DEFAULT.UNIT file Editor/Browser

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

drakuli
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: DEFAULT.UNIT unit file Browser

Post by drakuli »

@balthagor
Mine is retail box edition. It is SR2020 gold edition and I have installed update 5.6.2 as well.

@catatonic
I have changed the regional setting to UK, but it still won't work. I re-downloaded and re-installed the package, also not working. Btw, I'm still using directx 9.0c.

Maybe I should re-install everything? But I'm too busy to do that. :-(
Scoose
Major

Post by Scoose »

Hi, I downloaded this today and must say looks very good, I have only had a tiny go at it and I seem to have a little problem. What I was trying to do was change the F-117 nighthawk's stealth from 150 to 190, it is saving it ok but when I load my game it still has the stealth as 150 on the blueprints page, so I loaded the util again but in there it has the stealth as 190 as I had changed it. What i want to know is will the values actually show up as the new values in the game or not?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Scoose wrote:Hi, I downloaded this today and must say looks very good, I have only had a tiny go at it and I seem to have a little problem. What I was trying to do was change the F-117 nighthawk's stealth from 150 to 190, it is saving it ok but when I load my game it still has the stealth as 150 on the blueprints page, so I loaded the util again but in there it has the stealth as 190 as I had changed it. What i want to know is will the values actually show up as the new values in the game or not?

Thanks for your help in advance.
you should probobly cache before you see any unit changes
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Scoose
Major

Post by Scoose »

Thanks Hullu but I am still not sure how to cache, I am not very good with computers. Also when I press save the util crashes, but if I use save as in another folder it saves it ok, then I try to manually move the file to were the default.unit file is and i still get the same problem of it not showing up. Could this have anything to do with the fact that I have ruges mod installed? If I have to cache then I will just leave it alone as I really havent got the know how even with the instructions you linked me.

Thanks again.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The data files are only used when you build a cache. You must build a cache to see the changes.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Scoose
Major

Post by Scoose »

Right I percivered and it works, if I can do this anybody can. Thanks Cat for the program, thanks Hullu for your quick and very helpful response and thanks Bath for pushing me into trying somethong I wasnt comfortable with :D

Just another quick question while I am here, what number do I change for the amount of missiles an aircraft can carry e.g. F-117 = 108, if I wanted to make that more or less which value do I change?

Thanks again.
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

Scoose wrote:Right I percivered and it works, if I can do this anybody can. Thanks Cat for the program, thanks Hullu for your quick and very helpful response and thanks Bath for pushing me into trying somethong I wasnt comfortable with :D
http://www.supremewiki.com/index.php/SR ... e_Settings

Scoose wrote:Just another quick question while I am here, what number do I change for the amount of missiles an aircraft can carry e.g. F-117 = 108, if I wanted to make that more or less which value do I change?

Thanks again.
Column 21 "missile capacity". Missile capacity of 8 will all allow two size 4 missiles or four size 2 per aircraft. So for an air unit of 18 aircraft, MC=8 allows 134 (8 times 18) missiles per unit.
"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

Scoose wrote:Thanks Hullu but I am still not sure how to cache, I am not very good with computers. Also when I press save the util crashes, but if I use save as in another folder it saves it ok...
Then you probably do not have administrative rights to the "Superme Ruler 2020/Maps/Data" folder. Log onto your computer as an administrator and then adjust the permissions for this folder and any other SR2020 folders that you plan to mod.

It shouldn't crash though. Sorry, my bad.

Catatonic - 2012
Scoose
Major

Post by Scoose »

Its all good now, I just write the document somewhere else then copy it in to my folder seems to be working thanks. Really enjoying tinkering with things though so thanks again for a super program that makes it idiot proof :D
davidclaywood
Lieutenant

Unit Browser

Post by davidclaywood »

catatonic
What an excellent effort you have done here. It is a great tool to get in and do some mods with.

May I make a suggestion?

Whenever it suits ad a "Region Code" filter so that one might list/edit only the units for his favorite region.

strSQL= "SELECT * FROM 'tblUnits' WHERE 'RegionCode' CONTAINS " & strDesiredRegions & ";"

Sincerely

davidclaywood@yahoo.com
catatonic
General

Re: Unit Browser

Post by catatonic »

davidclaywood wrote:catatonic
What an excellent effort you have done here. It is a great tool to get in and do some mods with.

May I make a suggestion?

Whenever it suits ad a "Region Code" filter so that one might list/edit only the units for his favorite region.
Each column, including the Region Code column is already sortable - just click on the column header.

You won't get a list of exclusively one Region code, but it will sort them so that all units of the same region code are listed together.

Catatonic - 2012
jeffb
Warrant Officer
Location: Skem, Outer Pieland or right side of the Pennines, or right side of Pennines, LANCS

Post by jeffb »

Just a query, i have SR2020 5.6.2 will it work for it. Apologies but im a newbie to SR2020
Wigan turnin Blue, My Ass!!!
Wigan RLFC
Ancient & Loyal 1872
Cherry & White Army
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

jeffb wrote:Just a query, i have SR2020 5.6.2 will it work for it. Apologies but im a newbie to SR2020
Yes.

The browser has very little to do with game version. It depends upon the DEFFAULT.UNIT database file maintaining the same format - the same data columns staying in the same positions.
This has not changed throughout the developement of SR2020.

Catatonic - 2012
Excentric
Corporal

Post by Excentric »

Its giving me a "Cannot open file"/"Could not find part of the path" error. Why is that? Im running SupremeRuler2020GC [v.6.6.2] on XP sp3
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

Excentric wrote:Its giving me a "Cannot open file"/"Could not find part of the path" error. Why is that? Im running SupremeRuler2020GC [v.6.6.2] on XP sp3
Close SR2020.

Install the browser in "C:\Program Files\Supreme Ruler 2020".

DEFAULT.UNIT must be in the "MAP\DATA" folder.

Catatonic - 2012

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”