modding imports/exports

What is the world like in 2020? What are the different ways to play? How can I create my own futuristic scenario and country groupings?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Zimon
Sergeant

modding imports/exports

Post by Zimon »

hi,
- i would like to mod the imports and exports of a country, like oil, uranium and so on (in other words: where are the self-produced variables for each country)

- furthermore, i tried to mod the treasury of israel, and placed a value of 70000 in the line "treasury" at the region 501 in the world2020.cvp and rebuilded the cache (w/o units, took 1-2 minutes), but i got a treasury of 6,324. what went wrong there?

- i need to know, what the variables there are in the world2020. oof

thx in advance!
Human life is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short. (Thomas Hobbes)
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Re: modding imports/exports

Post by Legend »

As we are working on update 2 I won't have time to test it out here this week but I've made a task to do so.

But I can shed some light on what you are talking about.
Treasury is automatically created on game creation. The treasury value you looked at in the .CVP file is supposed to override the created value. If it's not working for you, it may not be implemented to work and since we do have starting values for regions, getting things working for mod purposes is something we will work on to test and get working so modding can happen more often.

After I do a test myself I can let you know what I come up with.
Zimon
Sergeant

Post by Zimon »

ok, but what about the imports/exports? is there any way to modify the resource-data of the countries (stocks and so on)
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

Legend wrote:As we are working on update 2 I won't have time to test it out here this week but I've made a task to do so.

But I can shed some light on what you are talking about.
Treasury is automatically created on game creation. The treasury value you looked at in the .CVP file is supposed to override the created value. If it's not working for you, it may not be implemented to work and since we do have starting values for regions, getting things working for mod purposes is something we will work on to test and get working so modding can happen more often.

After I do a test myself I can let you know what I come up with.
I've edited the debt in the CVP file for california, I've also edited it for South Cali and North Cali because its not working, however I've just deleted the cache and am trying again, I'll let you know how it went
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

Okay I finished playing around with it and it worked after it rewrote the cache and I put the saved game with the edited title in there so no problems there EXCEPT it saved the file as "Cache - Melting Pot" and it appears that melting pot campaign doesn't use that cache file name and I deleted all my cache.

So I had to replace each old cache file with the new Melting pot renamed to suit each possible campaign, please advice the proper name that is used for the Melting Pot Scenario.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

If you look in the .scenario file for a map you are working on it will tell you what the name of the cache file is (Melting point uses Shattered World).
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Zimon
Sergeant

Post by Zimon »

so, noone knows where the stocks of materials and export/import needs are saved for each country?
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

There is a line in the CVP file &&products or something like that but I cannot seem to get any changes from altering it.
ozmono2005
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ozmono2005 »

Okay I think I've figured it out for you

There is a line called
&&REGIONPRODUCTS
under each region with the region ID number following that. Than on the next line there is
, , , ,
4 spaces with a , after them with a space before the next number. The first number is the id of the product and the third number is its quanity. Timber for example is ID number 2 so if I wanted alot of timber for California it would read
&&REGIONPRODUCTS 2998
2, , 99,

The "2998" is the region code for California
The "2," is the id number for timber and the third set of digits, the "99," sets the amount.
Zimon
Sergeant

Post by Zimon »

wow, thanks a lot, dude!

Return to “Scenarios, Mods and More - 2020”