Trading military units with other countries?

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

italianguard135
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Trading military units with other countries?

Post by italianguard135 »

I have a lot of money playing as Egypt and i have an alliance with China and Russia. I want to give them money and recieve military units. I have set my minister to look for military unit offers but i have recieved only one from india for about 15 artilllery units. I went into the diplomacy screen with Russia and it says that I don't know what units they have. How do i find out what units they actually have in their reserves? I have tried using a spy on a barracks but that didn't work
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: Trading military units with other countries?

Post by tkobo »

You dont.You cant see or make offers for any of the units they have in reserve.The reason for this is that it was very open to exploitation.Originally you could do so in the sr series,but players soon found large ways this could hurt the game,like a player being able to buy all of another regions reserves units,going a long to disarming said region,then declaring war on it.

Even now, with the player only able to sell units to the AI,there are large ways to exploit this.And there used to be even more.

The main problem is,the AI often cant make intelligent decisions with units trades.
Last edited by tkobo on Jun 22 2011, edited 1 time in total.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
italianguard135
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Trading military units with other countries?

Post by italianguard135 »

ok thanks very much. I see how that makes sense.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”