Ruges GC Mod (5.08(11-2-13))

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Tnarg37
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: Ruges GC Mod

Post by Tnarg37 »

Great mod! So many new ideas and approaches.

I have not noticed any arsenal ships. There are a couple of frigates that have a pretty large missile capacity. Are those it?

I like what you are doing with some of these specialty units like the engineers and scouts. Curious to know if there would be any way to mod in something like a Headquarters Unit that would improve efficiency, or experience, or offense, or defense, or speed, supply use, or close combat, or anything to all units within a certain radius. Something like a 1 hex radius around s brigade HQ unit, 3 hex radius around a division HQ unit, 10 hex radius around a corps HQ unit, 20 hex radius around an army HQ unit. Make them really expensive and worth protecting. If this is possible, could effects overlap?

If this not doable I could settle for a really expensive supply unit that has a large spotting range and huge supply capacity.

Thanks for all of your work on this mod, can't wait for the next version.
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

In playing the 3.38 version of your mod I am seeing some of the best fighting, to date, from the AI. South Korea, for instance, after defeating N.Korea is going after Russia with a vengence and its push against Ussuriysk and Artem is amazing! Instead of sending the usual 2-5 units to be slaughtered, S.Korea has saturated the area with tanks, mech inf, recon, arty, MLRS, supply veh's, and behind that wall of combat units along the east road along the coast to the DMZ is a line of units heading north to join in on the fray. The unit mixture sent forward is a combination of new and old units in "7-stack" formations (if you will). I never seen this level of combat from the vanilla AI and instead of deadlocked, senseless combat/non-combat moves I am seeing region after region falling to the better equipped region. Russia's attack into Scandanavia and other regions is just as awesome even though its forces are spread throughout its region fighting 10x the enemies as S.Korea.

Of note, and interest to me, is that China and Russia are basically fighting against the same number of enemy regions; however, they have not DoW against one another! I think that this in and of itself is awesome as both AI's may "see" the smaller regions as easier conquests. On the same token, China and S.Korea have not DoW against one another and that is surprising - yet, I would think that a smart decision on both accounts.

I cannot thank you enough for this outstanding mod! kudo's to you Ruges...
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

Is it possible to have the AI to use its air transport assets to move troops? It would be awesome to see the AI conduct and airborne mission; however, it would be a truly large step forward if the AI could successfully redeploy forces via air transports to forward airfields.

Thank you for the unimaginable amount of time that you have given to this community...

Tony
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

Your download link isn't working
Vuk-Wolf
Colonel

Post by Vuk-Wolf »

It is on page 24...It works i tried.
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.
tonystowe
Colonel

Post by tonystowe »

Playing SR2020-GC with Ruges 3.38
Playing as the USA

I have tried to move my SSBN-726 subs from US waters towards South America and Europe and have noticed that they will either remain at the base in which they were pulled out of reserve or "magically" appear at another location but still in US waters. After giving them a move order they will sometimes refuse the order all together. The subs will launch missiles but will not move.

I have not done anything to warrant the military to refuse orders.

Has anyone else experienced this?
rhjyyz
Major

Post by rhjyyz »

Downloaded the mod. The AI is more aggresive. Good mod to the game.

Unsure about 50 missles per missle fab though. Although it make sense, however it does gimp countries that don't have or can't make any missle fabs. For those that can it is more challenging to say the least. Jury still out on that.

The fact that the Ai sends out more units and brings out arty makes for a good inital challenge however you can wait them out/shell them into oblivion so that taking the capital becomes easier than usual because of all the units that were killed/maimed in battle. (They usually fall now after taking 1st large city or capital immediately)

Oh, and in one game Russia is a total monster, basically wiping out whole countries within days, however another game they and the koreas are totally peaceful. Weird.

Overall, nice job!
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

tonystowe wrote:
I have tried to move my SSBN-726 subs from US waters towards South America and Europe and have noticed that they will either remain at the base in which they were pulled out of reserve or "magically" appear at another location but still in US waters. After giving them a move order they will sometimes refuse the order all together. The subs will launch missiles but will not move.
I have not seen an issue like this before, anyone else having any issues like this? Somone else want to see if they can reproduce or see if they work for them?
however it does gimp countries that don't have or can't make any missle fabs
Probly allot like in RL.
The fact that the Ai sends out more units and brings out arty makes for a good inital challenge however you can wait them out/shell them into oblivion so that taking the capital becomes easier than usual because of all the units that were killed/maimed in battle
And I kinda see thats the way it should be working. A country should use its forces to win or loose. Not hold them back while one city after anouther is slowly conqured. And they still hold plenty back, exspecialy AA so just droping troops into cities and capturing them is still somwhat a challange depending on the situation. With the changes I have made to the AA capabilites of ground units (IE lowered all but AA), I have toyed around with the idea of bumping all AA air attack up 25 percent. what do you guys think of that? One other thing I would like todo but it is not possible threw moding is have the AI decide if it should be in defensive mode or offensive mode. And then use its forces for either offense or defense acordanly.
Is it possible to have the AI to use its air transport assets to move troops? It would be awesome to see the AI conduct and airborne mission; however, it would be a truly large step forward if the AI could successfully redeploy forces via air transports to forward airfields.
I would like to seem them do this too. But I dont think it is possible right now. Although there are a few things I could test and see if it works.
I have not noticed any arsenal ships. There are a couple of frigates that have a pretty large missile capacity. Are those it?
The ones I added are higher tec. I want to say starting at TL 115, but could be as high as 130. I would have to look at the file to be sure. And even then each country is only going to get around 4 or 8 of these missle cruisers.
One question... Normally Ive always micro managed my wars/forces. If I were to play with AI control for the forces can I expect it to do the same as AI russia just did, or is this some sort of script?
You have probly already tested this, but Yea the AI should respond to hotspots a bit more then they used to. And if the minister has full control of the units they should react just like you see the AI use them.

