Ruges GC Mod (5.08(11-2-13))

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Darian66
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: Ruges GC Mod (4.36(11-6-11))

Post by Darian66 »

Hi,

I was playing yesterday with my friends and we noticed that for some reason, multi-role fighters and interceptor don't engage each other, for example in Siberia there is a full stack of US F-22D flying around alongside Russian Su-34 Flankers, while the same thing is happening over Moscow with French Mirages and Russian Su-47's. The aircraft do engage heli's and supply aircraft.

As for the UN aid, i think it is great. Normally the UN is bankrupt and in high debt at the end of 2021 and starts asking 4 bil for the Heavy Supply design.
catatonic
General

Post by catatonic »

Ruges wrote:I do know that the UN acualy recieves the AID, this can be shown ingame by viewing the UN's balance.
I wouldn't even know where to find the UN balance.

As I started to look at the events part of the mod I was rather shocked at the financial ones - some of the major regions are receiving regular, massive infusions of cash to their treasuries. For instance, Russia starts with nearly $1 Trillion dollars in contributions in the first seven months, with increasing amounts (starts at $550 billion) and increasing time periods (starts at 3 months) throughout the game.

If I was the Russian SR, I could not wait to telephone my Treasury Minister each morning!

I assume that you decided to do this because of certain "problem" regions that habitually run out of money.

Anyway, my alternative suggestion is to:

1) Increase the initial treasury of these "problem" regions using the .CVP over-ride.

2) Set the initial funds level to "No New Bonds" and play with "No Debt".

3) Set ALL regions to "Produce Products for Export" and "Produce Self-Sufficiency".

I am testing this right now.
"War is merely the continuation of politics [diplomacy] by other means"
General Carl von Clausewitz - 1832

"Defense: De ting dat keeps de cows off de road."
Catatonic - 2012
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Darian66 wrote:Hi,

I was playing yesterday with my friends and we noticed that for some reason, multi-role fighters and interceptor don't engage each other, for example in Siberia there is a full stack of US F-22D flying around alongside Russian Su-34 Flankers, while the same thing is happening over Moscow with French Mirages and Russian Su-47's. The aircraft do engage heli's and supply aircraft.

As for the UN aid, i think it is great. Normally the UN is bankrupt and in high debt at the end of 2021 and starts asking 4 bil for the Heavy Supply design.
There is a difference in high air, Medium air, and low air. The SU-34 flankers are high air, while the F-22D is mid air. the SU has a low attack and the F-22D has a high defence. Basicaly the SU is flying higher then the F-22 can engage. and the SU is having problems engaging the F-22.

1) Increase the initial treasury of these "problem" regions using the .CVP over-ride.
I prefer incirmental way I did it threw the mod. It also gives the ability to only give it to the AI, since players will not recieve these boosts.
2) Set the initial funds level to "No New Bonds" and play with "No Debt".
Bonds are a nice thing for AI and players alike, in many situations a short term bond can really help. and I have it set to no debt by defualt, since it is a great hinderance to AI nations to have it.
3) Set ALL regions to "Produce Products for Export" and "Produce Self-Sufficiency".
I have ran tests with this. and its not as good as it sounds. If a player does not get invovled, the AI countries can manage, but soon as a player starts exporting heavily and droping demand, many countries will stop exporting. Which then causes them to run a decifiet, Which then causes them to lower production, and they go into a downward spiral which they typicaly do not recover without some more cash. Also having them set to this means you can have them set to being more aggresive, which I prefered to run. So instead I went to cash infusion route, and I believe the way I have it setup over time works out pretty well with the mod.
Darian66
Corporal

Post by Darian66 »

So why is the F-22D mid-air ? The Su-34 has a lower service ceiling.

F-22D: Service ceiling: 65,000 ft (19,812 m)

Su-34: Service ceiling: 15,000 m (49,200 ft)
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

That is somthing you would have to ask BG.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Mid air is 15k-70k feet IIRC.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Leonidas
Sergeant

Post by Leonidas »

Hi Ruges and other players
I played this mod 3 or 4 times and i have to say its my favorite.
I read you are considered a new update.

Are in your plans revised the units...?
For example someones are bad name
Su-37 Berkut its really S-47
Su-37 is Terminator

and of course new units that they are in development this years like:
Mig-35 Su-35 Korean Stealh Fighter
PAK-FA russian next model
J-31
MBT Armata - FV Kurganets - 8x8 Boomerang
Mil Mi 38 - 200 Mil Mi 42
and of course future carriers china/Indian/UK

thanks
DiegoEsteban
Lieutenant

Post by DiegoEsteban »

A playability improvement sugestion: Incress the range (autonomy) of the ground recon units. Lets say, doubling each unit autonomy. This way the recon units will have a reason to be, being able to reach places where other units would run out of supplies.

Small unit correction: American FFG-7 O. H. Perry no longer have the Mk13 launcher, that means no SM-1 nor RGM-86 missiles. So the only AA capability will be Phalanx guns, and the unit will have 0 missile capabilities (there are being remplaced by LCS ships).
DiegoEsteban
Lieutenant

Post by DiegoEsteban »

As a side note, both Morocco and Venezuela have decent size armies. I would give them one land factory to each (they have none).
Darian66
Corporal

Post by Darian66 »

Are you by any chance planning on doing a tie-in with Divided Planet?
Last edited by Darian66 on Apr 23 2013, edited 1 time in total.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Nope
dyllan7
Corporal

Post by dyllan7 »

Hey Ruges, are you still looking into updating this awesome mod?
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

I might. still gotta finish my current game. Then I might play another game as Cuba or Madagascar. And if I do that I will do an update to the mod before I play that game, as there are a few changes I would like to make.
dyllan7
Corporal

Post by dyllan7 »

That sounds awesome, love the mod and looking forward to the potential update :P
Inzann
Warrant Officer

Post by Inzann »

Hey! This is my first mod I have installed and I have a question. I go on campaign as usual and of course theres your new Ruges campaign there. I wonder if thats the one I need to play whenever I want to use the mods features or can I still play shattered world with your mod features?

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”