Ruges GC Mod (5.08(11-2-13))

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

raybaudi
Captain

Re: Ruges GC Mod

Post by raybaudi »

Hey, Ruges.

Sorry to bother you, man, I know you must be really busy. Just wanted to know how your Mod's update for SR 8 was doing so far... I'm eagerly waiting for it.

Any release date ? Thanks, bro. Really not trying to rush you or anything. It's just that your material rocks, man!

See ya
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Its going good. no ETA. Basicaly whats taking so long now is I have to run the game for extended periods of time to see if it is all working right as intended. I like to run the game about 5 game years. (I usualy just leave it running in the background. then about once a game month I will hop in and see all the things that have happened). Then I note things that are happening, and things I want to happen, issues that happen. Make a list of it all, and then check it off the list. Then I create a new cache and start running the game again. So far I have created 33 caches for Version 4 of the mod. Its a slow process. However I will confess I have not been working on this 24/7. Just a couple hours every other night and on the weekends here and there. Well when I am not playing any other games atleast. But I am really liking the way this version is turning out. Allot of cool stuff, and I like the way it is playing out. I posted this pic in anouther post the other day.

As you can see this is Cuba. Both Japan and Canada have made an amphibious assualt with the US providing off shore navl bombardment.
raybaudi
Captain

Post by raybaudi »

Rug, that's awesome. When I first looked at the image I said: "Cool, Canadians are taking part of the action". That was till you remarked the Japanese landing which made me say: "that's sick".. Lol. Thanks for the good work, man. We will be waiting here in the background until it is ready!

Catch you later
Angelo
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Post by Angelo »

Japan. That is amazing you really should be on bg's payroll. This is the kind of stuff that always annoyed me in the game when some nation would'nt act on a war because it is far away... looks great.
Also I still don't get where your avatar is from. What is the source for that.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

This is the kind of stuff that always annoyed me in the game when some nation would'nt act on a war because it is far away
To be fair to BG. Its not so much somthing I did to have nations act on far wars then what BG has done. In a non moded game the AI Japan could have sent units to Cuba. Infact there is a post around here somwhere, with you seeing AI's making all kinds of amphib assualts at weird locations.

So if this is normal for the AI to make these assualts why did I post the picture. Its not so much as the AI making these assualts, its the AI working togeather with other AI. I have spent allot of time on relations. This game is acualy going to play out a bit more like a scenario then before (granted the player still has full control/choice over his/her (ok maybe just his) own destiny). Basicaly what I have done is make it so so some countries like to work togeather to attack other same countries. The enemy of my enemy is my friend type situation. No longer should you see country A and B attacking country C, Then country A and B attacking each other becouse they are pissed that they are at war. Instead you should see country A attacking C and country B attacking C. and Country A and B saying hey lets kill C togeather.

Avatar is from EVE online. a spaceship MMO.
shogu
Corporal

Post by shogu »

You location should be :

Afk cloaked in enemy system :evil:

To the point , cant wait for new version of the mod.
Angelo
Warrant Officer

Post by Angelo »

Ruges wrote:
This is the kind of stuff that always annoyed me in the game when some nation would'nt act on a war because it is far away
To be fair to BG. Its not so much somthing I did to have nations act on far wars then what BG has done. In a non moded game the AI Japan could have sent units to Cuba. Infact there is a post around here somwhere, with you seeing AI's making all kinds of amphib assualts at weird locations.

So if this is normal for the AI to make these assualts why did I post the picture. Its not so much as the AI making these assualts, its the AI working togeather with other AI. I have spent allot of time on relations. This game is acualy going to play out a bit more like a scenario then before (granted the player still has full control/choice over his/her (ok maybe just his) own destiny). Basicaly what I have done is make it so so some countries like to work togeather to attack other same countries. The enemy of my enemy is my friend type situation. No longer should you see country A and B attacking country C, Then country A and B attacking each other becouse they are pissed that they are at war. Instead you should see country A attacking C and country B attacking C. and Country A and B saying hey lets kill C togeather.

Avatar is from EVE online. a spaceship MMO.
That sounds great but to expand on what I wrote earlier the problem was mostly that:
A) When Country A dows Country B they would send 1000's of units on transport ships to Country B and the transports would stop mid ocean and lay there forever.
B)In other case country A attacks Country B and just sends a couple units to die or just stand there w/o supply, again forever.

BG has made it way better but the problems occur when a country that is attacking is far away, I have seen Cuba taken by US and similar close amphibious assaults work but for example Japan-UK I have never seen acted on.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Angelo wrote: A) .......
B)......
A and B still happen. Infact in that game the US was sending a large amphib assualt to Europe. They ran out of fuel 6 or so hexes from the Mederteranian. And in the above pic if you look at canada, that is acualy a failed assualt.

Now hopefully you will see less of this happening in the mod thow. Even the above situation has been hopefully corrected. All by making friends. IE the US and Portugual. Now when the US sends its transports to Europe, it should send them via portuguals coastal waters to keep them in supply and thus should be able to make the assualt on Europe.

Afk cloaked in enemy system
Yea I know it should say stargate instead of warpgate. But I like to make people think about it.

I had a scare this morning. I woke up and the game was not running. just my web pages that I had open. I thought I had a CTD. which would have been a first for me in a very long time. infact I cannot remmeber my last CTD (did I even have one?) and was thinking ahh man musta ran out of memory from the 1,500 random events I have put in. but then I checked the logs, stupid windows just doing an auto update that I told it not todo.
stephen
Lt. Colonel

Post by stephen »

A week ago I insalled this mod and was the first time to see a US and Japanese amphibious assaults against me (I was playing as North Korea). Good work
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"

~Heinz Guderian~
kkania
Lieutenant

Post by kkania »

Ruges,

You do amazing work. For me, your mod is what makes the game. Well, that, and BG's excellent devotion to making it the fantastic geopolitical and military simulation it is. I can only hope you'll eventually make the transition to Cold War and have all the support you need from the dev team. You rock, sir!

/salute
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

kkania wrote:I can only hope you'll eventually make the transition to Cold War and have all the support you need from the dev team. You rock, sir!
I am hoping I dont have to mod Cold War. I am hoping BG gets it right and makes the game I want to play, So I wont need to mod it. The only reason I started moding 2020 was becouse it was missiong units. There was really no late game carrier designs, no late game carrier based planes, not a very good selection of late game missles. And from there the mod spiraled into what it is today.
jdevidts
Private

Post by jdevidts »

Hello... was wondering if you could use the ruges mod tech tree and units in regular game. If so what would you have to do? Thanks in advance for your reply
luraz
Warrant Officer

Post by luraz »

Im still waiting for your mod mate :wink: . I will download patch 8 after your mods complete, but take your time :D
shogu
Corporal

Post by shogu »

Yeah cant wait for new version also :wink:
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Me too, I cant wait to release it. Well acualy I can wait, muhaha. Although I really wish I released it last month. Hopefully I go threw the last few builds this weekend.

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”