Diplomatic / Domestic discussions

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

samuel1991
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

Diplomatic / Domestic discussions

Post by samuel1991 »

Extracted from http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 46&t=17514

I find that:

1: If DAR gets too low, then people regardless from Democracy or Theocracy or Monarchy or Communism or Dicatorship could also go for a revolution just like recent events on Egypt, Tunisia or the fall of Soviet Union / China Qing (But . The effects of a revolution would be coupled with MAR where higher MAR could be more effective in clamping down street revolution / protest but even lower DAR would mean more violent / effective protest / revolution and possibly MAR sincethe soldiers are afterall humans who has families who might be disapprove / outrage the present government for corruption / high inflation - unemployment etc. And who is to say that only Democracy can go to Dictatorship in one-way no return road. The US for being democratic world leader would certainly press hard on those Dictatorship nations if they have no financial value (Petroleum, in game context only?) offered. Also, in countries like Nepal, Communism is also a possibility as they have huge support and overthrown the king in 2005, despite the Communist (Maoist) uses democractic elections instead of gurriella warfare. (Correct me if I missed anything). And with the new era of terrorism, why cant they influence the population's loyalty such that it turns the government to Theocracy? (Imagine the democratic Malaysia / Indonesia has turned to Theocracy with JI operating there.). The only thing is not possible is to turning existing states into Monarchy as that is in the history.

2: More realistic diplomatic relations. Seriously, can Russia and Georgia Republic be an ally, especially a short war on South Ossetia in 2008 with the Russian invaded it? Can India ever ally with Pakistan with the historical / religion conflicts? My game is on Low volatility and Pakistan do invade India shortly when the volatility is set to Medium (And DPRK allies with Pakis).

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”