Question on some of the research effect values on economy

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

BlacShade
Private
Human: Yes

Question on some of the research effect values on economy

Post by BlacShade »

I had a few questions on some of the research effect values and what they actually do and how they effect the game. Some of them are fairly self explanatory while others seem self explanatory but actually aren't, or at least don't do what I think they are supposed to do >.<

One of the first things I was wondering about was the population use values, effects 60-70. I know that they lower or increase how much of a given resource your population actually use and I had thought that lowering this would make your economy better cause population used less resources. In doing so, I ended up producing way more resources than needed and my gdp/c tanked. I assume this is because none of my population was buying my resources. Is that the case? Should I actually turn pop resource use up to make more money? I assume if I do so I would need to increase effects 72-82 up to support that since they increase resource output.

That brings me to another question, the efficiency ratings effects 84-94. Do these reduce the costs associated with the resource production? Thats what I would assume efficiency means in this case but am unsure. I did try using them a bit but did not see any cost reductions in production. Or is that what effect 19, finished goods cost, is for? I was unsure if I should mess with that because I didn't know if that was associated with the cost of your consumer goods facilities or something else.

Ultimately what I am trying to do is increase the power of my economy but my attempts have mostly ended up bankrupting me. My resource production can go through the roof but so do my costs. Trying to combat that I would lower the pops need for resources and just demolish most of my resource production which then tanks my gdp. All of my attempts so far have ended with me going into a hole economically. Maybe its just my knowledge on how the economy is supposed to work that's flawed? Any help is appreciated.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Question on some of the research effect values on econom

Post by georgios »

Finished goods are industrial, consumer and military goods.

But I have the same questions. All tech effects need a responsible explanation. And we should be informed about the inactive effects and techs to fix them.
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

This all depends on how you run your economy. If you have low taxes on resources, and make your money by exporting. Then lowering demand is a good thing. However if your making your money by taxing your populous on resources, then lowering demand for those resources is a bad thing.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

I experiment with "finished goods facilities costs" giving values up to 90% and down to -90% but the costs raimained stable. Is this parametre inactive?

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”