Ruges GC Mod (5.08(11-2-13))

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

raptorhead
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: Ruges GC Mod

Post by raptorhead »

Okay. Thank you for the prompt response!

I did not install the mod before the game. However, I noticed that a version of this mod was installed with all the various iterations of SR2020 and subsequent updates that I applied.

I was planning on downloading the mod from the thread and installing it. I assume this is the correct course of action in order to receive the most recent version?
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

correct.
italianguard135
Lieutenant

Post by italianguard135 »

SGTscuba wrote:Actually, I had the vanilla version, and the one he talks about doesn't work for me, but below it there is another file called Ruges v3.52 which works fine. however I did notice that once I start the game, a load of the techs have no names, but still have times to complete, it just seems to be the extra techs, the extra units show up fine for me though. Will post picy's in a little bit.

Yes this is exactly what i am talking about. Under Single Player/Scenario, there is a selection called Ruges Mod or Ruges. This one works perfectly fine, exept for the fact that Tech names do not show up. The new units show up though.
shogu
Corporal

Post by shogu »

Ruges wrote:Next version will be so much better. and yea I intended to put a whole post up on the first page with some pictures and a back story, but never got around to it. I am hoping to make a cool video for the next version. Of course that will delay the release a bit longer too. But I think the next version deserves a video.
Oh no its painfull.
Amonferrari
Warrant Officer

Post by Amonferrari »

Oh C'mon!!! Waiting is so painfull!!
"x" - Amonferrari - (Most common saying in SR2020 chatrooms...)

"SR2020 Location: X:582 Y:528 , just in case you want a Nuclear revenge..."
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

Ruges, just one question: how could I change the creation times in your mod to reestablish the default ones? What file do I have to modify? By the way, this is for my personal use...I'm not modding or anything or changing your stuff. Thank you!

edit: Disregard. Change unit file and compile a new cache. Will try to do a full copy of your work (data files), put it like Ruges_1 and then carry on changing the building times. THanks!
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

Alright. Now I do need help. I was trying to speed up your mod, Ruges, but only for my personal use. I made a security copy of both original: Ruges Global Crisis.SAV and Ruges Global Crisis V3.52.SAV.

Then, I went over Ruges.UNIT (MODS\RugesMod) and changed building times for most of the facilities, using default times. I saved the work as Ruges3 in CSV MS-DOS file. Then checked for commas instead of semi colons. What else? Then, changed the extension of the file (not the name) to a UNIT file so it would be finally called Ruges3.UNIT

Step three, changed Ruges Global Crisis V3.52.Scenario to make this line read: #include "RUGES3.UNIT", "MODS\RugesMod\"

Finally, I restarted SR2020 and created the Cache. Then, moved the created cache to the proper folder (CacheCG)

Results:
--I was unable to play your mod in Campaign mode.
--I was able to succesfully start a game from the Scenario Ruges GLobal Crisis. The construction times were updated. However, I realized that when building a structure,
after a while, let us say 10 days, the remaining construction time will not pass anymore. Example: Land Fabrication. When I get to 24 days left of construction, it will stick there forever.
---This previous situation occurs for each and every other construction building I try to make.

Any help? Thank you for your time
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

save it as Ruges3.Unit.txt

One of the things I always find useful when moding is to always show extensions. But you can leave it the same everywhere else. As for it stoping getting built. How are your industrial goods? They will require you to have a sufficiet stockpile of industrial goods to continue to be built Also did you change anything else? you might have messed up somwhere and put an xtra comma in making it require somthing like Uranium instead. Whole lotta things can be happening.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

So over the next two or so weeks I will be looking for Beta Tester for V4. PM me if your interested.
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

Hey, Ruges. Sorry I've been away. So I made some experiments with the building problem (stopping at some point during the construction).

Apparently, the situation occurs for determined buildings, so far, I've detected it in Airfields and Aircrafts Fabrications. In the other hand, structures like Power - Coal and Industry - MIlitary don't suffer from the same problem. To be sure it is not a matter of Industry Goods, I cheated and bought an excess of Industry Goods inventory and checked as the days passed. Airfields and Aircraft Fabrications didn't show any evolve. However, they stuck at 84 Days Left (A/C Fabrication) and 49 Days Left (Airfield), so they had some percentage constructed.

edit: I don't think Uranium has to do with it. I used Excel to modify the UNIT file. Didn't really have to touch any other but one column: Construction Time. (column Z)

edit2: Problem solved. Just tried to go for it with other countries and everything went along pretty well. I guess it had to do with Military Goods Actual Use vs Demand.

