Modern Day Campaign

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

tonystowe
Colonel

Re: Modern Day Campaign

Post by tonystowe »

After my last post I continued to play and decided to enter the war against USSR. I decided to use Finland as my resupply hub from an earlier Full Transit treaty to feed my war machine as it entered Estonia. I sent six submarines, an aircraft carrier, 2x DDG-1000, 5x CG's, and 5x DDG-71's to the water zones next to Estonia to begin weeding out USSR's naval capabilities and to assist Poland in defending against the Russian air superior acft and bombers as Poland was having a hard time dealing with the Russian air attacks.

I decided to airdrop Green Berets onto the island sea pier west of Estonia proper and the response from Russia was truly awesome! Luckily for me the water hexes between Estonia proper and the island is the only thing that saved me from the wall of armor, IFVs, recon, artillery and other units; although it did not stop the relentless missile and air attacks that my forces endured for the better part of two days.

Several weeks later I decided to airdrop 14x GB into Estonia proper near Narva (i think) and the Russian's wasted no time unleashing a "shock and awe" attack with everything it had to get my troops out of there. Needless to say...I watched as my GB sacrificed themselves to test the AI....

Hevonen, overall, good work and I will be starting another campaign with your mod using an african region shortly to see what they end up doing.

Tony
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

tonystowe wrote:After my last post I continued to play and decided to enter the war against USSR. I decided to use Finland as my resupply hub from an earlier Full Transit treaty to feed my war machine as it entered Estonia. I sent six submarines, an aircraft carrier, 2x DDG-1000, 5x CG's, and 5x DDG-71's to the water zones next to Estonia to begin weeding out USSR's naval capabilities and to assist Poland in defending against the Russian air superior acft and bombers as Poland was having a hard time dealing with the Russian air attacks.

I decided to airdrop Green Berets onto the island sea pier west of Estonia proper and the response from Russia was truly awesome! Luckily for me the water hexes between Estonia proper and the island is the only thing that saved me from the wall of armor, IFVs, recon, artillery and other units; although it did not stop the relentless missile and air attacks that my forces endured for the better part of two days.

Several weeks later I decided to airdrop 14x GB into Estonia proper near Narva (i think) and the Russian's wasted no time unleashing a "shock and awe" attack with everything it had to get my troops out of there. Needless to say...I watched as my GB sacrificed themselves to test the AI....

Hevonen, overall, good work and I will be starting another campaign with your mod using an african region shortly to see what they end up doing.

Tony
ok, I have tried to diversify their units, in the original game you often see african nations running around whit almost only engeneers, I hope they use a more diversified inventory :-)
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Vuk-Wolf
Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

So..Will you delete TU-12 Black Eagle from Ukraine or not? its still prototype and ukraine doesnt have to do anything with that russian project O.o
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Vuk-Wolf wrote:So..Will you delete TU-12 Black Eagle from Ukraine or not? its still prototype and ukraine doesnt have to do anything with that russian project O.o
Yes and I added a "Kolchuga passive sensor" mobile radar unit :wink:
Happy Linux user!
baltic1284
Lieutenant

Post by baltic1284 »

man this sucks i got both the old and new and did what the instrutions said and it doesnt work for me someone please help.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

baltic1284 wrote:man this sucks i got both the old and new and did what the instrutions said and it doesnt work for me someone please help.
What did you do? Do you know where you game files are located? do you se the campaign when you launch the game?
Happy Linux user!
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

An update to my MDC test run.

My push into Estonia is going better than planned and as I have now recovered all of that region under my control, I am now pushing into Soviet territory. The sad part is that the Soviet war machine is losing steam and appears ready to peter out as my troops are only encountering garrison troops. Of course, if the target hex has a barracks I will run into those units given the defend orders.

My current tactic, which doesn't appear to be working, is to push USSR into a peace treaty. He will decline my request; I will consume a large number of cities and consolidate the supply and surrounding area; then I will request another peace treaty. I am not wanting to take the Soviet capitol but my troops continue to move closer and I will take it before I fight all of Russia. :roll:

My concerns, which may be directed better at BG and the engine, are whether or not Russia is building offensive units in order to regain the offensive or in the least defend its capitol better? I can see its troops deployed but I simply do not know if it is ordering the construction of new troops.

Tony
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I am currently cacheing, Update arriving today(arrived)
EDIT: I noticed a bug in my game as Mexico, that you are able to build 3oil fields on an hex that normally would hold max 2. I need to know if anyone else has experienced this in the 1.11beta version? also I would wan't feedback on the 20% lowered oil production world wide, it's meaning is to cause depression like effects where nations are struggling economically and the Oil prizes is unstable, i'm considering having the production lowered by 10% instead of 20%.
Happy Linux user!
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

I noticed that your new Unit Infantry_Division 2010 has a Weight of 2t. I believe this to be an error as your Mercinaries (DynCorp) has a weight of 135t
Vuk-Wolf
Colonel

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

You can see its division and contains a lot of infrantry?
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

Vuk-Wolf wrote:You can see its division and contains a lot of infrantry?
Yes, the unit has 12,500 personnel
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

tonystowe wrote:
I'll look into the weight problem :-) , thanks
Happy Linux user!
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:
tonystowe wrote:
I loaded 35x Infantry_Division 2010 into a C-141 transport and dropped them onto a city with full Garrison and the Inf_Div 2010 got their butts handed to them. When the fight finally ended I had lost 70% and the remaining 30% were so beat up that they were unable to function.

Another thing I noticed with your mod, and liked, that I did not see with Ruges or the vanilla 2020 is that Garrison units will leave the city to reclaim land and engage my troops. I thought the Garrison troops leaving to be a fluk at first so I dropped single SOF units two hexes away from five different cities and each time I noticed the Garrison troops moving out to reclaim the territory. Not just one Garrison, but all of them and when I dropped SOF in order to surround one city they would each go separate ways to reclaim the territory. Interesting, yes?

Tony
Vuk-Wolf
Colonel

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

tonystowe wrote:
Hullu Hevonen wrote:
tonystowe wrote:
I loaded 35x Infantry_Division 2010 into a C-141 transport and dropped them onto a city with full Garrison and the Inf_Div 2010 got their butts handed to them. When the fight finally ended I had lost 70% and the remaining 30% were so beat up that they were unable to function.

Another thing I noticed with your mod, and liked, that I did not see with Ruges or the vanilla 2020 is that Garrison units will leave the city to reclaim land and engage my troops. I thought the Garrison troops leaving to be a fluk at first so I dropped single SOF units two hexes away from five different cities and each time I noticed the Garrison troops moving out to reclaim the territory. Not just one Garrison, but all of them and when I dropped SOF in order to surround one city they would each go separate ways to reclaim the territory. Interesting, yes?

Tony

Well you can change infrantry attack/defence value easily with Unit browser as i did in my mod(http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... it=browser)..After just catche and you wont have problem with garnisons...
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I'll have a minor bugfix ready today or tomorow, fixing the oil field problem, division 2010(not yet looked into it), and some other unit unit fixes.

EDIT: Cacheing... I hope i'll get a new update today, otherwise tomorow :-)
Happy Linux user!

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”