Custom Event 37 - Minister Priority

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

catatonic
General
Human: Yes

Custom Event 37 - Minister Priority

Post by catatonic »

Has anyone ever used custom events to set a Minister Priority?

I have been trying the following syntax in my mod's .csv over-ride file:

&&SEVENTS,,,,,,,,,,,,,, , , , , ,
// have all Production ministers build for self-sufficiency ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
0,0,37,0,101,-1,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,TRUE,TRUE,0,3,1, , , , , ,

I have a dedicated event entry for every region and I expect to see the Egyptian (ID#101) Production Minister's (ID #0) priority "Product Self Sufficiency" (ID #3) to be set (1) when the game begins (time = 0, window = 0).

Why is this not happening?

The Wiki says that Event parameters 7, 8 and 9 are:

eventbnotally,
eventbnotneutral,
eventbnotwary,

Not an ally of who?

What does "wary" mean?
"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Custom Event 37 - Minister Priority

Post by Ruges »

eventbnotally, (Must not be an ally)(meaning if set to true then the event will not take place if the target countries are an ally of each other)
eventbnotneutral,(Must not be Neutral)(means if set to true then the event will not take place if the target countries are neutral to each other.
eventbnotwary,(Must not be at war)(means if set to true then the event wil not take place if the target countries are at war with each other)

I have a dedicated event entry for every region and I expect to see the Egyptian (ID#101) Production Minister's (ID #0) priority "Product Self Sufficiency" (ID #3) to be set (1) when the game begins (time = 0, window = 0).
I have not played with this event but would not be suprized if the action taken threw the event did not show up in the UI. Could always run several tests of different things to see if its just this specific priority or of its somthing else. A good place I found was looking at all the different scenarios and seeing how BG implemented them. I have a good spreadsheet with how each one is supposed to work that I made some where. Its not on this computer and may take some time to find.

Also self effeciancy is not somthing good for the AI. In many cased the AI can do better importing certain goods.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I think there where only 14-16 events in SR2020, so all the rest are for srcw... I could be wrong
Last edited by Hullu Hevonen on Mar 04 2013, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Hullu is correct, event 37 is Cold War only. It's also broken ATM;

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... ead#unread
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

Ruges wrote:...
Also self effeciancy is not somthing good for the AI. In many cased the AI can do better importing certain goods.
It is a crying shame that the #37 event is not implemented for SR2020.

The "problem" regions that habitually go "bankrupt" often have valuable natural resources like oil that never get exploited by the AI. Setting them to self-sufficiency and product export would cause their Production Minister to invest in profitable ventures that might keep the region afloat financially.

Listen to me - I sound like a Republican!

When a war starts both regions go to DEFCON 3 or higher. They also get "Massive Military Buildup" set. Then when the war ends they stay at DEFCON 2 or 3 and continue their massive build-up, flooding their region with useless units and wasting their treasuries on billions in DEFCON Preparedness fees.

I am currently looking at Japan. It is May, 2013, just five months into the Ruges GC mod game. Japan's only enemy - China - has been defeated by South Korea (surprise!). Japan currently has no enemies and 30 hexes with petroleum resources - none of which it is developing. Yet it is paying huge mark-ups for imported oil and it is stuck at DEFCON 2 and Massive Military Buildup. Unless it DOWs Russia, in a few years Japan will be flooded with useless units. Without Ruges massive cash infusions, Japan will soon be out of cash. I play with "No Debt" so the regions cannot borrow their way to bankruptcy.

Taiwan is in a similar jam - has plenty of un-tapped petroleum and no living enemies. Yet it is stuck on a war footing, well on its way to packing its little island with expensive units that it cannot export and use.

If I only had a way to reset these regions back to a peaceful status, then it would not be necessary to infuse them with huge hand-outs like in the Ruges mod.

Up until now - before I discovered the Ruges treasury infusions, I would use Multiplayer mode to "make-over" allies such as Taiwan. As a "consultant" I would adjust their tax rates and social spending, build oil facilities, mines and power-plants, pull them out of their DEFCON/Massive Buildup hole and buy their choicest units and techs for my own use.

I was hoping to release a mod that solved these problems, but now I'm stuck...

Catatonic - 2012
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

One thing You might consider doing is every 10 years create an event that changes problem nations defcon rating to 5.

Also reguarding nations and resources. If you notice when there is no demand for a resource they lower there production of that resource. Even if exporting it would bring in income. And becouse players usualy export everything. AI nations stop exporting which causes massive problems with many different countries.
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

Ruges wrote:One thing You might consider doing is every 10 years create an event that changes problem nations defcon rating to 5. ....
That's a great idea - but more like once every 6 months.

Catatonic - 2012
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

catatonic wrote:
Ruges wrote:One thing You might consider doing is every 10 years create an event that changes problem nations defcon rating to 5. ....
That's a great idea - but more like once every 6 months.
How I did all of my custom events was to play the game and figure out when what needed to happen. For instance Taiwan. When playing the game if you find Taiwan always ends its wars in 2-3 years, Then at 3.5 years set the event to trigger to lower Taiwans defcon rating.
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

I have created some DEFCON-setting events like this:

262800,1440,13,0,101,-1,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,TRUE,TRUE,0,0,0, , , , , ,
262800,1440,13,0,102,-1,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,TRUE,TRUE,0,0,0, , , , , ,

I have them firing once every 6 months.

There is absolutely no indication that these events are having any effect. I was briefly at war with Cuba early last year but we made peace. Now 15 months later Cuba is still at DEFCON 3, Massive Millitary Buildup.

And the game is telling me that the U.S. (me) is at war and cannot lower its DEFCON to 5,
but the U.S. is not at war with anyone.

Catatonic - 2012
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

I will be home the middle of next week, and be able to get ahold of the sheet I use for custom events. Might be an issue somwhere in those lines. but off the top of my head they dont mean much to me without the sheets.

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”