World War 2 mod

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

decurr
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: World War 2 mod

Post by decurr »

Is this mod still being worked on? There has not been any word in the last 3 months. By the way, I can't download from fileplanet. The file ends up being 0MB in size.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

The mod/mod team have been long inactive, the vanilla download works, I have my backup at home and I ain't going home atleast for the next two weeks.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I was just about to fix up my backup, when I tried the Filefront link and the old link seems to be working now :-)
Happy Linux user!
decurr
Corporal

Post by decurr »

Well I finally had a chance to play this mod. I was shocked at all the holes and errors I found:

1. No air transports-which makes all the air droppable units pointless.
2. No strategic bombers
3. Half the fighters did not show up-turns out some commas are missing in the data file.
4. The V-2 rockets keep getting shot down-it was not set for ballistic.
5. All the WWII era carriers are nuclear powered
6. Naval Air units are not carrier capable

These are my major points of contention. So I fixed the fighters and added some units and went to re-cache the campaign. When I played again, all the people and technology disappeared. I looked in the scenario file and it seems 2 files were not included in the mod file. Is it possible to upload "1939.PPLX" and "1939.TTRX"?

By the way, I found these errors in the Global Crisis version of the mod.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

The mod never came out of the Beta stage(meaning possibly still many bugs left), and I would say the mod is not in development anymore :-) , so there is many errors.
Happy Linux user!
Prescot
Lieutenant

Post by Prescot »

And there is only over 20 tanks...
DiegoEsteban
Lieutenant

Post by DiegoEsteban »

What about a more simplier mod, reproducing the politics of 1940 but in 2011/2020? You know, Allies, Axis, Soviets...
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

that would be a new project :-) , but i'm currently not able to do such :-(
Happy Linux user!
DiegoEsteban
Lieutenant

Post by DiegoEsteban »

So the project is inactive right now?
I was going to sugest to go to the easy way, instead representing battalions use divisions. That way you will use a lot less of units. Plus it requires less research and setup time.
So instead had a lot of units and variations, you simply go for a divisional formation (Srt 1/100%) with no too mmuch class especification: US-Infantry Div 39, US-Infantry Div 41, Pz I Division, Pz II Division, an so.
Basicly like HOI series, but not that generic.
tyler2114
Lieutenant

Post by tyler2114 »

I would like to work with the files you have with your consent of course. I know the mod team is having some trouble working on it and if you would let me I would like to improve upon it. Should I complete the project credit would be given to the original team who made up the concept.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

tyler2114 wrote:I would like to work with the files you have with your consent of course. I know the mod team is having some trouble working on it and if you would let me I would like to improve upon it. Should I complete the project credit would be given to the original team who made up the concept.
You have the go ahed and goodlucks from my part, though we where more than just me, i recomend pm:ing the others. :)
Happy Linux user!

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”