Modern Day Campaign

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

WuOne
Captain
Human: Yes

Re: Modern Day Campaign

Post by WuOne »

Thanks number47, I did everything by the instruction, but i didnt make it work, didnt get any changes at all, must be something Im doing wrong :-(

Modern Day Campaign.scenario
&&MAP
mapfile "GlobalCrisis"
&&END

Deleted Global Crisis.SAV from cacheGC folder went to game reset settings, started new Global Crisis Campaign - waited awhile, went to save game folder, copied "CACHED - Global Crisis-GC.SAV" to cacheGC folder, renamed to "Global Crisis.SAV" loaded my save - no changes, started new game - no changes...
number47
General

Post by number47 »

WuOne wrote:Thanks number47, I did everything by the instruction, but i didnt make it work, didnt get any changes at all, must be something Im doing wrong :-(

&&MAP
mapfile "GlobalCrisis"
&&END

Deleted Global Crisis.SAV from cacheGC folder went to game reset settings, started new Global Crisis Campaign - waited awhile, went to save game folder, copied "CACHED - Global Crisis-GC.SAV" to cacheGC folder, renamed to "Global Crisis.SAV" loaded my save - no changes, started new game - no changes...
No, you should be looking in .scenario file for this line:

#ifset 0x04
&&SAV
savfile "name of the file",
&&END

and remove file with that name of the file from CacheGC folder...

EDIT: I downloaded this mod to look for myself. You need to remove UN.SAV from CacheGC folder. Good luck with the rest! :wink:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
WuOne
Captain

Post by WuOne »

Thanks
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

You can also copy the .scenario file, edit the savfile "UN" to what you like and keep the original mod while create your own version :wink:
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

WuOne wrote:Thanks number47, I did everything by the instruction, but i didnt make it work, didnt get any changes at all, must be something Im doing wrong :-(

&&MAP
mapfile "GlobalCrisis"
&&END

I look forward to an update on new and better... :D
WuOne
Captain

Post by WuOne »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:You can also copy the .scenario file, edit the savfile "UN" to what you like and keep the original mod while create your own version :wink:
Well I always make backups :wink: and then I see whats best
WuOne
Captain

Post by WuOne »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:You can also copy the .scenario file, edit the savfile "UN" to what you like and keep the original mod while create your own version :wink:
Just as you said
Your campaign remains the same and I added new scenario "Modern Day Oil Crisis" with balanced resource demands.
Thanks for help to do that .

EDIT:

Will Post new thread about it.
Last edited by WuOne on Oct 20 2012, edited 3 times in total.
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

Very good job Wuone.But did not write the changes.Please write them.
Thanks! :-)
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

Updates will you do?You can do this job more perfect.For example;Oil wars or factory build times 80 days=365 day..
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I would prefer you to make it into a new thread rather than put essetially 2 mods on one page , welcome to the modder community btw :-)
Happy Linux user!
WuOne
Captain

Post by WuOne »

MertcanKs wrote:Updates will you do?You can do this job more perfect.For example;Oil wars or factory build times 80 days=365 day..
I don't think so, I just changed few things in the existing campaigns created by someone else, the only thing what I might do is make oil crisis model in the other existing campaigns like "Global Crysis" or "World 2020".
I might reconsider that if I will get too deep in to the modding this game. Just that was the thing I wasn't happy about in this game - world markets trade model, if you expand your industry, then noone will need your industry anymore... So I just edited 2 files in existing Modern Day Campaign Mod, so I cant really call it my mod.
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

So,There's nothing else...
Thanks. :wink:
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

WuOne wrote:
MertcanKs wrote:Updates will you do?You can do this job more perfect.For example;Oil wars or factory build times 80 days=365 day..
I don't think so, I just changed few things in the existing campaigns created by someone else, the only thing what I might do is make oil crisis model in the other existing campaigns like "Global Crysis" or "World 2020".
I might reconsider that if I will get too deep in to the modding this game. Just that was the thing I wasn't happy about in this game - world markets trade model, if you expand your industry, then noone will need your industry anymore... So I just edited 2 files in existing Modern Day Campaign Mod, so I cant really call it my mod.
well, tomorrow/today when I get wake up, I will add it to the list of mods :wink:
Happy Linux user!
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

WuOne wrote:
Will you do the same thing Cold War? (Modern Mod Oil Crisis)
bulletje
Private

Post by bulletje »

Hi guys! This mod looks promising, I cant wait to try it out. But have a problem, the download link doesnt seem to be working anymore... has anybody got an alternative link?

Thanks!

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”