SR2045 Future Techs Mod

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Re: SR2045 Future Techs Mod

Post by Xbwalker »

And just so you know, I havent worked on the mod this week as I have reformatted my computer and been playing EVE Online :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

just curious, what is the difference between Maglev and the Electromagnetic trains we already had in the list?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

There is none. it is just an earlier technology which will tie into it to help folks in the 90s since there is next to nothing in that range. Whenever people play 90s nations it is very hard to advance so we were going to put a few filler techs in.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Added some more techs and descriptions to this point. If anyone has skills in adding units, please volenteer. It is a daunting task as there is so much data to be considered. I will give you general ideas for units and unit trees.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Xbwalker wrote:...It is a daunting task as there is so much data to be considered...
You shoulda tried making the original stuff! ;)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Haha well it wouldnt be so bad with a paycheck :) Im doing this for free.
Pwned9080
Colonel

Post by Pwned9080 »

I just reformatted... twice... I don't see you on very much lately(xFire) We need to get together and brainstorm some more. :-p Not sure if you've edited it since that last upload, but I'm DLing it then I'll update the localtext for all the techs you've added.

Edit:
Nevermind looks like you have the local-text caught up.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Hey pwned. I dropped Xfire pretty much. I have reduced my gaming by about 90% and only play at night for a few hours. I'm taking a break from gaming so I can get personal stuff organized. Anyways, while I am at work, I am able to use my laptop and thus add more techs so expect to see many more techs soon.
Acodian
Warrant Officer

Post by Acodian »

yeah, communication, especially from my side have been dull lately, sorry about that, spending most evenings at the university and they have blocked xfire for some reason, anyway, what about an alternative communication form, msn, private mail forum, what ever..have done some additional research as well

laters =)
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
-Plato
Acodian
Warrant Officer

Post by Acodian »

just an add to the dude with the critical comment to my Ak-47 post
bow and arrow is a 45.000BC tech and still does damage, and i don't believe that the solider will ever been removed from the battlefield, not in foreseeable future anyway. its just to versatile >.<

look at my signature and you will see that this knowledge have been there for a while =)
-Plato
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

you guys can contact me on msn messanger. I am on that when online usually. Xbwalker@hotmail.com
a12356
Lieutenant

Post by a12356 »

Please add some metal storm infantry,and ''wcv''(wireless controlled vehicle).
Gream Reper
Sergeant

Post by Gream Reper »

Hail,gays but what about "space to earth weapons" like "giant rail gun"satellites in outer space for surface bombardment or target destruction [_]B Like orbital artillery satellites,ion cannon.
Acodian
Warrant Officer

Post by Acodian »

Space to Earth weaponry is a plausible military dimension although not implementable in my opinion. The reason for this is the basic action-reaction equation, if one nation arms satellites it would, A) break the demilitarization of inner and outer space treaty (actually a none-weapon treaty, since military equipment is already in place). and it would B) see the development of earth to space weaponry, adding a whole new facility in the game, a load of work, and arguably remove air superiority as the primary aspect of modern warfare.
(and yes, i do know that this technology already exists in the arsenal of USA, Russia and China)
-Plato
Registered55
Sergeant

Post by Registered55 »

i found a problem with latest mod,

i used trainer to allow me to gain instant build of research, use it all the time for stock game, and research every tech there is with no problem,

but when i get to about 80% of all tech for your mod, it screws the game up, GDP goes to 1,000,000,000,000,000,
so does all values in finance windows, and social spending, and ( i just checked)

pretty much all possible values that can be seen all goes to the number i put above,

i assume that some of the figures for the techs are cumulative and at some point the figures combined causes a % in one area that the game considers illegal, and it throws out the entire variable system in the game,

i know i'm cheating, but at some point these techs will be researched naturally anyway which will no doubt cause the same problem,

not sure what tech caused it, but i have a feeling it's a cumulative problem, I.E.

-10 (illegal, as this is now -110%)

surprisingly though the game has not crashed which i'm quite shocked about,
although is now unplayable,

what i did was just stayed in the tech screen watching each tech get researched per day, everything was fine, no problems at all, i was about 80% through all the techs, when i decided to check on the finance screen, then all figures when up the wall, in every single screen,

my upload is not working at the moment, lost all upload speed, only download working, so i can't supply save game,

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”