Possible conflicts depending on world volatility

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

SE7EN
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Possible conflicts depending on world volatility

Post by SE7EN »

I've recently started playing the game again after a 1 year pause. I've started a few campaigns with different countries on "Medium" World Volatility but I haven't played more than 5 years in any of the campaigns.

What I'd like to know is what possible conflicts can I expect in the first 10 years beside the usual India vs Pakistan, Israel vs Syrian, NK vs SK etc., with many of them being over in the first year but I've never seen new conflicts/unscripted ones (other than the usual ones) start in the first years. Can I expect some major conflicts to start for example China, Russia vs USA, or Russian invasion of Europe, conflicts in Asia eg. China vs SK?

Increasing the world volatility higher than "Medium" isn't really an option because the large number of conflicts at the same time really slows down the game speed.

Another question I have is:
Do conflicts increase in number with the passing of time? For example in a Low World Volatility campaign that has a small number of conflicts at the start of the game, will this number increase after 5-10 years or the number of conflicts will stay the same as at the beginning regardless of which World Volatility I choose?

Also if you have any suggestions about campaign scenarios to play I'm happy to hear you opinion.
Hundane
General

Re: Possible conflicts depending on world volatility

Post by Hundane »

Play a few games with different optional settings such as Hard or Very Easy diplomacy on Medium or Low Volitility. 3rd party diplomacy on.

Ally with a few regions early, or ally with alot of regions early. Sometimes this seems to effect other regions relationships.

Play a few games normally for each set up and see if you get the kind of game your looking for.
ollobrains
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Possible conflicts depending on world volatility

Post by ollobrains »

try to do a few diplomatic deals with 3rd party relations on, play with normal across the board or hard and erm medium volatility

Im not sure look at a regions allies and then who they are allied with and then just spin the wheels trade tech or units if u wish and report back any outcomes

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”