Thanks.
Yobi_UK
Corporal

Post by Yobi_UK »

Hey Ruge, Im a bit new to the scene as I've finally learned how to play SR2020, Ive recently bought the GOLD version from Steam. It seems that your MOD was bundled with it but when I tried it wasn't working properly. So I've DL from here and want to give it a go.

I was wondering however how goes it with version 4. Any latest news? I realise SR Cold War has been released but after trying the DEMO, I'm not that keen on it. I hope that your contributions will still continue with 2020 GC.

Tah!
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Yep version 4 is in Beta mode right now. I am acualy avoiding playing CW right now becouse I want to finish this mod and play it first before I jump over to CW.
SE7EN
Sergeant

Post by SE7EN »

Hi Ruges,

So I've been playing your mod for a while, really great work with the AI military wise! A few days ago I started a new campaign and just let the game run for 8 years and so I noticed that the superpowers economies can't keep up with the expenses. Well I can't say it doesn't match certain country's economic situation(USA debt) but because it can't improve its economy after 5 years even if I set without any debt at the start the USA will have something like 6-8 trillion in debt and -5 trillion in treasure, situation which pretty much prevents the US from further developing techs and new units... And this problem seems to occur to every big country that goes to war and some that are peaceful. For example France, which didn't declare war to anyone beside the US some two months ago, or Sweden...seriously?
Here is a screenshot: http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m63 ... roblem.jpg

Please don't think I'm accusing you of doing anything wrong, I just think that because the AI is so aggressive at the start of the game, many countries deploy all their units and increase their defcon which causes the economy to spiral downwords and inevitably crash. And those countries never sent their units back to reserve once they're at peace. I'm hoping you could tweak the economy a bit before you move the SR:CW. Its annoying seeing that South Africa and Brasil reached tech level 120 while the US didn't increase one level in 8 years.

My campaign settings are: World Volatility: Low, mil/economy dif: very hard and diplomacy dif: normal.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Its simple, the US cannot support its Military and Infrastructure @ defcon 1. Even a player will have difficulties having all of its units deployed and staying at defcon 1 for 8 years. Then you add in that a failing AI economy will make the AI lower its resource production raise its taxes and lower its social programs which falters the economy even more. Causing the economy to spiral even further in debt. As for having all of its units deployed when at war during this, I dont see as a huge problem. I am a firm believer that when at war, war comes first, Becouse if you loose at war you loose everything, You loose at economy, your just eating top romen for awhile. However I also believe that If a country is at war, it needs to wrap it up. If it cant solve it in the first year threw military means and has made no progress it needs to wrap it up. (IE if a country is at war and no units have been attacked, seek peace).

I have begged BG to bring some of these codes frontside so we could mod them if they did not want to fix them. I have worked around it a little for the next mod, so there should be a small improvment. However I am almost tempted to have you send me your savefile. I am interested to see what the US thinks is important to spend 20 trillion a year on, Maybe there is a price of somthing that needs to be adjusted.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

I looked at the save you sent me. loaded it in MP so I could see what each country has thier settings at. And while they pretty much had maxed out taxes, All settings seemed decent. Well except they had infrastrucutre pretty low and familiy subsities high, which really hurts them considering the state of there economy. Nothing I can change thow. And acualy I was pretty happy with the looks on the production. I have always been worried that the AI underproduces most of the time and the US was producing the way it should be. However looking close at it you will notice that the US's production costs where 25-50 percent above world production costs. Meaning they cant export anything at a profit (well oil was still cheaper for them to produce, but they needed all they had). So I guess looking close at it, the world aint fair, and it shows the US, and other major military powers cannot continue to live such a decidant life and continue to have a major military force?

For version 4 I have made some changes for the worlds economy. One of the bigger things was helping out the UN's economy. So they should be able to better assist these nations that fall so far into debt. Will need to see how that plays out. Although none of my testers have made it to 10 years yet. Been shooting for 5 years right now.

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”