As for a newer update, I have done a bit of work here and there. I still have some more stuff I want todo before I send the next version out for testing. I am home right now which means I like to play my FPS's since I have a really good internet connection. So will only be working on the mod when I get board of those. but should be back out on the road in a few days.
tonystowe
Colonel

Ruges GC Mod 3.38 Test run

Post by tonystowe »

After one year of playing very aggressively as the US I have the following to report:

I am playing as the US, SR2020-GC, v6.6.2, Ruges Mod 3.38
Military Difficulty: Very Hard; Complete Victory; Units from Conquered regions are deleted.

As the US, I have conquered all of Central America, the Caribbean regions to include Cuba, Columbia, Brazil and am currently at war with France.
I have utilized my SSBN’s, quite successfully, to destroy 90% of French barracks and key bridges between France’s western/northern beaches and the eastern/southern barracks which I chose not to destroy. I sent SSN’s to blockade the French seaports along the Pacific and English Channel in addition to deploying 12x strategic bombers to the UK to launch missiles against French ground troops and surface ships prior to the arrival of my submarines. For all of my military exploits I have only lost 54 units and killed 938 as I have used only SOF, naval, and air forces to quickly seize the capitols and control the battlefield. VTOL and transport aircraft are the backbone of my strategy and thus far has been successful. I mobilized SP arty, MLRS, and approximately 25x M2A4 so shore up my front line in Columbia while attend to France.
My list of allies is rather short with Canada, U.K., Israel, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, and the Philippines. My military exploits has already given Israel cause to warn me about further hostile actions.

South America:
Venezuela is at war with Guyana with the former winning
Peru, Bolivia, and Argentina are at war with Chile with:
Chile winning against Argentina;
Chile slightly losing against Bolivia;
No loss/win with Peru

Africa:
South Africa has consumed: Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, and is currently halfway through Tanzania while at war with many other regions
Angola has consumed: Zambia, Dem Republic of Congo, and is fighting Central Africa, Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi while at war with many other regions.
Congo is at war with Central Africa
Senegal has consumed portions of Guinea-Bissau, Guinea
Cote d’Ivoire has consumed portions of Liberia, Guinea, Ghana, and Togo
Nigeria has consumed Benin and a portion of Togo
Ethiopia has consumed Somalia, a portion of and still fighting Sudan
Sudan is losing territory to Eritrea, Ethiopia, and Egypt
Libya is losing territory to Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, and Chad
Niger is losing territory to Chad, Algeria, and small portion to Nigeria
Mali is losing territory to Algeria but took a portion of Guinea
Mauritania is winning against Western Sahara
Algeria is winning against Morocco

Middle East:
Israel consumed Lebanon, Syria, and has taken 1/3 of Saudi Arabia in addition to controlling the Sinai Peninsula in its fight against Egypt.
Iran has lost a large portion of territory to Kuwait, Iraq, Turkey, and Turkmenistan while having taken some territory from Armenia (who consumed Azerbaijan)
Turkey consumed Greece but is losing against Russia

Asia:
Russia has consumed Mongolia, Georgia, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia (the previous three has since been taken by Germany). Russia is losing territory to South Korea, and is losing ground against Germany.
China has consumed Laos, and is winning against Vietnam and Malaysia as they fight over Thailand owned by Malaysia; however, it is losing ground in the west to India and Kazakhstan and in the east to South Korea.
South Korea consumed North Korea and is gracefully taking territory from both China and Russia.

Europe:
Germany has consumed Lithuania, Latvia and a portion of Belarus (from Russia), and a portion of Poland
Bulgaria has consumed Macedonia and Serbia
Bosnia Herzegovina has consumed Croatia

In other news...

1. My SSN's along the French coast were countered by French ASW helo's; although the aircraft never flew over water hexes in order to kill my sub they would station themselves at the shoreline and if my subs got too close they were attacked by the ASW aircraft.

2. I noticed that France has BUILT new aircraft fabrication facilities; however, it has not see an urgency to rebuild the numerous barracks that I destroyed.

