Mod Walkthrough: CSV Relations overrides

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Mod Walkthrough: CSV Relations overrides

Post by Balthagor »

Causus Bellli value. And it adds to whatever is already created by sphere/relations settings.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
ZT Strike
Major

Post by ZT Strike »

thank you
-ZT Strike
ZT Strike
Major

Post by ZT Strike »

I'm going crazy, I change the values for this deal but when I change them, they are far from what I want them to be. The Numbers have no relation to another set. Please help
-ZT Strike
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

ZT Strike wrote:I'm going crazy, I change the values for this deal but when I change them, they are far from what I want them to be. The Numbers have no relation to another set. Please help
Dont forget that section is an overide. Its added ontop of the Influence. And infact for long term games you should be doing your relations changes with this part, Since the CSV override just affects starting relations, and evenualy they will drift towards the spheres of influence.

Although changing the spheres of influence is a bit tricky and requires multiple caching to get the adjustments right. Infact the best way to get this right is to dump the csv override and orbats from caching, and what everelse you can get away with not caching into it. This will cause the cache to process faster. You will then be able to make minor adjustments to the spheres do a quick cache see what the effects are. rinse and repeat until you have it the way you want. It wont be playable, but you will be able to tell relations right away. Then add back in the csv override. and other stuff into the cache.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The orbats are what really push the time for caching. Without Orbats you're looking at 5-10mins max. And Ruges comments are spot on.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

I know that this is probably the mother of all thread revivals but I am trying to do a whole series of clever and difficult things to make a mod and I am undoubtedly way over my head in this, but I get the just of most of this so all that I really need to ask is how you create a one sided treaty?

Such as Egypt has with most of the world.

I am of course talking about SR:CW at this point but I believe that is of little consequnence on the process

Edit:

Looking through I can't seem to find a way to do this, although I am starting to suspect that it would be created via an event as well. Although that still doesn't explain where Egypt gets its starting sea transit treaty's from! Just can't seem to find reference to it in the files...
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
dax1
Brigadier Gen.

Post by dax1 »

sorry...I want understand...
I must, however, start a new game? or it's apply at old saved game?
Con forza ed ardimento

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”