Ruges GC Mod (5.08(11-2-13))

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Tyglyt
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: Ruges GC Mod (5.08(11-2-13))

Post by Tyglyt »

Hey Ruges, if you are still around could you please take a look at this bug in your MOD?
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 49&t=23201
Chilli
Corporal

Post by Chilli »

Hi Ruges. Just wanted to ask...is the mod dead or u got no time working on it. I would realy like to play the 5.08. Thanks.
Ater
Colonel

Post by Ater »

Ultimate version at some point?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
hoodedclaw666
Corporal

Post by hoodedclaw666 »

Ruges Mod as great as most of it is, the aircraft and the missiles are far too hard, i mean come on, ive tested it by cheating and fleets of ships and hordes of anti air are unable to stop the missiles and planes. i don't mid losing my own aircraft and missiles if i can shoot the enemies down too!

So i thought id jigger the stats down a tad. i open Ruges UNIT file in Excel and in Open office (neither make a difference) change what i want, save it and im out. Check the && unit and its fine, no ""!'s. i delete the Ruge file in campaign. Run SR2020, select ruges mod and let it run the cache build. The cache build always ends up smaller but i try it any way, nada!

so i think something wrong elsewhere. i delete the global crisis file in campaign. edit the default.UNIT file, change the british warrior 10 points up on combat stats as UK start with them so easy to see. cache rebuild is 2.7meg not 7ish. no towns units nothing on the map.

Any help would be very much appreciated, its got that bad im close to hangng SR up for good.

all i want is ruges with reasonable air power, if anyone has already done it can beg it, but id rather find what im doing wrong
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

hoodedclaw666 wrote:Ruges Mod as great as most of it is, the aircraft and the missiles are far too hard, i mean come on, ive tested it by cheating and fleets of ships and hordes of anti air are unable to stop the missiles and planes. i don't mid losing my own aircraft and missiles if i can shoot the enemies down too!

So i thought id jigger the stats down a tad. i open Ruges UNIT file in Excel and in Open office (neither make a difference) change what i want, save it and im out. Check the && unit and its fine, no ""!'s. i delete the Ruge file in campaign. Run SR2020, select ruges mod and let it run the cache build. The cache build always ends up smaller but i try it any way, nada!

so i think something wrong elsewhere. i delete the global crisis file in campaign. edit the default.UNIT file, change the british warrior 10 points up on combat stats as UK start with them so easy to see. cache rebuild is 2.7meg not 7ish. no towns units nothing on the map.

Any help would be very much appreciated, its got that bad im close to hangng SR up for good.

all i want is ruges with reasonable air power, if anyone has already done it can beg it, but id rather find what im doing wrong
Been awhile since I worked on this. Don't remember all of the details. but one of the things I did was create custom files. that way they did not overwrite the originals. IE Its not the default.units file you wont to edit for my mod. its the Ruges.UNIT file you want to mode. I am also not sure how they have incorporated it in the ultimate package, some some paths may be different.
Tnarg
Colonel

Post by Tnarg »

Hello Ruges, it's been awhile, last I played and thoroughly enjoyed was your Rufes Mod 4.36.

I see the the 5.08 version available on the Steam version of Gold. Thinking about diving in again, but I had a few questions first.

1. Do I have to do anything like moving folders around, recaching and all that to make sure the ai Params and everything work or is it all ready to go, just click on custom scenario, look for your Ruges Mod 5.08 and start playing. I see that your custom units are there just wanted to make sure your amazing AI is enabled too along with all of your other changes.

2. How does your 5.08 AI stack up to the newest version of Supreme Ruler Ultimate? You have an amazing mod just wondering if BG incorporated some of your ideas on how the AI is handled. For example I remember in 4.36 some pretty great attempts at naval invasions. I tried an Ultimate Version Modern World the other day and because of the merchant marine sadly saw China dump 1000 units on Tawain. Granted they did try 3 different ports, which I thought was impressive, I just had to stop after I saw their losses stack up like that in about a months time frame.

Thanks Ruges!
mladjura
Corporal

Post by mladjura »

I have split all the countries in Ruges GC mod 4.36 to be more like Shattered world, but the game crash at specific date 14th march.

I have made all necessary changes in MAPS folder - GlobalCrysis.CVP and GlobalCrisis.REGIONINCL and in MAPS – ORBATS folder for assigning correct starting army to every region, cashed the game properly, and everything works well, until the game crash on 14th march 2020.

Can someone PLEASE HELP ME and tell me if there are any other changes I should made in order to make this work?

I would like to keep everything the same as is in Ruges mod, just to have map like in Shattered world.
6mike161
Private

Post by 6mike161 »

Hello Does anyone know where to find the mod because the current download link says file not found whenever I try to Install it

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”