Ruges MOD (normal build times and buildings version)

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: Ruges MOD (normal build times and buildings version)

Post by number47 »

well, anyone that wants normal build times can mod them themselves, Ruges was kind enough to leave you with that option by distributing all the filles needed for the creation of the cache file. (Thanks for that, Ruges :wink: )
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

number47 wrote:well, anyone that wants normal build times can mod them themselves, Ruges was kind enough to leave you with that option by distributing all the filles needed for the creation of the cache file. (Thanks for that, Ruges :wink: )
And here is how to do it:

Backup the Ruges.Unit file in the Mods/RugesMod folder. Edit it with a text editor.

Want a quicker build time for air fields? The Air Field facility is on approximately line 3190, unit ID number 21202 (column 1). Build time (days to build) is in column 26. It is set to 320 days in Ruges mod. It used to be 80 days. Change it to 80 or whatever.

Repeat with other unsatisfactory build-times of other facilities and save the file.

Don't like the new higher Missile Fabrication output? Neither do I. Line 3195, ID #21213. Change column 115 "build cap/build slots" from 50 back to 1 or whatever. I put mine at 25.

Delete or rename the old Ruges cache flle "Ruges Global Crisis V4.36Beta.SAV" in the CacheGC folder.

Start SR2020 and play the Ruges Global Crisis campaign. Wait 20 minutes while your quad-processor computer rebuilds the cache and places the new one in the Savegame folder.

Move this new "Ruges Global Crisis V4.36Beta.SAV" file from the Savegame folder to the CacheGC folder.

Then play the game.
"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012
number47
General

Post by number47 »

catatonic wrote:...Wait 20 minutes while your quad-processor computer rebuilds the cache...
:D
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

I don't get the smily face.

One of the complainers said that his Quad-core computer took too long to play the Ruges modded game.

Mine takes 20 minutes to rebuild a cache...

Catatonic - 2012
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

some machines can take 90mins to recache.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

catatonic wrote:I don't get the smily face.
It means: hehehe that may be correct for some of the lucky people that actually own quad core but even that is not a guarantee :D (I didn't mean anything bad by it :wink: )

Come to think of it, I actually own quad core and it takes me some 30-40 min to recache Ruges game. :lol:
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

I didn't think that you meant anything bad.

I was surprised at the caching speed when I finally bothered to time it earlier this month.

It may have something to do with the Ramdrive that I created out of extra RAM memory. This laptop has plenty of RAM so I created a 1 GB ramdrive and configured it to be the official OS TEMP device.

Catatonic - 2012
vbombv
Corporal

Post by vbombv »

Just to bump this . Did Ruges ever post a normal build times of his Ruges Mod? I have tried and tried and tried to mod and compile it myself but for some strange reason somthing corrupts or I make somthing haywire in Game.

(edit) Should have mentioned that I know you are probably working o other stuff like cold war. I have the steam version but just couldnt get into it like 2020.

Thanks!

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”