SR2045 Future Techs Mod

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

SR2045 Future Techs Mod

Post by Xbwalker »

Ok looks like I will be putting my mod making time all into this mod. Currently, I am adding techs to the DEFAULT.TTRX file. Once I complete that, I will move on to adding units and facilities for the techs that require these things.

Q: What Does this Mod Do?
A: The Future Techs mod or "FT" is a mod which basically adds about 20 more years of techs onto the current tech system. This does NOT change current techs and their completion bonuses/times. This resumes the timeline from where the original research ends (although I will add a bit more to fill in the somewhat empty 125-135 tech levels).

Q: How do I install it?
A: First of all, you need to back up your original files. I will place instructions for each file once they are ready for public release as a mod. For now, it is in development and should only be downloaded by the mod team so as not to mess up your game.

Q: How can I help?
A: Contact me in this topic or PM me to volunteer. The modded files will always be public and editable by anyone.

--------------------------------------------------------
I will add more Q and A as it comes. Now, down to business. I need the following.
1. An editor for the /Maps/Data/default.ttrx (I haven't looked into modding this yet)
2. Someone to either reverse engineer current 3D objects like the Fusion Power Plants, Timber Mills, Most facilities, and SOME units (maybe more later on) OR someone ambitious enough to make whole new ones. The second is better of course but the first is easier.
3. Ideas - you forum trolls out there are welcome to help out by adding any ideas. PLEASE stick to non unit ideas at first. We will add units soon but we need to keep this thing aimed at one goal at a time. Keep the criticism constructive and non flammable.
4. More jobs to come as we need them. I will accept multiple people for file editing but you need to PM the files to me for review and list the techs you have added in the PM so I can credit them to you.
------------------------------------------------------------
Last but not least not ALL techs will be accepted. Things like "supernukes" or "orbital bombardment" are beyond sense. Try not to be offended if a tech you reccomend is not chosen. We want to be as close to reality as possible. Remember that we are going for a plausable future here.

Thats it! Sign on up.

I have only added Anti Matter Tech to the tree so far but I will update it as we go of course. I added in categories at the top for you guys as well to help out. File is edited with MSOffice 2007 - Comma deliminated.

File is located HERE>>>>http://www.allianceofgamers.org/SR2020/ - Updated Oct 12, 2008
Last edited by Xbwalker on Oct 12 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Re: SR2045 Future Techs Mod

Post by Xbwalker »

BLEGH. I cant upload any type of file. not even .txt. Icky poo. Ill just host it then I suppose.
Pwned9080
Colonel

Post by Pwned9080 »

Zip it up then you can upload it, I use winrar.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Updated original post. You can right click the link on the page and choose "save as"
Pwned9080
Colonel

Post by Pwned9080 »

I added some effects to your techs,
*Anti matter power
- Increases research effeciency by 5%
- Increases power(Nuclear) by 25%
*Anti Matter test labs
- Increases research effeciency by 5%
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Lets remove that research efficiency bonus. I like the power generation bonus but let'd tone it down to 15% as the tech unlocks a new power plant design all together which is a bonus in and of its self.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Added Synthetic Timber, Synthetic Timber Mills, and Virtual Internet.

Which file is the one containing tech descriptions? I need someone to volunteer to be the editor for that.

Here are the descriptions thus far. These can be debated on but lets not go off on a tangent.

Anti Matter Test Lab - Breakthroughs are being reached on Anti-Matter Power. It is still in the early stages of development however.
Anti Matter Applications - As Anti-Matter technology is refined, there are beginning to be breakthroughs in its applications in more than just power generation.
Anti Matter Power Plants - The power of the stars is harnessed providing utterly clean and efficient energy.

Synthetic Timber - With a much more environment conscious world, new building materials are emerging from recycled plastics and petrol products.
Synthetic Timber Mills - Synthetic Timber is now well enough understood to become an industry and slowly replace conventional timber mills.

Virtual Internet - The internet has gone to 3D. Using a special headset, people can now browse their favorite sites in the same way one would browse a mall.

For those interested, here are the tech effects Thus far.

Anti Matter Test Lab - Power Nuclear Production +5%
Anti Matter Applications - Power Nuclear Production +10%
Anti Matter Power Plants - Power Nuclear Production +10%, Unlocks Anti-Matter Power Plant Facility

Synthetic Timber - Facilities Construction Material Use -20%, Population Timber Use -10%
Synthetic Timber Mills - Population Timber Use -5%, Unlocks Synthetic Timber Mill

Virtual Internet - Population Power Use +5%, Education Rating +10%

There ya go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Xbwalker on Oct 15 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

pwned and I got together for some major brainstorming last night and have made a ton of progress adding over 30 new techs. We haven't even begun to implement military techs but this is looking to possibly extend the game to tech level 200 (there will be higher completion bonuses so you wont die on tech level research)
Acodian
Warrant Officer

Post by Acodian »

ill help with over-all research and developments if you like mate.
Nice to hear you say you want it realistic, ill give you a draft on plausible development of worldwide military units and doctrines asap.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
-Plato
Pwned9080
Colonel

Post by Pwned9080 »

Acodian wrote:ill help with over-all research and developments if you like mate.
Nice to hear you say you want it realistic, ill give you a draft on plausible development of worldwide military units and doctrines asap.
What's your xfire(If you have one)?
Acodian
Warrant Officer

Post by Acodian »

you got me on Xfire allready mate
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
-Plato
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Acodian has been a friend of mine since I came on there boards. Luckily, he is on since yo and I stay up to all hours of the night pwned :)
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

File updated today. Adding 15-20 more techs. Remember that this is not a completed file so these will not work in game. We still need a volenteer editor for the file located in /Localize/LOCALEN/LocalText-TTR.csv

We are still looking for Graphics Artists as well.
ColdStranger
Lieutenant

Post by ColdStranger »

Walker remember what we talked about last night? "Synthetic Coal?"
GameRanger - # 334777
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Yeah I get lots of ideas tossed at me. The problem is that they dont hop onto paper as quickly. Give it time :)

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”