World War 2 mod

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: World War 2 mod

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

How would an "hotfix" sound? the update is not yet ready but I think that we have fixed all the major bugs in game so far.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Anyway, "hotfixed"...
Happy Linux user!
brucemo
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Post by brucemo »

It would seem to me that the largest problem with a WWII mod is teaching the engine to play dynamically. Have you figured out a way to do this? When I play 2020 it takes forever to conclude wars, and it's hard to imagine a reasonable WWII mod that includes Germany still sitting a couple of hexes from Warsaw in 1941.

I'm asking because I'm hoping that someone will tell me there is a setting that fixes this in the vanilla campaign.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

brucemo wrote:It would seem to me that the largest problem with a WWII mod is teaching the engine to play dynamically. Have you figured out a way to do this? When I play 2020 it takes forever to conclude wars, and it's hard to imagine a reasonable WWII mod that includes Germany still sitting a couple of hexes from Warsaw in 1941.

I'm asking because I'm hoping that someone will tell me there is a setting that fixes this in the vanilla campaign.
From what I know most of it is hard coded, but sa_3_d911 may know something, he takes care of the relations and if I understood it right you can do spme "programing" with &&SEVENTS. hope I helped :D
Happy Linux user!
Jeff Karlisk
Sergeant

Post by Jeff Karlisk »

Shouldn't kalingrad be part of germany since it was in world war 1 and 2 as east prussia? Also, wouldn't Australia and canada be part of the british empire since they were still controlled by Britain in world war 2?
~Jeff
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Jeff Karlisk wrote:...wouldn't Australia and canada be part of the british empire since they were still controlled by Britain in world war 2?
I'd think their level of independence by 1936 would make them valid separate regions.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
sa_3_d911
Brigadier Gen.

Post by sa_3_d911 »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:
brucemo wrote:It would seem to me that the largest problem with a WWII mod is teaching the engine to play dynamically. Have you figured out a way to do this? When I play 2020 it takes forever to conclude wars, and it's hard to imagine a reasonable WWII mod that includes Germany still sitting a couple of hexes from Warsaw in 1941.

From what I know most of it is hard coded, but sa_3_d911 may know something, he takes care of the relations and if I understood it right you can do spme "programing" with &&SEVENTS. hope I helped :D

actually the best that we can do is set the scenario as it happened ,meaning that i can make Germany declare war on france the same day it did in WWII&i can make them sign the pact of steel on the same day they did ,but there is no way to make them fight like they did or recreate the battles
Shouldn't kalingrad be part of germany since it was in world war 1 and 2 as east prussia? Also, wouldn't Australia and canada be part of the british empire since they were still controlled by Britain in world war 2?
as far as i know kallingrad was part of germany but this is up to Hullu you can ask him
"If I weren't an Egyptian, I would have wished to be an Egyptian" Mostafa kamel

MAY THE SOULS OF THE THOUSANDS WHO GAVE UP THERE MOST PRECIOUS THING FOR US REST IN PEACE ,AMIN
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Kalingrad is suposed to part of germany at that time, my mistake :-)
Happy Linux user!
Jeff Karlisk
Sergeant

Post by Jeff Karlisk »

And Ireland Didn't Split From Great Britain Until 1949. In 1938 the british empire had 531 million by 1938. Germany had 87 million in 1939.
~Jeff
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Jeff Karlisk wrote:And Ireland Didn't Split From Great Britain Until 1949. In 1938 the british empire had 531 million by 1938. Germany had 87 million in 1939.
yes, the populations figures i know about, but as of Ireland I think they deserves the same status as Canada, Australia and New Zeeland. Ireland was also largly neutral during this conflict.
Happy Linux user!
popl
Corporal

Post by popl »

Could someone change the mod that it is usefull for the basis game. I have no idea how to do this.

It doesn't work without gc and this is the most interesting mod for me.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

popl wrote:Could someone change the mod that it is usefull for the basis game. I have no idea how to do this.

It doesn't work without gc and this is the most interesting mod for me.
ok, i'll see what I can do, it might not be as complet as for GC. :-)
Happy Linux user!
popl
Corporal

Post by popl »

Thank you!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

popl wrote:Thank you!
Here is the version for Supreme ruler 2020 original on Filefront, It is though not as complete as the GC version. It has no "relation"
Happy Linux user!
backes42
Warrant Officer

Post by backes42 »

If i add a mod, is it a scenerio? I don't get how these things work?

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”