cache file since it didn't find one in the CacheGC folder.

P.S. also, you need to make sure the name is correct, meaning the name of the cache file corresponds to the name mentioned in the scenario file. If you are trying to create new cache for Global Crisis scenario, than the file should be correctly named GlobalCrisis.SAV because since upgrading to Gold, cache file started to receive "GC" at the end of the name, for example you'll probably have GlobalCrisis-GC.SAV in your savegame folder so you'll have to rename it after moving to cache folder...
Ghostexx
Warrant Officer

Post by Ghostexx »

number47 wrote:
Ghostexx wrote:
When you successfully create a cache, system will create the cache file within your savegame folder. That is why I instructed you to see what you got in that folder. You need to move the cache file from savegame folder to cache folder otherwise the game will again try to create a cache file since it didn't find one in the CacheGC folder.

P.S. also, you need to make sure the name is correct, meaning the name of the cache file corresponds to the name mentioned in the scenario file. If you are trying to create new cache for Global Crisis scenario, than the file should be correctly named GlobalCrisis.SAV because since upgrading to Gold, cache file started to receive "GC" at the end of the name, for example you'll probably have GlobalCrisis-GC.SAV in your savegame folder so you'll have to rename it after moving to cache folder...
The problem here is that i dont have anything on the savegame folder.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Ghostexx wrote:The problem here is that i dont have anything on the savegame folder.
Than the creation of cache file failed to compete for some reason...and the game tries to create a new cache every time you start a scenario that hasn't got a cache file present. You are stuck in this loop until you figure out what you did wrong during your editing.

I wish I could help you more but in all my "modding" time I've never had a failed cache creation. Even when I messed something terribly wrong, the cache was created just so the game could laugh in my face :lol:
Ghostexx
Warrant Officer

Post by Ghostexx »

&&CVP 2301
regionname "Argentine Confederation"
blocknum 23
altblocknum
continentnum 7
flagnum 223
musictrack 9
politic 0
govtype 1
refpopulation 40.92
poptotalarmy 72000
popminreserve 10000
treasury
nationaldebtgdp 0
techlevel 115
civapproval 0.4
milapproval 0.5
fanaticism 0.11
defcon 0
loyalty 1
playeragenda 3
playeraistance 3
worldavail B
armsavail FD
worldintegrity 0.65
treatyintegrity 0.90
envrating 0.45
milsubsidyrating 1
domsubsidyrating 0.78
creditrating 0.55
tourismrating 0.7
literacy 1
lifeexp 75.91
avgchildren 2.6
crimerate 21
unemployment 0.116
gdpc 56100
inflation 0
buyingpower 1
prodefficiency
alertlevel 0
bwmmember True
religionstate
bconscript False
forcesplan 0
milspendsalary
milspendmaint
milspendintel
milspendresearch
RacePrimary 3
RaceSecondary 3
capitalx
capitaly
masterdata False
nonplayable False
influence 10, 3, 18, 49
influenceval 0.1, -0.7, -0.35, -0.85

&&GROUPING 2301

&&REGIONTECHS 2301

&&REGIONUNITDESIGNS 2301

&&REGIONPRODUCTS 2301
3, , 24, 0

&&REGIONSOCIALS 2301
0, 0.65,
1, 0.75,
2, 0.6,
3, 0.45,
4, 0.45,
5, 0.65,
6, 0.45,
7, 0.5,

&&REGIONRELIGIONS 2301
5, 0.021
7, 0
1, 0.92
10, 0.019
2, 0.02
4, 0.02

here it is the info, i hope that is enough..
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

2301 is an existing region painted on the map. You should leave 2301 as it was previously set and make a new grouping such as 2351.

There are lots of unused numbers, it's always better to add new than to change existing.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Ghostexx
Warrant Officer

Post by Ghostexx »

Balthagor wrote:2301 is an existing region painted on the map. You should leave 2301 as it was previously set and make a new grouping such as 2351.

There are lots of unused numbers, it's always better to add new than to change existing.
The argentine confederation is supposed to be where Argentina is... or i need to make a new region to combine Paraguay, Uruguay and Chile to Argentina? like Germany and the Southern/yougetit Germanies?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Ghostexx wrote:...The argentine confederation is supposed to be where Argentina is...
So make 2301 part of the group 2351.

You saw my post, do with it what you like.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”