GUI Mods

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

catatonic
General
Human: Yes

Re: GUI Mods

Post by catatonic »

I found a problem with the new Land Department/Location Detail panel. It seems to have lost its Previous/Next arrows for Complex Hub/City.

The arrows for the surrounding facilities are still there and the '[' and ']' keys still work.
"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I actually just noticed that yesterday, not sure if I did that by accident or if my changes broke their function in the GUI. I'll be looking into it, thanks.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
trebor
Captain

Post by trebor »

Also one thing i've noticed is that you can only check the supply % of hexes with nothing built in them, the % bar doesnt show up for cities or complexes.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

There is a tooltip on the complex. I'm still struggling with how to show where all the new tooltips are.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Foxbyte
Lieutenant

Post by Foxbyte »

Are you still working on these mods, Balthagor? I think I discovered a glitch with the tax rate display.

The pop-up tool-tip displays the percentage of whatever tax class I clicked on last, and not the tax class that I'm actually hovering over. It displays the name just fine, however.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

sorta, by coincidence I was looking at it today and noticed a small fix I want to do.

Like "Update 8", this is something I want to get done but I'm just so busy with other stuff.

Weekends are a write off these days, always doing stuff with my son while my wife is working...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Huangdiist
Lieutenant

Post by Huangdiist »

Balthagor wrote:sorta, by coincidence I was looking at it today and noticed a small fix I want to do.

Like "Update 8", this is something I want to get done but I'm just so busy with other stuff.

Weekends are a write off these days, always doing stuff with my son while my wife is working...
For Update 8, is it possible to add an option to change government type "in game", like pressing a button, to change monarchy to theocracy, for example?

In addition, adding the option of changing the Japanese gov. type to Monarchy (as it has clearly not only rearmed recently, yet is Absolute Monarchist type with Emperor all-powerful.)

Moreover, Adding the treaty option of unit trades that enables each other to see their units in the units reserves trade pane in diplomatic exchange, while also being able to hold off the units reserved for trade with AI, so the computer does not deploy them.

In addition, add an option of faster cache building, make the game calculate the cache more quickly, or add the option of GPU acceleration.
"All War is Based Upon Deception" - Sun Tzu's The Art of War
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

This thread is for GUI mods only. This is changing existing functions, not adding new ones. GUI is only the interface.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Post by BigWolf »

Despite the long time I've been around, this is the first time I've noticed this lol

Is it wise to try these out (will they conflict with a fix from a patch released since you last worked on these?)
Also, anyone got any ingame screens of the changes, just to see what they look like?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

GUI changes are like skins, they have no direct effect on gameplay. If you patch the game it will undo any modded haps which have been changed between versions, but this can be fixed by reapplying the Mod.

make a copy of your entire SR folder on your hard drive, dump the mod in the copy and run it from there. You can have multiple SR folders on the same system.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”