Ruges GC Mod (5.08(11-2-13))

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

puman
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Re: Ruges GC Mod

Post by puman »

Ruges wrote:And that game gets released in 8 day now.
nice, im waiting :-)
Captiva
Sergeant

Post by Captiva »

This is just a suggestion Ruges, but how about you make the beta public?

I have been waiting a long time, and since the A.I. in CW is the same as 2020, your A.I. is the only upgrade to look forward to in the near future. So in light of that, I have been waiting and waiting and waiting....I am near the point of trying to learn modding myself, I love SR games, hate the A.I. And just sitting here thinking you have a new A.I. just sitting around, and I cant try it...... |O

So in summary..... [_]B [_]B [_]B [_]B Please!! 8O

We'll be forgiving to any mistakes :evil: ....errr I mean... :-)
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Acualy not a bad idea to bring it to open beta.
RM4.36beta
This is the link to the latest build for testing.
I forgot to put the install notes in the file, and have not created the change list yet. But to install download. and put the :
Move the "MODS" folder to your main Supreme Ruler 2020 folder
Move the "AIParams.csv" to the "INI" folder ***Warning*** back this file up before you overwrite the old one, This file will change other scenarios, not just mine. However I find my AIParams to be better the BG's, so you might as well use this one for both of them.
Move the "LocalText-TTR.csv" to your "Localize\Localen" folder Its ok the overwrite the existing one there. the stuff I added to this file will not affect any other aspect of the game then my mod.
Move the "Ruges Global Crisis V3.52.SAV" to your "CacheGC" folder
Move the "Ruges Global Crisis V3.52.Scenario" to your "CampaignGC" folder

Things to test. While most testing has been completed. What I am looking for now is long term play up to 10 years. Pay attention to wardecs and allances, and lack of wardecs and alliances. See if countries are going to war or alliances to soon, too late, or not at all. Unit designs and techs are things to look into and make sure all typo's are correct, any map errors. and the generaly economy of the world.

Also this version seems to run a bit slower then the rest. I sugest saving and restarting the game every 6 months for the first two years. then every 3 months for the next 3 years, and by year 8 I am practicaly saving and restarting every month. Allot of stuff happening, and with the world in a better economic situation it tends to get tuff.

As for game settings. I would prefer the defualt settings, with you choosing what country you want to test. Although the random event setting can be changed. I like to play and test with fog of war on. But somtimes for speed issues it can be adventagous to have it off.
Also I have a spare copy of Borderlands Game of the Year version on Steam. The tester that gives me the most feed back by 9-11-11 will recieve a free copy via steam gift from me.
Captiva
Sergeant

Post by Captiva »

Thanks!!

Installing it now.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Dont forget today is the last day to submit feed back for the beta version of the game.
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

Hey Rug,

Now that you've made Beta public, when could we expect the final release of your mod?

Thanks,
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Well now that I recieved all of the beta info. Only two real issues stood out. Going to get those fixed. run anouther quick test. which I am hoping should be able to get done this week. And have the final version ready for this weekend.

Also congrates to RPHKUSA for sending me the most feed back for beta testing. He has been sent a copy of Borderlands GOTY via steam.
CrowKing
Warrant Officer

Post by CrowKing »

why your navy unit list so empty your other list are good enough

here carriers ex..

normal 71

your 34
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

My 34 include the original 71. So my mod has 105 carriers. The reason the original carriers are not included in my mod is becouse I did not change any of there values. However you will see other original units in my mod. This is becouse those units are modified in my mod. Basicaly any unit that is in the original game is in my mod. Only units that have been added or modied are in my units file.
CrowKing
Warrant Officer

Post by CrowKing »

Ruges wrote:My 34 include the original 71. So my mod has 105 carriers. The reason the original carriers are not included in my mod is becouse I did not change any of there values. However you will see other original units in my mod. This is becouse those units are modified in my mod. Basicaly any unit that is in the original game is in my mod. Only units that have been added or modied are in my units file.
THX Ruges for your effort to made our game better

when you release your full version and could you add the full change list...
CrowKing
Warrant Officer

Post by CrowKing »

1--Ruges Pls Add the normal build times and buildings version

i love your mod so much but didn't want to play because of this (i have less free time)

2--and edit to start date to 2010 because its in game starting max tech lvl

3--optional remove the future military designs of underdeveloped regions

example turkey's tech lvl is 90 but they have leclerc tlfc design from the start. Let this choice to us maybe i want to buy leopard a5 design. not a french one or maybe i can build my own old tech designs
gamergasteiz
Warrant Officer

Post by gamergasteiz »

Hey, Ruges, thanks for your mod. Only one question. Will your mod upgrade the antimatter and dark power plants? Otherwise they're useless like power plants, and i would like better efficiency according the tech level of investigation and money spend in construction. Thanks!
Bommelino
Corporal

Post by Bommelino »

Hey Ruges first of all thx for that great mod.´
I played several games with the last version of the mod and it is real fun =)

But what I recognized with the new version is totaly awesome...

First of all you changed the alliances at the start of the game. I think that were a good changes anyways but what happened then is great.

There are several declerations of war arround the world, it looked like in the old version, but then I noticed lots of new alliances were formed by lots of countries at one day.

Even russia which declared war on china before is now allied with them. Did you script that?

There several very interesting alliances now, I am realy exicted what will happen next =)

Anyways it looks great at the moment !!! Good work so far
mr.playa
Lieutenant

Post by mr.playa »

hi rug downloading you beta right now
may i ask when are you going to release the final version ?
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Even russia which declared war on china before is now allied with them. Did you script that?
yea thats acualy a bug for this version. already corrected for the final release. Was almost tempted to leave it in, since it did add a little bit of roleplay. They where never suppposed to declare war on each other. And yes there are allot of scripted events in the game. However all of the scripted events will not be directed at a player. So while you might see china and russia ally in the game if you where playing as the US. you would not see them ally in the game if you are playing as china, unless you made the offer yourself.

As for release. You know I said I was going to release it two weeks ago. Then I was waiting for some more feedback from somone, And then I cought myself playing the game allot, And then my corp in eve is having a massive war month, and then I discovered Nuclear Dawn. So the acual release has been delayed. However the beta that I released will be prety close to the final product.

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”