World 1985

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Ruler 1979

Post by Balthagor »

Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

Thanks. I have 6.8.1.
I still can't use any regions without multiplayer(Exept Egypt..).
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
Zutroy
Sergeant

Post by Zutroy »

Niko465 wrote:Thanks. I have 6.8.1.
I've figured it out. For some reason, I assumed that since the files in the Maps folder were only used to bake the cache file, that I wouldn't need to include them when distributing the campaign for download. I was wrong, and that is the apparent source of the problem.

In approximately an hour, I'll reupload it with the proper amount of files. Simply paste it in like you did and overwrite whatever files you downloaded before -- and let me know how it works.
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

Zutroy wrote:
Niko465 wrote:Thanks. I have 6.8.1.
I've figured it out. For some reason, I assumed that since the files in the Maps folder were only used to bake the cache file, that I wouldn't need to include them when distributing the campaign for download. I was wrong, and that is the apparent source of the problem.

In approximately an hour, I'll reupload it with the proper amount of files. Simply paste it in like you did and overwrite whatever files you downloaded before -- and let me know how it works.
Understood

I noticed something else.
Tchecoslovaquia and Soviet Union's name + each countries's description change into the description/name of the GC campaign. It happened 2 times on the 3 game I played, one in Single player and one in MP. It never happened under my eyes.

(Edit)
It work. All regions are availiable
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
Zutroy
Sergeant

Post by Zutroy »

Niko465 wrote:I noticed something else.
Tchecoslovaquia and Soviet Union's name + each countries's description change into the description/name of the GC campaign. It happened 2 times on the 3 game I played, one in Single player and one in MP. It never happened under my eyes.
I'm familiar with this phenomenon. It should only occur when you're reloading a saved game, and even then, I thought I had it solved by adding another file into Localize/LOCALEN/Scenario and modifying the .scenario file accordingly. It occurred to me once yesterday -- but each time I've reloaded a saved game since then, it's shown the names I intended (Czechoslovakia, Soviet Union, etc.) and I don't know why it's working now or why it wasn't then. Keep me posted.

Also, if anybody else has any insights into this, feel free to chime in. I recall the game used to have a problem where descriptions (drawn from the same .csv file in question) would appear blank when a saved game was reloaded, but that was cleared up -- so maybe the developers know what I'm referring to.
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

Zutroy wrote:
Niko465 wrote:I noticed something else.
I'm familiar with this phenomenon. It should only occur when you're reloading a saved game, and even then, I thought I had it solved by adding another file into Localize/LOCALEN/Scenario and modifying the .scenario file accordingly. It occurred to me once yesterday -- but each time I've reloaded a saved game since then, it's shown the names I intended (Czechoslovakia, Soviet Union, etc.) and I don't know why it's working now or why it wasn't then. Keep me posted.

Also, if anybody else has any insights into this, feel free to chime in. I recall the game used to have a problem where descriptions (drawn from the same .csv file in question) would appear blank when a saved game was reloaded, but that was cleared up -- so maybe the developers know what I'm referring to.
I can confirm it happen at the load. I just loaded my save and the name were Soviet Union and Czechoslovaquia and description wer as you set them. I loaded it again and the names are USSR and Czech republic.
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

Interesting.
I solved the prob simply by starting a new game of your mod and then loading the save of my original 1979 game. Now in my game, all the name are as you choose them.
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
TheCyab6a
Lt. Colonel

Post by TheCyab6a »

are u still working on the techs and units in this mod cuz i have to say it is my favorite scenario to play out of everything in sr
Zutroy
Sergeant

Post by Zutroy »

TheCyab6a wrote:are u still working on the techs and units in this mod cuz i have to say it is my favorite scenario to play out of everything in sr
I have not dealt with techs and units as of yet, although I may do so in the future. The version I've worked out now has been moved back even further to 1976, and includes Rhodesia and Republican Yemen as well as various other details I changed like leader names and races (for example, making the default leaders of South Africa and Rhodesia white Europeans). I haven't gotten around to uploading it yet because I'm busy with school, but I'm very glad you enjoy Supreme Ruler 1979!
Niko465
Colonel

Post by Niko465 »

TheCyab6a wrote:are u still working on the techs and units in this mod cuz i have to say it is my favorite scenario to play out of everything in sr
Same. We should play a game :-)
Nicolau Abraão Rojas
Brazillian United Front
South East State
Jones815
Corporal

Post by Jones815 »

Is it me, or does the download link seem to be broken?
stanislavsoltys
Private

Post by stanislavsoltys »

Jones815 wrote:Is it me, or does the download link seem to be broken?
It is. :\
Jones815
Corporal

Post by Jones815 »

Well that sucks.... nobody else happens to have a copy would they?
andylu23
Warrant Officer

Post by andylu23 »

the link doesnt work anymore. plz fix
Zutroy
Sergeant

Re: World 1985

Post by Zutroy »

Bumping for update.