3. French Fighter acft responded quickly to any of my aircraft that passed into its airspace in addition to launching UAV's and other AWAC aircraft for surveillance. I was hoping that France would launch maritime patrol aircraft but it never did.

4. In my South America campaign, I was not ready to take Brazil or get into a lengthy fight with them so I used missile strikes to destroy several of its barracks, in relationship to Argentina. Once the barracks were destroyed, I noticed that Argentina went on the offensive and Brazil began to lose alot of territory.

5. Although the UK is not at war with anyone, it still has several naval transports filled with units at a ready-one status (or so I tell myself).

6. While Taiwan and Japan possess the ability to conduct successful amphib operations against either China or Russia - I have yet to see either take that step.

Overall, I am enjoying your MOD and look forward to the next update. btw Ruges, why are you not on BG's payroll?? :)

Tony
Last edited by tonystowe on Apr 09 2010, edited 1 time in total.
tonystowe
Colonel

Ruges GC Mod - Missile RUM-125 Sea Lance

Post by tonystowe »

Ruges,

The Surface ship launched missile RUM-125 Sea Lance will not build and I cannot find a reason why...
Ruges
General

Re: Ruges GC Mod - Missile RUM-125 Sea Lance

Post by Ruges »

tonystowe wrote:Ruges,

The Surface ship launched missile RUM-125 Sea Lance will not build and I cannot find a reason why...
Uranium.
tonystowe
Colonel

Re: Ruges GC Mod - Missile RUM-125 Sea Lance

Post by tonystowe »

Ruges wrote:Uranium.
I should have caught that... my Uranium demand is far greater than my production. Thanks
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Yea I have noticed in my mod, Uranium is rather scares. I should probly bump up the production value of it. Of course then it would off set the the comparison between realworld statistics. I suppose Idealy the correct thing would be to increase production of the mines, then lower the number of mines in each region so they would be producing the same they have now, but then they would have the ability to build more mines in those locations.
Bommelino
Corporal

Post by Bommelino »

Hey First of all I wanna thank you for that really Great Mod =)

Report after a few hours just watching and waiting what happens next.
Allies
Russia is allied with Belarus.
USA is allied with UK, Israel and Canada.
Germany is allied with France, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands and a few other European countries.
Brazil is allied with France.
Japan is allied with Australia and New Zealand.
There might be more alliances but I didn't check all the countries and at the moment I just write down, what I remember.

World Situation:
Almost with the start of the game russia is at war with Finnland, Lithuania, Estonia,Turkey.....
We all know how fast this countries get eaten by that nasty russian monster ;)
Ok one interessting thing is that Ukraine wasn't attacked by russia. I started another game, same situation... Don't know if you gave them better relationships.
Poland got defeated by Belarus and Russia.

Germany enters the war but the european allys don't follow... Germany is as I said allied with most of the european countries. It would be really interessting to see a war Europe, S.K. maybe Japan on the one hand and China Russia the the other hand but I think you try that ;).
So far the european situation,

SK attacks North Korea and AI is makeing a very good Job.

India is at war with Pakistan and China, and the rest of the world is quite peaceful.

Some things I recognized, I was interested how many CS russia has against China and I opend as russia(switched the save game to multiplayer) ok there is a 100% CS against China and China has a 100% CS against russia.... Hmm and both where not allied. That is at least a problem. I tried what happens if russia declares war on another country, then russia is attacked by almost every country in asia, but and that suprised me not by the european allies of Germany........

There is another thing I recognized, concirning the AI is that it is not always that aggressive, for example China does not destroy SK even there are enough units to do so.

I was interested what will happen if you force the european countries to go to war. ok after a few tries wit saddamme there was enough CB for a fight France vs Spain and they started war, ok they declared war but there was not one unit attacking ...From both countries not one unit, I looked for the reason and I have an idea where the problem maybe is hidden. both countries have several other wars and they both try to do amphibic operations, but I don't know why nothing really happens jsut a few ships full of troops and they are waiting. Ok but the harbour where the troops got loaded is full of other troops just driving from the inner city hex to the other hexes arround and back.... At that hex are not all units of the country but it looks like the other countries are all asleep.

That is the situation in both countries France and Spain... And the Border is really long enough ;)

Greetz
and thanks alot for that Mod :D

I recognized, that there are several possibillities to research but they have no name I don't know if this is because I have the German version of hte game or if you just dont want to thinkabout new names ;)

How Ever I love the AI, even if it is asleep sometimes ;)
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Bommelino wrote:
I recognized, that there are several possibillities to research but they have no name I don't know if this is because I have the German version of hte game or if you just dont want to thinkabout new names
Move the "LocalText-TTR" and "LOACALTEXT" to the \Localize\Localen
The localen folder is for the english version. if you moved them to the localde I believe that would be the german version of the game. however I would sugest you back up the files first. This will also convert some of the german text into english but you will be able to see all of the tech names then. If somone wants to translate a bunch of text for me I could create the proper language files for each language.

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”