Ship defense vs missiles

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

DiegoEsteban
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Ship defense vs missiles

Post by DiegoEsteban »

When a ship is attacked by a missile, wich value is used for defense? Air or surface defence? I asume that is AD, but I want to be sure :)
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Ship defense vs missiles

Post by Ruges »

Missiles are considered air units. So it will be air defense. And from there it goes from low, medium and high air depending on the missile
number47
General

Post by number47 »

I'll abuse the thread topic and ask the "similar" thing...when air unit is attacked by AA unit (land or sea), is it defending by ground defense stat or air attack stat? I presume it is the GD but I wonder if I'm right :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

air defense, the only way it would use ground defense stats is when it is grounded. For example when an air unit is on the ground it goes off the ground defense stat. So when a heli is landed it goes off its ground defense stats. (95 percent sure this is the way it works).
DiegoEsteban
Lieutenant

Post by DiegoEsteban »

Thanks for the clarification :-)

About the second topic, I was pretty sure that when a surface unit attacks an air unit, the air unit uses the ground defense value.
And air defense is used only when the aircraft is in the air, defending from another aircraft. Its not like this?
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

No, because the ground unit is attacking the air unit with an air attack. So the plane would defend with its air defense.

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”