SR2045 Future Techs Mod

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

chusof
Corporal

Re: SR2045 Future Techs Mod

Post by chusof »

I recommend techs that improve farm and water production, like irrigation with sea desalinizided water (as it´s been done in Negeb by Israel in reality). Fish farming would be great too. I miss some techs concerning society, raising production and efficiency and reducing coal and oil consume.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Sorry about the long absence guys. This mod isn't dead but without some help, I can't continue. I need someone to do 3d models and someone to assist me with the tech files. I am a school teacher so my day is pretty swamped. Contact me on msn messenger Xbwalker@hotmail.com
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

i know i'm cheating, but at some point these techs will be researched naturally anyway which will no doubt cause the same problem,
As long as you are cheating, there is no way I will know if it is the cause of your cheating or not.

Also, this is not NEARLY a stable release. This release is for those wanting to help develop the mod. One problem may be that there are military techs which are supposed ot lead to units and there are no units there because I have not begun work on units (I need a unit coder and someone for 3d models).
gladius
Corporal

Post by gladius »

How do you think a Matter-Antimatter-Powerstation would look like? I thought about this and I had no real idea. Maybe something with a particle accelerator underneath?
As for the 3d models maybe I can help out a bit. The meshes are pretty simple although I´m not very good at creating textures. But if you still need someone to model something just write whats in your mind.

Oh btw, hello everybody, I´m the new one. :D
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

GC has meshes for the matter power stations.
gladius
Corporal

Post by gladius »

Hmm, do you really need someone to model or do you need someone to adjust the textures?

Look at the picture. Maybe its something you can use. If you have a better idea for a symbol just tell me, I´ll adjust it.

EDIT: I made an attemp to make something that looks like a shield. But I dont know what format the animations should be.
With a bit more tuning the shield may even look better.

http://bluehost.to/file/hUfBlg3op/anishield.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gladius on Mar 28 2009, edited 1 time in total.
fool
General

Post by fool »

I made about 50 techs for the early levels for myself, feel free to use any of them u like.
I made some small attempt at historical accuracy (yes, they did have robots in the 70s), but chances are some or alot of them are either used already by u or the game, somewhere.
and im even newer than gladius. ha.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"All warfare is based on deception...
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
gladius
Corporal

Post by gladius »

Someone wanted an underwatermine. I made one for methane and ore. There are still some problems with the mesh exporter.
The scale is wrong and the UV-Coords are messed up, but I´ll look into this and maybe fix it.

The texture is working though. What do you think about this?

http://bluehost.to/file/tTkH7RKfQ/under ... ethane.rar
gladius
Corporal

Post by gladius »

Is it possible to make a tech, that´s improving the relations to other countries or the UN?
If so maybe you could implement a wildlife preservation tech. If you do so, the production of Timber, Oil and Agricultur is reduced by 2 to 5 % but in return the Relations to the G20 and the UN is improved by some percent. Or maybe the money for the membership in the UN is reduced.
fool
General

Post by fool »

you can make techs to improve relations with 'world' or 'population' - population increases DA i think but the world might improve UN approval or all country relations.
I don't think you can reduce UN membership payments with a tech.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
gladius
Corporal

Post by gladius »

Too bad...
Btw what do you think of what I produced? Is it to bad to look at, is it ok or something completely different?

Edit:
I changed the symbol for the antimatter-plant. The other one was just to small and temporary anyways. I realized that it´s no matter what symbol I choose, because there is no official symbol that can be recognised. I hope it´s ok.

I just changed the texture of the nuclear power plant. Those who want to try it can just replace the PNTxt.dds. Backup first.
I don´t know how to create and program a new unit, someone else has to do this.

I think it´s impossible to create units with shields. That is because the gamengine doesn´t seem to support HLSL. Without shaders the only way to make a shield look good is with UV-Textures but that doesn´t support partial transparency so the shield would be solid or not visible.

http://bluehost.to/file/w6f87EFN1/antimatter.rar

Edit: I´ve finished another unit. This time a hover design. Its a bit rough but I think its enough for this game.
fool
General

Post by fool »

Also a point for this:

Reducing population demand for things for new techs is not a good idea. Or only if it is a recycling tech or something that provides another benefit. That was just from looking at the start of this thread. Sorry to be critical, but increasing demand benefits the player. If we really did make 'synthetic timber', people would probably use more of it because it wouldn't be harming the rainforests and the cuddly leeches. Also, antimatter power is not the 'power of the stars' - that is nuclear fusion.
I've done about 80 techs now - half of which i didn't do the localtext file for. I don't think I will post any more atm because I didn't/couldn't put much thought into the latest ones - they are more like techs called 'research me for some kind of bonus'.
You might consider expanding on the nueral implants theme of techs. Also maybe applied science for the nanotechs ingame? Using superconductors in the power grid for a electrical efficiency bonus? Or what about research into the human brain and mass psychology. Could give some kind of bonus to some of the social ratings.

Also there are a few things I am not sure of the effect of:

Vehicle Fuel Consumption - is this your military fuel consumption?

SynthFuel Plant Production - Is this just for the synthetic fuel plant or all alternative petroleum facilities?

Efficiency of [commodity] - How much it costs to make? How much is used?

Finished Goods Costs - Is this really something that decreases ALL production costs?

Finished Goods Facilities Efficiency - What?

Also, how do tech increases work exactly? I mean, if I research 2 techs that give a 10% bonus to enironment, will the end result be 120% of what it was before? Or 121%? Does it simply add 1/10 on, or times the whole thing by 11/10?

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
TheBulgarian
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Post by TheBulgarian »

Page not found

The page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:
If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

- Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.
- Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found

Look at the links you posted |O |O !!! !!! !!!
Macedonia
Is
Bulgaria
!!!
Humans evolved from apes,only the Macedonians evolved from the Bulgarians!!!
BULGARIA
UPON
ALL
New Mod Suggestion!SIGN UP
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Well they are probly not found becouse they are old. This was before GC even came out. And allot of the techs they added made there way into GC.
RHKINC
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Post by RHKINC »

I know I'm just a noob here (love the game though) but I was thinking perhaps you could include modern day things for flavor. For example libraries and museums for a bonus of consumer goods (or if possible a slight bonus in approval rating, but that would easily be exploitable). Also what about the tech network for Ethanol? The research, the bio-refineries, the pipelines, gas stations, and the cars themselves? Maybe go with the individual alternative energies rather than the all in one combo facility.

Plus you could look at the leading engineering of today for major techs. For example foil ships could have prereqs of the foil, new engine, and based on the real life experiment: "mission boxes" where all of the materials needed for a certain mission can be loaded in a standard cargo box that can neatly be placed in the vessel's design.

For fun you could also include the product lines for Apple vs Microsoft products, Pepsi vs Coke...take these rivalries to the future (but please don't go the Red Sox vs Yankees...that could get ugly).

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”