Easy Custom Flags!

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Foxbyte
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Easy Custom Flags!

Post by Foxbyte »

I am not a clever man, and nor am I the most artistic. So, when making my own little world I came to a bit of an impasse. Flags. I want them to look nice and relatively close to the stock flags but that can take a bit of work.

And let's face it, I'd rather cut my thumbs off than use GIMP. :lol:

So I made this little template in paint.net, which you can get here for free.

Just resize the image you want to turn into a flag to 100x60, then paste it into the layer that says to put the flag in it. Save as .png, then when prompted flatten the image. Voila. A new flag. Then you just paste it into one of the flagbits files, note the location of the flag, then use that number in your .cvp file. Voila. A new flag that looks... well, okay, I know the shading isn't spot on, but it's 'close enough' to not bother me. :-)

Have some examples I've made, though not all were made with this template, as many were made back when I used PSP9 more. I've got Cascadia, Boralia, Gran Colombia and many more flags in there. As always, be sure to back up your stock files before you start modifying them!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jeffb
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes
Location: Skem, Outer Pieland or right side of the Pennines, or right side of Pennines, LANCS

Re: Easy Custom Flags!

Post by jeffb »

Any chance you can change this to a PDS file. Photoshop or Gimp can't open it.

Much appreciation.

Jef
Wigan turnin Blue, My Ass!!!
Wigan RLFC
Ancient & Loyal 1872
Cherry & White Army

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”