How to avoid war?

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

makif130289
Sergeant

How to avoid war?

Post by makif130289 »

hi, I am still trying to learn warfare side of this game. So, I try to learn basics of warfare by declaring war on minor countries but whenever I declare war on a country, several other countries declares war on me, and I am just not ready to fight so many nations at the same time. As a result, for the time being, I want to avoid being declared war upon by others while I take out some minors. For this purpose, I choose world volatility to none but still AI nations keep declaring war on me when I declare war on a country ? Is there something I can do to behave freely, at least for a period of time ? Is there a way to increase my war justification against a country ? Thanks in advance.
Hundane
General

Re: How to avoid war?

Post by Hundane »

For this purpose, I choose world volatility to none but still AI nations keep declaring war on me when I declare war on a country ?
Thats probally because you dont have the justification or CB to go to war. The higher your CB or justification to declare war on another region the less chance that other regions will look at you unfavorably and declare war on you.
Is there a way to increase my war justification against a country ? Thanks in advance.
Play a few games on Normal or High volitilty just to see which regions declare war on which regions. Knowing which regions are hostile to each other (in game) will let you decide which regions you want to make allies. If an AI region declares war on your ally, you will gain CB or justification. Example, North Korea and South Korea usually go to war, sometimes the North DoWs, sometimes the South but if your allied with the North and the South DoWs NK then you would gain justification to attack South Korea.

Theres other things to consider as well.

1. Having the highest number of military fabs can increase other regions CB on you.
2. Spies that get caught will increase a regions justification to declare war on you. Theres also a hit to relations and UN standing.
As a result, for the time being, I want to avoid being declared war upon by others while I take out some minors.
The trick is getting those minors to DoW you so that other AI regions wont jump in and declare war.

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”