SR2045 Future Techs Mod

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

NephilimNexus
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: SR2045 Future Techs Mod

Post by NephilimNexus »

ColdStranger wrote:Walker remember what we talked about last night? "Synthetic Coal?"
Or, as an alternative, simply make a technology that eliminates the need for coal in Industrial & Consumer goods altogether.

I.E. "Finished Goods Coal Consumption -100%"

I've often wondered why, exactly, factories themselves need coal when they're getting all their energy from other power facilities located elsewhere.

Other new tech ideas could be trade-offs for the sake of balance. For example, "Sustainable Lumber" could be an eco-friendly tech that would raise the Environment rating by 10% but also reduce Timber Mill production by 25% (decreased logging, more time spent planting replacement trees, ect).

Another one that I always thought was really obvious: Electric vehicles. Not fuel cells, but straight up electric cars. Put it in various stages:

Fully Electric Mass Transit (-20% population oil consumption, +20% population power use, +5% environment rating.)
Fully Electric Cars (-70% population oil consumption, +70% population power use, +15% environment rating.)

Thus a fully electric transport system would be great for a country with vast fields of Advanced Solar and Cold Fusion plants. Some oil will always be used, of course, for other things (lamp oil, fertilizer, engine lubricant, cooking spray, etc). Since the game has no real reflection of the airline industry that could easily be a 90% reduction for those willing to take the hit on power use.

Fully Electric Military Vehicles - Drain power instead of oil when calculating resupply. Simple enough.

Also, there is that one laser-strategic bomber, the YBL. It is interesting because when you look at it's stats it only shows an ammunition supply of 1. This is not a bug, however - rather the YBL never runs out of ammunition. It's a laser, after all. So long as it's jet engines are producing electricity it can keep on firing. I think that's spiffy and I wish this was incorporated into other units in the game, especially considering just how many are supposed to be sporting laser weapons in the first place.

I wonder if something similar could be done for fuel supply as well? It seems to me that the next step after Cold Fusion is miniaturizing it down to vehicle size units, thus giving land units the kind of ranges previously only seen in nuclear powered naval ships. So there's something else that could be invented: Vehicular Cold Fusion. Vehicle range is now effectively infinite. Combine that with laser weapons and you'll never need supply vehicles again.

Now with all this talk of power, there is also plenty of room for more power technologies: Right now we've got solar power giving the same output all over the place. It would be more realistic to have solar output based on how far the plant is from the equator. To make up for that you could add in GeoThermal power, Tidal power and even Wind power. GeoThermal might work better in mountainous regions, tidal obviously would go on water tiles, and wind would operate opposite of geothermal by gaining effectiveness based on how flat the terrain is.

So on and so forth...
raxo2222
Captain

Post by raxo2222 »

This mod is dead?
raxo2222
Captain

Post by raxo2222 »

This dead mod was cool, I don't know if I can use it with update 7
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Xbwalker wrote:Sorry about the long absence guys. This mod isn't dead but without some help, I can't continue. I need someone to do 3d models and someone to assist me with the tech files. I am a school teacher so my day is pretty swamped. Contact me on msn messenger Xbwalker@hotmail.com
That was posted a year and a half ago. I think we can safely call this mod done.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Hey guys. This mod is officially on hold for now. I am awaiting the new release of SR Cold War and will start fresh from there. I am amazed that even after 2 years of idling the mod, I am still getting Xfire requests and private messages. If you are interested in joining the mod team, you are welcome to let me know. Last time I worked on this mod, I had a part time job in which I was on the forums most of the time even while at work. Now I work fulltime and can only check the forums when home. Needless to say, I will need some help this time around haha.
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Balthagor wrote:
Xbwalker wrote:Sorry about the long absence guys. This mod isn't dead but without some help, I can't continue. I need someone to do 3d models and someone to assist me with the tech files. I am a school teacher so my day is pretty swamped. Contact me on msn messenger Xbwalker@hotmail.com
That was posted a year and a half ago. I think we can safely call this mod done.
Correct. It is "done"

I will take what I can from it and invest it in the new game coming out. By the way hello Balth :) long time no see. Sorry for my absense but life gets in the way sometimes and I had to keep the family fed. Glad to be back though.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Welcome back!
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Wow am I upset this mod is dead! I have only just got through reading the info about it and considering the end product when I got to the last page! Sorry to hear it didn't work out!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48
georgios
Brigadier Gen.

Post by georgios »

Vehicle Fuel Consumption - is this your military fuel consumption?

SynthFuel Plant Production - Is this just for the synthetic fuel plant or all alternative petroleum facilities?

Efficiency of [commodity] - How much it costs to make? How much is used?

Finished Goods Costs - Is this really something that decreases ALL production costs?

Finished Goods Facilities Efficiency - What?

Also, how do tech increases work exactly? I mean, if I research 2 techs that give a 10% bonus to enironment, will the end result be 120% of what it was before?

Anyone to answer these previously asked questions???

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”