deferring a decision?

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

Gudgey25
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

deferring a decision?

Post by Gudgey25 »

Hi All

I've been reading through the Diplomacy forum and haven't found an answer to this:

If someone attacks a country I have a defense pact with, I get an email telling me this and that I should declare war on the agressor to honour the pact, but I also have the option to 'hold off for now'. How long do I have to make a decision, and what happens if I do nothing i.e neither declare war nor decline?

I'm playing the latest version of 2020 GC with Ruges Mod, and I'm trying not to get involved in foreign wars, unless directly threatened. The trouble is I already have pact's with countries who are obviously for the chop right from the start.

Thanks

Gudgey
georgios
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Re: deferring a decision?

Post by georgios »

If I remember right you have a time to decide for every offer. If it expires your mutual defence pact breaks.

It is wise to not make alliance with troubled regions if you want to be neutral.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”