Ruges GC Mod (5.08(11-2-13))

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Calahan
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: Ruges GC Mod (5.08(11-2-13))

Post by Calahan »

Looks like nobody has nagged Balthagor for a while, so thought my first post would be to do that on behalf of those with the physical copy like me. (Haven't played in many years, but picked up 1936 recently and that got me in the mood for 2020 again, but played vanilla to death so want to try playing a gameplay mod this time around, hence nag nag nag!)
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Slim chances of Balth doing anything with this while still being involved in sr1936 small fixes...maybe in a week or two 8)
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

argh, I just can't seem to get this off my list. This week, I gotta get this done. Almost had it working but the person helping me test said there was a missing mesh after applying it.

I appreciate everyone's patience. :oops:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Balthagor wrote:argh, I just can't seem to get this off my list. This week, I gotta get this done. Almost had it working but the person helping me test said there was a missing mesh after applying it.

I appreciate everyone's patience. :oops:
I hope that person provided you with adequate info for you to fix the issue... :wink:
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

This is back in testing, hope to have it ready soon.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Okay, I think I have this working for the rest of our users. Please try it out and let me know;

http://home.cogeco.ca/~chrisahl/2020udpate.rar
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Anyone with non-steam version having problems with techs missing text? like in the link
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

hmm, I'm seeing that with one of my installed versions, I'll look for the mismatched files...

[edit] - Ruges, can you take a look and see if you can make a complete updated install file for 5.08? I didn't touch the techs or the cache so I'm not sure what the cause is...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Calahan
Corporal

Post by Calahan »

Many thanks for managing to bring your time and attention to this Balthagor. Much appreciated.

Although a quick glance indicates I have the same problem as reported above. Not sure if this is the cause, but in the OP Ruges mentions the following files which I can't see anywhere in the download archive...
Ruges wrote: LOCALTEXT.csv should go inside the \Localize\Localen folder (its ok to overwrite the old files without saving them, As the ID#'s I used where unused ones so it will not affect other Scenarios)
LocalText-TTR.csv should go inside the \Localize\Localen folder (its ok to overwrite the old files without saving them, As the ID#'s I used where unused ones so it will not affect other Scenarios)
I'm new to SR modding though, so it's purely a guess that this is the problem (based on the theory that missing files can generally cause problems).
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I did look at those files in comparison between my two installed versions and everything appeared to be in the proper place, but I didn't get a chance to look inside the files. I'm wondering if a different version of Ruges local files went out a different times. My update technically is for Vanilla, not specifically Ruges mode, but it should have worked for both.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Calahan
Corporal

Post by Calahan »

I just downloaded v.4.36 from the OP, and copied the aforementioned "localtext" files to their respective locations, and that has resulted in almost all the blank/textless techs now having text. There are still a few blank/textless techs, but now they have to be spotted rather than obviously standing out like they did before (for example in the corresponding screenshot for a new game as USA, that number47 posted above, only the top 4 warfare techs now have missing text, whereas there were dozens of such cases before). Although whether the new text match the techs they are meant to etc is something I can't tell at this point (from a superficial glance).

So based on this, a possible assumption is that there were some changes to these "localtext" files between v.4.36 and 5.08 (which is the current version if I understand correctly), and that if/when these "localfiles" are updated, that could rectify the problem of the blank/textless techs (and rectify any potential mis-matched text that isn't obvious at first glance).

Thanks again for your help and effort on this Balthagor (and while I'm at it thanks to Ruges as well for creating what looks to be great mod).
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

I can take a look at this later on.
Calahan
Corporal

Post by Calahan »

Did you mange to take a look a look at this in the end Ruges? (oh and those are some absolutely amazing changes you've made to the AI. Totally different playing experience when the AI can use its planes and missiles and whatnots. So major hats off to you for the work you've done in that regard.)

Also, I've now played a few games with this mod (well, "this mod" as in the v5.08 files Balthagor posted paired with the v4.36 local files from the OP) and was wondering if those experienced with playing it could confirm if the following sort of developments I've seen from my games are normal or not for this mod. eg. In one game Turkey got killed off before April 2020 (so less than 3 months from the start) by Russia + Iran, and in the same game Iran had conquered the entire Middle East, Pakistan and was well into Egypt before the end of 2020. In another game Russia conquered Turkey, most of Europe and had almost made it to the Atlantic coast before the end of 2020. And is it expected that roughly 50 countries get eliminated within the first year? (or at least that seem to be the rough average from the handful of games I played).

So mainly I'm asking (those familiar with this mod) if these sort of scenarios are normal, whereby major nations are being killed off in less than a month (less than a week in some cases I seen), and 25%+ of the countries in the world eliminated within 12 months. Or is it a problem being caused specifically (or exacerbated) by the bastardised version I've been playing? I've read large chunks of the thread and seen posts where people talk about how strong Russia and/or China can be sometimes, but those posts didn't give any timelines for their conquests. So not sure if they are referring to Russia being unstoppable within 6 years (which might be normal for this mod) or 6 months (which seems to be normal from the few games I've played).

(Settings were: - Diplo = VEasy, Econ = Normal, Military = VHard or Normal, Volatility = Medium)
diman
Sergeant

Post by diman »

Ok so we may get it after summer .... if we are lucky
Happy summer holidays guys
dannyboy1981
Corporal

Post by dannyboy1981 »

Hi I have Steam Version of this game. But I can't seem to find the version of this mod you said is only on steam?

I have tried to look through this monster thread to find the info but have not yet, felt it easier just to ask.

Any chance of throwing this old dog a bone :D

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”