Modding what is Air Transportable

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

adamc6
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Modding what is Air Transportable

Post by adamc6 »

I am learning to use Cataonic's excellent utility.....

Question: I want to make helicopters transportable by air (put them in large Air Transports for global movement).....I don't see a setting for "Air Transportable". I can make "Air Droppable" 'true' -- will that do it? Obviously they would not be air droppable, but maybe that will give the intended effect? Anyone try that and have unintended consequences?

Thank you for any assistance.
Kellick
Captain

Re: Modding what is Air Transportable

Post by Kellick »

You have to modify the orders.csv (in ini folder)
Order 6,LOAD INTO,3,1,,1,etc,etc
Change that to 3,1,1,1 (column for air units which was blank...but you cannot differentiate from fixed wing vs choppers here)

I believe it was Catatonic that posted how to do that, and with more than my sketchy details.

If you go and make the units air droppable, it will actually make a change, which is moot if you don't make the orders modification.
However air transportable (orders) and air droppable (unit) are not the same. So the order only change they still need to be unloaded at an airfield.
adamc6
Warrant Officer

Post by adamc6 »

Kellick wrote:You have to modify the orders.csv (in ini folder)
Order 6,LOAD INTO,3,1,,1,etc,etc
Change that to 3,1,1,1 (column for air units which was blank...but you cannot differentiate from fixed wing vs choppers here)

I believe it was Catatonic that posted how to do that, and with more than my sketchy details.

If you go and make the units air droppable, it will actually make a change, which is moot if you don't make the orders modification.
However air transportable (orders) and air droppable (unit) are not the same. So the order only change they still need to be unloaded at an airfield.

Thank you very much.

I had seen a post referencing Catatonic and this idea, but despite searching could not find it. I tried looking for that post again, but still no luck.

I will give your idea a shot and see what I can do. Thank you.
adamc6
Warrant Officer

Post by adamc6 »

KELLICK -- YOU ARE THE MAN! SO EASY.

I'm sure they think it could be an exploit, but I just want to be able to move my choppers to a remote location in Africa for some fun.....and I can't get air transit deals with 22 nations to get them there!

THANK YOU!
Kellick
Captain

Post by Kellick »

Maybe it was Fistalis? Might have been Sgt scuba too. Its hard finding old posts around here sometimes. I know everytime I put modding this game aside for a while I have to relearn a lot Lol.

Glad you got it working, I make heavy use of airlift (and sea lift too - ALGOL ftw!)
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Kellick wrote: (... ALGOL ftw!)

Indeed!
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”