New tool

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

zoranc
Corporal

New tool

Post by zoranc »

Hi,

I have attached a new modding tool which can change unit attributes, editing data directrly in the memory. I hope this will enable people who make mods for Supreme Ruler 2020 make new mods faster, because with this tool, there is no need to recompile the CSV files. Just start a new game, start the tool and click on the Load Units button.

This is only a version which can edit units. If there is interest, I can also include building editing. Also, it's a very basic application which doesn't check for invalid entered integer or float values, so be careful. It should work with v.5.3.2 (it works on my PC :).

Hope this application will be of use...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
powercell
Colonel

Re: New tool

Post by powercell »

Interesting idea.

Question: which file will this tool change? There are 2 parts with the same name, what are they?
zoranc
Corporal

Post by zoranc »

powercell wrote:Interesting idea.

Question: which file will this tool change? There are 2 parts with the same name, what are they?
All unit and building attributes are stored in the savegame file (initially in the savegame file in the cache dir). So, there are no separate files in which data is stored. That is the reason why you have to recompile the csv files every time you make a modification.

So, to answer your question, it doesn't change a file. It changes only contents in memory, so it only affects your current game. If you change some attributes in a unit and don't save the game, all changes will be lost. Also, every change you make, will be applied instantly - i.e. your new units will be built with the modifications.

HTH
powercell
Colonel

Post by powercell »

I was hoping for a cache editor so I don't have to build new cache everytimes.
zoranc
Corporal

Post by zoranc »

powercell wrote:I was hoping for a cache editor so I don't have to build new cache everytimes.
Well, in a way, this should help you out, since you can test the functionality of the units without recreating the cache. Anyway, I use it to cheat and conquer the world. :lol: That's why I built it. But I thought someone else might find it useful.
BlueD0T
Warrant Officer

Post by BlueD0T »

zoranc wrote:Hi,

I have attached a new modding tool which can change unit attributes, editing data directrly in the memory. I hope this will enable people who make mods for Supreme Ruler 2020 make new mods faster, because with this tool, there is no need to recompile the CSV files. Just start a new game, start the tool and click on the Load Units button.

This is only a version which can edit units. If there is interest, I can also include building editing. Also, it's a very basic application which doesn't check for invalid entered integer or float values, so be careful. It should work with v.5.3.2 (it works on my PC :).
Do you think you can make one that can mod treaties? It would be awsome to be able to disband an allaince without going to war. and setting other nations at war with each other would be cool to.
zoranc
Corporal

Post by zoranc »

BlueD0T wrote:
zoranc wrote:Hi,

Do you think you can make one that can mod treaties? It would be awsome to be able to disband an allaince without going to war. and setting other nations at war with each other would be cool to.
Hi BlueD0T,

I'm nearly done with a new version, which can modify country data. This includes the relation parameters between countries (diplomatic, civilian and casus belli), which can be used in creating wars between countries. I have also found the locations of the treaties, but this is more complicated, so I will not include the option for modifying these parameters (for now).

I have a problem with posting the application. I don't want to split the application in parts in order to attach it in this forum. So, if anyone can help in hosting the application, please write me. I can also send the application to anyone interested via e-mail.
BigD145
Captain

Post by BigD145 »

Megaupload can handle 1 GB file sizes. There are other services that do similar.
zoranc
Corporal

Post by zoranc »

BigD145 wrote:Megaupload can handle 1 GB file sizes. There are other services that do similar.
Thanks. You can download the application from here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CZKULQWM

Hope you like it.
MisterFaber
Lieutenant

Post by MisterFaber »

Zugriff auf die Datei ist vorübergehend nicht möglich
seems that the link is broken :-? ?

Last edited by MisterFaber on Sep 02 2008, edited 3 times in total.
BigD145
Captain

Post by BigD145 »

Very nice. Just to make things perfectly clear, does "Save data" in the units tab save parameter changes for your save game permanently? The game will not change it back to original/default specs on a load?
MisterFaber
Lieutenant

Post by MisterFaber »

@BigD,others:

Could you maybe upload the editor,please?
zoranc
Corporal

Post by zoranc »

MisterFaber wrote:@BigD,others:

Could you maybe upload the editor,please?
I don't know what's the problem with megaupload. However, here it is. Hope you like it :) It has some fixes since previous version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zoranc
Corporal

Post by zoranc »

BigD145 wrote:Very nice. Just to make things perfectly clear, does "Save data" in the units tab save parameter changes for your save game permanently? The game will not change it back to original/default specs on a load?
The application only changes parameters in the memory, which means that if you save the game with a changed unit, the changes will be saved too. If you load a previous save game, the changes will be gone. It doesn't change any of the files in the game.

HTH
zoranc
Corporal

Post by zoranc »

zoranc wrote:
BigD145 wrote:Very nice. Just to make things perfectly clear, does "Save data" in the units tab save parameter changes for your save game permanently? The game will not change it back to original/default specs on a load?
The application only changes parameters in the memory, which means that if you save the game with a changed unit, the changes will be saved too. If you load a previous save game, the changes will be gone. It doesn't change any of the files in the game.

HTH
The changes are permanent after saving the game. :) But just for that game. If you start another game, the old data will be loaded.

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”