Unlocking Buissnes Sectors and Tourist attractions

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Marshall Tito
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Unlocking Buissnes Sectors and Tourist attractions

Post by Marshall Tito »

It is a 6.6.1 version
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

There is no support for versions prior to 6.8.1, that includes modding support. Please update to the latest version.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Marshall Tito
Sergeant

Post by Marshall Tito »

I tried when i update it in the menu there are no latters but white boxes i got a pirate supreme ruler
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Marshall Tito wrote:I tried when i update it in the menu there are no latters but white boxes i got a pirate supreme ruler
WOW! That is ballsy!

I give you massive points for honesty, truly that is a true strength of your character...

However...

You also lose major points for pirating the game...

All in all you are deep deep into negative points!

Now to your problem... You see it turns out that BG have this thing against people pirating their game. So they added in a feature which means that if you pirate it you cannot update past the first patch I beleive. If you do you end up with issues, such as the one that you are now facing. Since the first release the pirated copy runs off was so buggy as to be unplayable you have to update to play the game. However since updating causes a pirated game to be unplayable you can't update and play. Slight conundrum isn't it!

Now personally I think it is disgusting that BG included this type of anti-piracy DRM! Rather than going for a far better model of only allowing a person to install the game 3 times any where before they have to buy it again, or perhaps forcing the player to always have an active internet connection, both of which are reasonable well reasoned measures, that not only effectively stop piracy but also have no effect whatsoever on legal purchasers of the game! Unlike the current BG DRM system which obviously ruins the game for a whole series of players who legally bought it and is powerless to stop people who want to pirate the game, as you can tell by sifting through this forum and seeing the sheer number of people who legally bought the game and are having issues with the DRM system, and the complete lack of people who post asking why their pirated copy isn't working.............

And lets face it why should they have DRM at all? It is not like piracy actually affects studios like BG. Were they a massive multi billion dollar developer then obviously piracy would pose a risk to their company. So large a risk that they could go bankrupt, thereby providing the reason to have restrictive DRM that will interfere with the majority of gamers regardless of the fact they legally purchased the game! Yet they arn't such a developer so piracy barely has any effect on them, I mean lets face it if their game is pirated on mass it really isn't going to effect them is it? The lost sales won't count for anything will they?! Jesus even thinking about it know is making me realise just how greedy BG must be! So greedy that they actually put in an anti piracy measure, I mean they have so much money lying around for development and wages that it seems unreasonable that they stop some people getting a free copy of the game... It is not like they worked any hard on it anyway!

Now on the off chance that anyone reading this is not intelligent to understand just how layered with irony and sarcasm this post is I shall give this notice:

WARNING THE ABOVE POST IS MAINLY SARCASTIC AND/OR IRONIC, IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO TELL WHICH PARTS ARE I SUGGEST YOU FIND A MORE INTELLIGENT PERSON TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU!

*SARCASM/IRONY END HERE*
Ohh and btw as to your options, either go buy the game from any number of sources at incredibly reasonable prices, or live with the fact you will not be able to play an essentially unique game! Unreasonable isn't it!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Account suspended...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Why would you pirate this game? It cant be a money issue. It has been on sale as cheap as $2.00 (even pennies when in bundles). And with the hundreds if not thousands of game hours you will get with it, Your going to be hard pressed to find a cheaper form of entertainment, Chewing bubble gum is more exspensive.

If its not a money thing is it becouse you hate BG for some reason, or maybe Paradox? BG does allot more for its players then the average developer. Look at how much they support there tittle. 8 updates. and we are not just talking about patches to fix broken stuff, we are talking about content additions. BG has interacted with its players on a percentage of playerbase more then I have seen with any other developer out there. And they listen to us pretty well. Plus they dont even have a DRM system as some players hate it. They did not release a fail product, There have been very few bugs with the game. Infact if you go back and look at all the "bugs", The few that where acualy bugs got fixed right away. The majority of people who reported bugs where acualy just user errors, The other minority who reported problems that where not real bugs, where not user errors where acualy reporting errors becouse of a pirated version. And the last few people who reported unknown errors that could not be solved I suspect where using pirated version, or where to incompetent to install a game properly.

So if its not money reasons and there is no reason to dislike them. I guess it just makes you an ass.

Go buy a legit copy and that is going to fix your problems. The reason the whole cache thing is not making sense to you and is not working properly is they probly dont even include all the proper files.

Whiles its not on sale right now http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SR2020G/su ... -2020-gold $9.95 is still a very bargain. And still cheaper then chewing bubblegum. Well unless you pirate bubble gum from the bottom of desks too.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

I may be completly wrong but his last post looked "funny" to me. So, after checking his other posts to understand his ability to write in english, it look's to me he was not making a statment that he proudly owns a pirate version but rather a sad revelation that his copy of the game is pirated. Unfortunately, pirated copies of games sold as originals are not unusual in some states of ex-Yugoslavia. :-(
Still, I have no intention to defend "ex" member of this forum but (although it is too late now) I would have liked to hear his explanation :-?

EDIT: corrected some minor gramatical errors :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
burock82
Lt. Colonel

Post by burock82 »

come on guys please explain how to do it in cold war! I found default.unit file but there is nothing on line 102 ! only military untis!

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”