Ruges GC Mod (5.08(11-2-13))

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

nick-bang
Colonel
Human: Yes
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Re: Ruges GC Mod (5.08(11-2-13))

Post by nick-bang »

Ruges wrote:
nick-bang wrote:Hmmm... sooo IF I dont own the steam version, is there a way I can update the mod to the current one anyway.

I have bought a bunch of copies including Steam, Gamersgate and physical. But the one on my portable is the physical, so I cant really use the Steam option ... or what ?
Not currently no.
And it would be a big hassle to make it available to the physical copy ?

Alternatively as i have Steam, could I myself tweak it to make it run on another platform?
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

nick-bang wrote:
Ruges wrote:
nick-bang wrote:Hmmm... sooo IF I dont own the steam version, is there a way I can update the mod to the current one anyway.

I have bought a bunch of copies including Steam, Gamersgate and physical. But the one on my portable is the physical, so I cant really use the Steam option ... or what ?
Not currently no.
And it would be a big hassle to make it available to the physical copy ?

Alternatively as i have Steam, could I myself tweak it to make it run on another platform?
Yea, all the files are avail in the steam file, so you could transfer it over from there.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

In AIparams file in &&BUILDSEQUENCE section what mean the numbers 68, 131, 132, 133? Please send an explanation for numbers except of those explained in supremewiki:

+ 128 : 'mobile preference' (avoid walking or towed units)
+ 64 : 'missile preference' (prefer units with missile capacity)
+ 32 : 'engineer preference' (prefer units with engineering capabilities)
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

68 would be Missile artillery, 68 minus 64 is 4. 4 on http://www.supremewiki.com/node/47 is artillery. since 64 is missile preference and 4 Is artillery. 68 is missile artillery.
131 would be mobile anti tank, 131 minus 128 is 3. 3 on http://www.supremewiki.com/node/47 is antitank. since 128 is mobile preference and 3 is anti tank. 131 is an anti tank unit that is not towed or on foot.
132 would be mobile artillery, ......
133 would be mobile air defense. .......
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

could you explain more detailed these chapters ??

&&UNITWEIGHTING
&&MISSILEWEIGHTING,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
&&AIREQRESPONSE

the wiki is very poor in information.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

&&UNITWEIGHTING
Higher number in each field will mean a higher desire for that stat when choosing what units to build. Same for missile weight.

as for AIreq. I have already done allot of posts on the subject, do a search for it on the forums.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

georgios wrote:could you explain more detailed these chapters ??

&&UNITWEIGHTING
&&MISSILEWEIGHTING,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
&&AIREQRESPONSE

the wiki is very poor in information.
Did you find the info you where looking for?
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Ι understood well the &&BUILDSEQUENCE and the &&AIREQRESPONSE.

I have questions for the &&UNITWEIGHTING and the &&MISSILEWEIGHTING

at unitweighting how the computer selects what to build from the list of known designs? It selects the design with the highest value of the highest rated of the 30 parametres??

between the rows of heli offence and intercept defence I have these unknown rows:

// Heli - Offense
0,0.5,2,0.5,0.2,0.1,0,0.5,0.5,0.1,2,2,1,0.5,0,0,0,0.5,0.5,0,0,0,0,0,0.2,1,0.2,0,1,2
// Intercept - Defense

what are they doing?

at missile weighting what is the correct order of rows? What type of missile represent each line?
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

spotting,initiative,moverange,speed,specfeat,miscap,attsoft,atthard,attfort,attclosea,attmida,atthigha,attsurf,attsub,resvd,resvd,defgnd,deftacair,defindir,defclose,attclose,transpcap,crew,rangegnd,rangeair,rangesurf,rangesub,cost,builddays,

each one corresponds with a unit weight for each column
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

I know what represent the columns, my question was what represent these values? Priority for parametres for the AI to select the unit with the highest value in the parametre which has the highest weight?

Have these 30 parametres any relation each other? and what are their typical values? what changes are possible and what effects they will have?
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Look at the numbers that are there. and you will see what the normal values are. the parameters have a relation to the stats in the units file. As for what results you are going to get. I don't think there is a way of saying that without writing an essay. How about you run tests and share your results with us?
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Of course I will do but I need to know how the computer selects what to build from the numbers it reads.

I suppose that it puts all known design in an order of their value in the most valued parametre. But why to give values in more than one parametres instead of selecting only one, the most significant of our choice?
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Look at the numbers and the layout. Its plainly common on how it works. (when you open it up in excel).

Code: Select all

0.0,1.0,2.0,3.0,1.0,0.1,1.0,2.0,2.0,0.0,0.2,0.0,0.0,0.5,0.5,0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2,1.0,1.6,// Heli - Offense
This line means when the AI decides to build Heli offense (which is decided during the &&buildsequence). what type of helicopters will be built. With moverange having the highest value of 3. It will choose to build helicopters that have a long move range first.

How important are the other numbers when deciding to build what units? That's what your going to have to test. I suggesting making a mod where you empty the units file of all units except for buildings. Then creating 50 of your own units all the same tech level, but they all have 50 different stats. Then in the build sequence make it so it wants to build these units. and in the weighting section make it so it chooses the different stats. Then start playing. pay attention to what the AI is building. what stats those units have. and what stats it is desiring to build.
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Yes, this type of test I was planning to do before asking if it was known information. To know that it is a not yet explained field is very valuable.

I suspect that there is a total score of each unit: Σ value x weight = total score and units are ordered with decreasing order. But only the highest scored unit is built.. all the others are outdated..

I also want your opinion for a test for how military efficiency really works! When for example increase salaries what unit parametre is improved leading to a better efficiency? Attack power? defence strength? velocity? what?

And how efficiency of a product works.. For example, what happens if I complete a tech which adds +1% in efficiency of agriculture?
diman
Sergeant

Post by diman »

Hi, i play this mod probably 4 years now and grats for your amazing effort.The result is to be among the game official scenarios that released in steam.I rarely post here even if im old member. But with the new version of your amazing mod i had to post. I think though that you must also upload the new version 5.08 also here cause we have the game in physical form and i think has no meaning to purchase it again in steam.Of course maybe you have an obligation with company not to release it here yet but have in mind that we the hard core players waiting for it :-)

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”