Modding the UK

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Tatter
Corporal
Human: Yes

Modding the UK

Post by Tatter »

Hello to everyone!

I would like to play a game of Global Crisis in SR 2020 Gold with the United Kingdom, but I want to be able to develop equipment available only to other countries (especially the USA), too. How do I make that happen?
Thanks in advance! :)
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Modding the UK

Post by Ruges »

By moding the globalcrisis scenario, and the .units file to either have the UK in the column of regions avail, or making the regions avail to world. http://www.supremewiki.com/node/48
Tatter
Corporal

Post by Tatter »

Thank you for the quick reply! :)

I still have the problem, though.
I tried to make the "Green Berets" infantry unit (exclusively available to the USA only) to be able to be developed/produced by the UK. I modified the "DEFAULT.UNIT" file, I added the letter "M" (for Britain) next to the letter "U" (for the USA) in the line of the Green Berets in the corresponding column (Region Code). I used the Notepad programme to modify the file.
I started a new game (Single Player, Campaign, Global Crisis) with the UK and nothing changed: I still could not develop/produce the Green Berets, only the USA could do it. The technical readout of the unit in the game also wrote only the United States for "Country of Origin".
What did I miss or do wrong?

Thanks again and sorry for being slow on this one - I've never done modding before. :)
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

You need to create a new cache after modifying anything before you will see any of the changes in game.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Tatter
Corporal

Post by Tatter »

Thanks again!

One more question:
If I want the UK to be able to develop/build ALL of the USA's unit designs, not just some of them, isn't it enough to mod the "Maps/GlobalCrisis.CVP" file like this:

worldavail UME
armsavail UM

If this is not the way, then is there any other simple solution?

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”