What the HELL just happened? Are you kidding me?????

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

hakkarin
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes

What the HELL just happened? Are you kidding me?????

Post by hakkarin »

I am playing a game as Italy in SR: 2020 Gold latest patch.

France declared war on me and I fought a horrible war where I lost almost twice as many units as they did (over 270 thousand deaths! I am still learning how to play the game.....) and then once I took their capital I decided enough was enough and simply signed a peace treaty so that I could keep what I had taken (Paris and roughly half of Eastern France not counting the Northern areas), they accepted and peace was declared. I got Paris and roughly half of France and France kept what it still had.

.......and then suddenly this happened:

I suddenly get this voice message that said "we took their capital" a second time (the first time was when I actually took their capital) even though the war had already ended moments earlier and a message at the upper left corner that said France had been eliminated from the game, and for whatever reason Moldova and the UK, whom were NEVER at any point at war with France (I took a look at the regional news from both Moldova as well as the UK and there is literally no mention of a war with France, in fact it doesn't even mention that those 2 countries just got a lot of new land) got France's remaining lands. |O

.....what? HUH

Is this suppose to happen? :-?

I am assuming (or at least I hope....) that this is just some sort of a horrible bug. In any case my immersion into the game has just been shattered into a billion pieces........ :-(

Thoughts?

[Title Edited by moderator: Swearing is not permitted.]
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: What the HELL just happened? Are you kidding me?????

Post by Balthagor »

Looks like when it split up the country someone had locked down some territory that generated more supply. Do yo have a savegame from before France fell?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hundane
General

Post by Hundane »

I seen this happen a few times , most recently Lithuania fell to Belarus and Latvia was awarded a large portion of western Lithuania.

The region falling might have been imminent due to MAR or something else like destroying their command vehicle if using that option.
hakkarin
Warrant Officer

Post by hakkarin »

Balthagor wrote:Looks like when it split up the country someone had locked down some territory that generated more supply. Do yo have a savegame from before France fell?

No, just the one I saved prior to exiting the game.
italianguard135
Lieutenant

Post by italianguard135 »

ive had this happen before (a few times really) i think its just that another country has a higher loyalty rating
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

This can happen very easily.
You were at war with the region(A), you declared peace with them.Once you established peace with them,you opened the door to their land (owned by region A) going to an ally of theirs,a region they were still at war with,or a region that had units that could exert zone of control on hexes of that region (A) ,and any region with a supply presense on the regions (A) border,if the region(A) collapsed.

Which is what happened.

After the war was over,the region (A) simply collapsed,and the land was parsed out based on a wider degree of criteria than it would have if they had collapsed while still at war with you.

The peace treaty itself often seems to be the trigger for the region to finally collapse.

The "we took their capital" message is just a result of a quirk with how it works.When a region collapses,that message is sent out to regions who are or recently were at war with the region.This happens in part because the ownership of the hex and hence the capital changes when the region collapses.Hence the capital is "captured".i usually see this when the collapse occurs within a day of the peace treaty.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Rumcajs
Private

Post by Rumcajs »

Once; when Canada, Mexico and Cuba conquered the USA; I saw that whole Alaska has gone to Azerbaijan! That was strange...
ollobrains
Brigadier Gen.

Post by ollobrains »

supply vechiles on their border, recon and infantry units help

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”