Afterworld 2010

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

ZT Strike
Major
Human: Yes

Afterworld 2010

Post by ZT Strike »

This is the thread for ZT Strike's Afterworld 2010 mod.

Afterworld is a mod in which you can play various countries in a world where communism fell in Eastern Europe but did not bring down the USSR.

Old Version:
Afterworld Mod Ver1

[Edit by Balthagor]
Version 1.1 provided by ZT Strike;
Download Afterworld Ver 1.1
Last edited by ZT Strike on Nov 01 2010, edited 1 time in total.
-ZT Strike
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Afterworld 2010

Post by Eldin »

Sounds interesting. How does the AI fare in general in your mod with regards to economy?
ZT Strike
Major

Post by ZT Strike »

I haven't changed much to the AI. The military AI will run about standard, however the economy should run better become I cut a good portion of the world's dept.
-ZT Strike
ZT Strike
Major

Post by ZT Strike »

Intro: Its 2010 and the world is out of Balance. Though Communism fell in the late 1980s, it still remained in the Soviet Union
and other parts of the world. The world is still divided between East and West, and relations are getting hot. Not only
this but the United States has enjoyed an era of being the Supreme Superpower for 20 years, and now is full of a new
drive of Manifest Destiny. Americans think that their way of living is the best and only real way to live. This and being
leader of the Western Sphere makes them a powerful force in the world. Europe has enjoyed an era of peace since the fall
of the wall. No longer is Europe divided and on the brink of war. However, the Soviets still loom over Europe as a major
threat. The Soviets have seen far better days, since the fall of the wall their country economically crashed and fought
a civil war. Now they have discovered new resources and still are the worlds largest military force. This can make the
Soviets a powerful force to be dealt with. China has had a period of greatness since the fall of the wall. While still
communist, they have taken their warmer relations with the West and provided cheap goods and labor which has brought
great sums of wealth and power. However, since 2005 the West has cut relations with China. Leaving China a slower
and less active country. However, being the worlds most populous country and still vitalized from earlier days, China
is still a great force to be reckoned with. So what will you do? Will you take control of the US to make it the only
only and true world power? Will you fight with the Soviets to return to the greatness of superpower, and spread communism
across the world? Will you play China and seek revenge against the greedy Capitalists? Or will you play another nation
and bring it to its heights of power? On November 11, 1989 the wall came down. A journalist watching the event said
"this is the end of the world as we know it." This phrase lead the world to what it is today. Welcome to Afterworld!
Last edited by ZT Strike on Nov 01 2010, edited 1 time in total.
-ZT Strike
ZT Strike
Major

Post by ZT Strike »

I can't find a good way of getting these files uploaded. The file attach won't load a folder, any help?
-ZT Strike
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Your .sav will probly be too big too. your going to need to use a third party site to host.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

If you'd like, we can host it on our server, but you'd still need to get it to me. How big is it?

Else there are sites like savefile.com and yousendit.com
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ZT Strike
Major

Post by ZT Strike »

I forgot to compress it but it is too big, the total size of the mod is 4.43 MB. This forum should jump its ability to 5 MB by the way.
I have had a lot of problems with 3rd party sites.
-ZT Strike
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I can get up to 10MB in my e-mail, send it to me and I'll host it on one of our servers.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ZT Strike
Major

Post by ZT Strike »

Sent, thanks Chris
-ZT Strike
UchihaMadara971
Lieutenant

Post by UchihaMadara971 »

Actually, China is more likely to emerge as the world Superpower. China shall destroy the US to its very roots, it is only a matter of time. Even in the reality! US owes tonnes of money to China in debt! China's military might has also surpassed that of the US for a while now! I holds very interesting nukes as well! Never underestimate China...
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

As someone who has looked at a lot of data on this issue, I disagree. The total US forces is much more formidable that that of China. Try it in game, the US can control the sea.

Also, much of China's economic growth is artificially strong thanks to the currency controls they use.

But we're all guessing here, so any of us could be right.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

China seems to have develop or may be developing a carrier killer missile.

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i= ... =ASI&s=AIR
The ASBM has been dubbed the aircraft "carrier killer" by observers and is part of China's larger anti-access/area denial strategy designed to discourage the U.S. Navy from coming to the aid of Taiwan during a war. Now it appears China is using the same strategy to deter U.S. and other regional navies from operating in the South China Sea.

Though U.S. aircraft carrier groups have significant air defense capabilities, including SM-3 missiles, the threat ASBMs pose is a new one, said Stokes. No country has yet developed a reliable ASBM system and therefore there is reluctance among some analysts to dismiss the possibility China has developed the capability of locating and destroying a moving target at sea with a ballistic missile.

However, U.S. Pacific Commander Admiral Robert Willard told members of the U.S. House and Senate Armed Services Committee in March that China was nearing a test phase for an ASBM.
ZT Strike
Major

Post by ZT Strike »

UchihaMadara971 wrote:Actually, China is more likely to emerge as the world Superpower. China shall destroy the US to its very roots, it is only a matter of time. Even in the reality! US owes tonnes of money to China in debt! China's military might has also surpassed that of the US for a while now! I holds very interesting nukes as well! Never underestimate China...
Dude, I'm an economics major working toward a doctorate and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that you are dead wrong. Not only are you wrong, but I can say that within 30 years there is a 84% chance that china wont exist. First of all, china has nothing to use against the united states. Sure we owe them money, but the money they lent us was not Yen, it was dollars. So in short, if they do anything that would hurt us in the wallet, it will come back to hurt them. In fact, it will hurt them far more. Secondly, China's "Military Might" is nothing less than an oxymoron. Most of the Chinese units are class B and C army groups with poor training and equipment. Even in the state Russia is in, the Russians could overwhelm and crush China with old Soviet weapons that are in stockpile. Thirdly, China's Nuclear stockpile is not even one third of the stockpile of the US's. However, this is not much of a matter cause neither country has the balls or stupidity to use them. Finally, throughout history China has been overestimated again and again. Sure they might be a country of a billion people now, but they are a country where seven eights of the population is still peasants.
If there is anything else you need to be informed on, and believe me there is a lot I can tell you, let me know.
Hundane wrote:China seems to have develop or may be developing a carrier killer missile.
Yeah I saw this story, though its a nice thing to say about it will not amount to anything. Most Military commanders know that it will be at least 5 years before deployment, and even after they get the thing going it is questionable how well it will do. The general comment being made by military experts is that it will not be anymore effective than a Soviet 1st or 2nd Generation anti-ship missile.
-ZT Strike
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

ZT, please go on, i'm not sure if china will be the next super power, but I think that there is atleast one power that shall rise an challenge US in future. China has a weak navy(compared with the US). The Chinese newest air craft could be a formidable Air Defence craft against the US Air Force if build in sufficient numbers. As of Land Forces, I think the US would be superior, but due to chinas endless reserves and large land, I don't think the US would be able to hold much land in China. Well, these days you can't fight without a wallet.
If there is anything else you need to be informed on, and believe me there is a lot I can tell you, let me know.
I'm interested in what you have to say :-) , though I think that the Afterworld mod and the discussion should take please separately
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”