Another Small Mod

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

battlegoat9787
Colonel

Re: Another Small Mod

Post by battlegoat9787 »

WhiteJP wrote:One thing I love about SR2020 is that it is fun, has lots of possible ways to do things, and, it passes time for me.

One of the few things I seriously dislike ... Waiting, be it for Military to finish building, or facilities to be built up.

So I modded and modded and ... well you get the point.

--- What I changed ---

Units are built quicker, facilities are built quicker, fabs have 3x the build space, cept missile fabs which have 10x. I also changed the pricing of facilities and the IG needed so you don't bankrupt yourself in the first few days putting down facilities and such.

MG are the money maker now, market price tops out at 425,600 per.

However, because of the fact that there are going to be more units quicker in the game, you will be lagging a bit more than usual.

The cache file, back up your shattered world cache file, unrar this one, and put it into your cache directory

http://bookmouse.ath.cx/sr2020/Shattered%20World.rar

The data file if you want to tinker more with what I've done, back up your default units file, unrar this one, and put it into your data directory

http://bookmouse.ath.cx/st2020/DEFAULT.UNIT.rar

James

Omg man, how did you do this? Could you please tell me how you did this?
battlegoat9787
Colonel

Post by battlegoat9787 »

WhiteJP wrote:Er, which part do you want to know about?

James
Well if you know the site that you learnt how to mod SR, then that will do me fine. ;)
battlegoat9787
Colonel

Post by battlegoat9787 »

WhiteJP wrote:Wasn't a site.

http://www.supremewiki.com/index.php/Mo ... ility_Data

Near the top of the page is a link to the default.units in excel format, it includes alot of the header information

the columns that interested me are

26 (time to build) 27 (cost to build) 28 (IG to build) and 115 (slots)

for units, editting column 26 is perfectly fine

for facilities, unless you edit 27, then your going to see a MASSIVE cash plunge at the very start of the game. and unless you edit 28, then your going to see a MASSIVE IG plunge when you build anything.

On slotting, if you put more than 1 slot in research facilities (you can) then you increase the time to research a project by the same amount (time_to_research == (time_to_research * slots_in_facility))

also, another point for units is (time_to_research == ( ??? * build_time))

what that means is the quicker it builds, the quicker it researches. there is another variable for unit research, but I've not found it yet.

Other than game lag earlier than usual, I've discovered no (OTHER) drawbacks from increasing the slotting in air, land, and naval facilities. However, if you set the time to build really REALLY low (0.1 for example) and number of slots high, then you can expect some seriously major lag late game when all the small powers have been weeded out and the only ones left are those with 5+ production in any type.

So far, I'm up to 15 seconds per clock tick (not day but tick)

Hope the info helps.

James
Ok James, thanks for the info mate. :D
powercell
Colonel

Post by powercell »

also, another point for units is (time_to_research == ( ??? * build_time))
I think the formular for unit research time and cost is:

Edit formular

Research Time = Build Time*3

Research Cost = Build Cost*3
Ferraris
Sergeant

Post by Ferraris »

the second link is broken

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”