Soviet Union 2020

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

CCCP232
Sergeant

Re: Soviet Union 2020

Post by CCCP232 »

Does this mod only work with the Global Crisis expansion? I only have the original game and it doesnt seem to be working for me.
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

Except screens this afternoon, and the updated mod tommorow.
I'll begin SR 1991 after that.

CCCP232 wrote:Does this mod only work with the Global Crisis expansion? I only have the original game and it doesnt seem to be working for me.
The game only works with Global Crisis. It's built off the Global Crisis .OOF. Eventually I guess I'll release a version for the original game, but I have other priorities right now.
A soldier fights for his comrades. I fought for my family. You and our troop were my only family. The workers and peasants may not understand, but your men will. Why do you think we loved you?
rao
Lieutenant

Post by rao »

i extracted the mod, and havnt played it yet, but it LOOKs SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET

and yes i can see the mod in CUSTOM SCENARIO... not necessarily in Global Crisis.. scenario list or in SR2020
Frank
Captain

Post by Frank »

Sergey Golovko wrote:Except screens this afternoon, and the updated mod tommorow.
I'll begin SR 1991 after that.
Well, maybe that the NATO ORDER OF BATTLE 1989 may be useful to you.

It's 270 pages doc file which details the NATO's military production, orbat, organization and deployment.

The timeframe isn't exactly matching your but it may be a good basis.

http://www.microarmormayhem.com/NATO_OR ... _mod_8.doc

from NATO OOB Mk VII - Tanknet.org
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Dedicated Wiki page for the mod here
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

Version 2 is up.
A soldier fights for his comrades. I fought for my family. You and our troop were my only family. The workers and peasants may not understand, but your men will. Why do you think we loved you?
MaxRiga
Colonel

Post by MaxRiga »

that's great that u keep working on ur scenario.
so far what i can advise is -
1-plz, change china-russia relations on good, in the scenario russia and china go into war conflict in 1 month after game starts, this is rediculose cause the worse enemy of ussr was usa not china. if war happens it should be soviet-american war. and specially North Korea must be if not ally of ussr but the best friend for sure. in ur scenario russia has beautiful relations with Japan but worse with n.kores. Iran is also good friend of ussr but not the enemy.
2-poland and czech republic must be included into warsaw pack ( soviet bloc )
3-not sure afghanistan, iraq, egypt and soudies should be allies with ussr, may be just good with relations but definitely not allies ( muslims and soviets in alliance - sounds weird :)))
4-european countries must be more tolerant toward ussr. specially scandinavian countries, soviet union had very good relations with them.
5- i really don't think that ur introduction is right - "russia is really rdy to attack europe ...". it sounds a lot like american propaganda, in fact russia never wanted to attack europe, it's easy to understand because europe was the only place where russia sold it's resources.

any way, the scenario it self is very good, it's just need to be more realistic. And I believe that USA should be the aggressor since USA has always been the one ;) So and scenario gonna be more interesting then …
... lai dzivo latvija !
Frank
Captain

Post by Frank »

May it helps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_War_( ... 80.9385.29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_relations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_re ... viet_Union
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq%E2%80 ... _relations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_fo ... Assistance

and so forth...

Static defense, mostly SAM and radars, were also much more numerous, it could make the fight interesting if you want a belliquous situation.

There are several sources that it could give you a link to if you want to go that way.

Whatever you do, good luck and keep up the good work! :wink:
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

MaxRiga wrote:that's great that u keep working on ur scenario.
so far what i can advise is -
1-plz, change china-russia relations on good, in the scenario russia and china go into war conflict in 1 month after game starts, this is rediculose cause the worse enemy of ussr was usa not china. if war happens it should be soviet-american war. and specially North Korea must be if not ally of ussr but the best friend for sure. in ur scenario russia has beautiful relations with Japan but worse with n.kores. Iran is also good friend of ussr but not the enemy.
2-poland and czech republic must be included into warsaw pack ( soviet bloc )
3-not sure afghanistan, iraq, egypt and soudies should be allies with ussr, may be just good with relations but definitely not allies ( muslims and soviets in alliance - sounds weird :)))
4-european countries must be more tolerant toward ussr. specially scandinavian countries, soviet union had very good relations with them.
5- i really don't think that ur introduction is right - "russia is really rdy to attack europe ...". it sounds a lot like american propaganda, in fact russia never wanted to attack europe, it's easy to understand because europe was the only place where russia sold it's resources.

any way, the scenario it self is very good, it's just need to be more realistic. And I believe that USA should be the aggressor since USA has always been the one ;) So and scenario gonna be more interesting then …
This version is not meant to represent a continuation of Cold War hostilities, but rather of a new polarization of the world occurring by 2020. I did not make the introduction, that was in the game by default. Anyways, I will be working on the 1991 scenario now, which will address the realism issue.
Sergey Golovko
Captain

Post by Sergey Golovko »

I've completed the Country and Unit data for my Soviet Union 1991 mod. I still have some work to do, and I apologize for the delay, but the mod is coming.

BTW I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I could get the leaders of the countries to reflect real world leaders at that time. That would add an extra level of realism to the mod.
MaxRiga
Colonel

Post by MaxRiga »

glad to hear u keep ur working on the scenario. can't wait to test it ;)
... lai dzivo latvija !
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Sergey Golovko wrote:This scenario features the Soviet Union in place of its respective republics. I got the idea from this thread: http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 48&t=12819.

In this scenario, there are 6 blocs at the start. The blocs are not necessarily 100% accurate, though they are based on realism more so than balance.

1. Soviet Bloc: USSR, Cuba, Venezuela, India
2. Chinese Bloc: China, Pakistan, North Korea, Syria, Iran
3. Asia-Pacific Bloc: Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, US
4. Anglo-American Bloc: US, Australia, Canada, UK
5. US-Israel Bloc: US, Israel
6. NATO: US, UK, Canada, Germany, Greece, Turkey, Italy, France

Here is the file:
http://files.filefront.com/USSRzip/;132 ... einfo.html

::Update::

I have completed Version 2 of my Soviet Union 2020 mod. It features updated and expanded blocs, as well as changes to the relations between the blocs. The changes are slight, and I still need to tweak NATO-USSR and NATO-China relations, but the game is still very playable and features polarization on all continents.

Here are some screens. There were more, but some would not appear in resized version so I did not use them:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

The updated Blocs are:
NATO: US, UK, Canada, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Turkey
Commonwealth/ANZUS: Canada, US, UK, Australia
US-Pacific Alliance: US, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan
US-Israeli Alliance: US, UK, Israel
Chinese Bloc: China, Cambodia, Iran, Croatia, Laos, Libya, Mexico, Nicaragua, North Korea, Pakistan, Sudan, Syria, Vietnam
Soviet Bloc: USSR, Afghanistan, Argentina, Bulgaria, Cuba, Egypt, Iraq, Mongolia, Saudi Arabia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Venezuela

USSR v2 can be found here: http://files.filefront.com/USSR+v2zip/; ... einfo.html
version 2 link is deleted
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
bvb
Colonel

Post by bvb »

+1, if anyone can put it back up, would love to try it. :wink:
jvandien
Private

Post by jvandien »

Please re-upload the link for version 2. THANKS!!!
harry0708
Sergeant

Post by harry0708 »

I only got V1 but i did some simple edits on it(increase the techs lv,add techs to SU and US,change diplomacy,,,,)

http://www.badongo.com/file/15982963

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”