ORBATS "Days Left" varibable time calculation

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Baron Von Beedy
Corporal
Human: Yes

ORBATS "Days Left" varibable time calculation

Post by Baron Von Beedy »

I have the process generally working but do not know the time calculation for going beyond 2 days. Currently I get it to work when its set from 0.1 to 0.9 but when I try a whole number like 1 it seems not to work at all (I ran for 5 months). I admit, I maybe just lacking patience. I am going to test some more but if you can save me the time and let me know how the ratio works that would be fantastic.

My Four Horseman scenario is looking terrific. The Independent States of America and Canada, The Terran Federation (Texas, Arizona, Bilderbergs et.al), The European Federal Union, India, and The Republican Federation (Sino-Soviet Pact II) fight for survival or the conquest of the entire world. The Kings of the East think its their time: New Years Eve 12:00 am Jan 1, 2032.

"Its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the east" (A financially troubled, de-centralized, and divided America was fully exploited)

Thanks
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAeqVGP-GPM

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: ORBATS "Days Left" varibable time calculation

Post by Balthagor »

Could you try something and report back? Does setting it to 0.5 cause the unit to be %50 built ei. half of it's build time in days left till completion?

This value in the orbat has not been used much (if at all in official maps) and is unconfirmed as even functioning.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Baron Von Beedy
Corporal

Balthagor wrote: Does setting it to 0.5 cause the unit to be %50 built ei. half of it's build time in days left till completion?
All test cases have an extra 100 pieces above their maxStr of 300 (Orbats = current strength 300 maxStr 400).

Test case 1: A setting of 0.5 had the unit come out of production on the morning of the third day and moved to the reserves at roughly 90% complete (270 pieces). The unit started with 270 pieces sitting in the production field.

Test case 2: A setting of 0.99 had the unit come out with test case 1 (12 am day 3) but it was 0% complete - it had 1 piece. It initially started out with 0 pieces sitting in the queue field (understandably as there is only one factory in the zone).

Another test is to duplicate in a zone with two factories to examine what the effect if any on the piece count would be. Why 270 and not 400 is also unknown.

One side question. Is the default strength of 100 for bought units editable?

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

It does sound like this feature is broken, as I had thought.

Re: bought unit strength - no, not editable.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Baron Von Beedy
Corporal

Will that feature ever get fixed or is SR2020 Gold at the apex of its developement?

Re unit max strenght: too bad it couldn't mirror the .unit file or be raised a little (say to 500).

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

SR2020 development ended a few years ago. There will be no further development of that project.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”