Is there a way to annex a country without DoW it?

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Biggie
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Is there a way to annex a country without DoW it?

Post by Biggie »

Well, the Subject text, should say it all. ;)

I'm often playing as Romania and I'm always DoW Moldavia so I can "reunite" the two countries...
Is there a possibility to do the same thing, but without having to DoW it?
Or at least, to "justify" my DoW against them? ;)
Cuz after every annexation, the whole world hates me ....
So is there a way to get around that hating? :D

Probably to get some Cassus Belli on them? But how? D:
sirveri
Colonel

Re: Is there a way to annex a country without DoW it?

Post by sirveri »

No, you must resort to war.

This is one reason why I'd like to see the guys over at BG 'borrow' the event system that pdox uses. You could create non-violent unification possibilities, you could also expand naval territory, and possibly place new resources on the board depending on how many commands they gave us.

Also, the territory once you seize it will be less productive than your Romanian territory.
- Dave
---------------------
Will mod for food!
Biggie
Sergeant

Post by Biggie »

Hmm...

okay, I guess then, I'll have no other chance but to wage war. ;)

At least, time will heal all wounds (or in this case the UN-relations) ;p
Captiva
Sergeant

Post by Captiva »

Maybe I'm a little late posting on this, but Just in case this info can still be useful....

If your on a network, Start the game up Go to multiplayer in the game and Host a new game, set the game up but select the country from the list you want to conquer,not the one you want to be, and start the game up, declare war on yourself (i.e. the country you want to play, so your innocent) sabatage there forces while your at it(set the global commands to not allow the defense minister to control the units then reserve all of them, it will stay like that, also let the game run for a few seconds before saving and exiting, or the war wont "stick") Exit out now go back into multiplayer and load up the save you just made, and select the country you want to play, and start game.

Youll be at war with them, no fault of your own(apparently) and they will hardly put up a fight :wink: You can keep playing in multiplayer if you want or save the game after loading your country and put that file into the singleplayer save folder and load it up.

I got tired of everyone being friends, so I decided to get proactive, and make countries bend to my will. Now noone is safe :evil:

But yeah, with a little patience and alot of loading, you can manipulate the game to play out how you want, with the exception of peace, you can force them to be friends, but they will just turn on eachother again as soon as you turn your back.
Huangdiist
Lieutenant

Post by Huangdiist »

sirveri wrote:No, you must resort to war.

This is one reason why I'd like to see the guys over at BG 'borrow' the event system that pdox uses. You could create non-violent unification possibilities, you could also expand naval territory, and possibly place new resources on the board depending on how many commands they gave us.

Also, the territory once you seize it will be less productive than your Romanian territory.
Naval territory is expendable, you have to delete the UN from the CVP file, or put 0 under any country, to give it world control over the naval seas.
That is how I do it.
"All War is Based Upon Deception" - Sun Tzu's The Art of War
Biggie
Sergeant

Post by Biggie »

Alright, thanks for you good advice and help!

I think I'll stick with the multiplayer-trick ;)

Question answered! :D

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”