How to mod Units

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Re: How to mod Units

Post by Ragu »

I have a question for Ruges.

I want to add a complete new mesh to the game files. Ive gone through your wiki information, and it really is simple straightforward information. I have modified the .UNIT file and adjusted the technologies for it, and done the basics.
So I have a mesh saved as a .X my question is...

What file do I modify so that the game knows to use this mesh?

I dont recall seeing that information on the wiki.

TIA

Ragu
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

You'll need to change 2 files. In the DEFAULT.UNIT you have to give it a picnum. Look in \Graphics\Meshes\DEFAULT.PICNUMS to find an unused number than fill in the number according to the elements of your mesh.

[Edit] Oh, and to see the unit picture in the user interface you have to add a snapshot of it to \Graphics\UGBITS1 or UGBITS0.png depending on the pic number, UBGITS0 is #0-255 IIRC.

If you'd like, send me the .x and .png and I'll help you assign the number and make the pic for the GUI. I'd also like to see if your .x file is fully optimized.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Ragu
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Ragu »

Balthagor wrote:You'll need to change 2 files. In the DEFAULT.UNIT you have to give it a picnum. Look in \Graphics\Meshes\DEFAULT.PICNUMS to find an unused number than fill in the number according to the elements of your mesh.

[Edit] Oh, and to see the unit picture in the user interface you have to add a snapshot of it to \Graphics\UGBITS1 or UGBITS0.png depending on the pic number, UBGITS0 is #0-255 IIRC.

If you'd like, send me the .x and .png and I'll help you assign the number and make the pic for the GUI. I'd also like to see if your .x file is fully optimized.
Cheers Chris,

Sent you the files via your BG email. :-)
Aawish
Warrant Officer

Post by Aawish »

MAXIMUM RANGE:(HELP NEEDED)

I did all the editing and edited unit values for "move range" and tried to recache.. my recache was supposed to be long enough (30-90mins) but it does in a couple of mins..then when i try to run the campaign/scenario/sandbox etc, all i get is a world without any units,no money,all numericals turned to zero,no activity.. I have tried it multiple times in SRU. Even when i change a single value in UNIT file and try to recache, the same thing happens again and again.all i see a blank map.. It is really frustrating to be honest.. That's why I want someone to help me out and edit unit file (+ recache the new file) for me and make ranges for all units max..so i don't have to care about supply (which is the ultimate buzz kill) in this game.
Dimon-limon
Private

Post by Dimon-limon »

Hello!!! Your link doesn't working((((( Can you make a new correct link here????

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”