Recovering Diplomacy Rate with my allies

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

raybaudi_
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Recovering Diplomacy Rate with my allies

Post by raybaudi_ »

I know the question has been asked but not precisely with this look (or maybe I just didn't find it!).

I declared war and annexed Guyana without a reason to do it. It was a fast war. However, my allies didn't see it with good eyes so I lost both Diplomatic/Civilian rating with them. I just want it back. Do I need to start giving away commodities/money to them in order to make the ratings grow back again? I've got a lot of allies so it's gonna be really expensive... is it then necessary to pass through this process?

Thanks!
comrade.seawolf
Lt. Colonel

Re: Recovering Diplomacy Rate with my allies

Post by comrade.seawolf »

I find that simply giving it time, and reducing your military slowly helps. If you're running Global Crisis, then I really have no idea.
Also, sometimes signing peace treaties helps, so if you have 100% justification against one of your ally's hostiles, you could declare war on them, and then quickly go for peace.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Re: Recovering Diplomacy Rate with my allies

Post by GIJoe597 »

Depends on the version you are running, yes, but basically giving free stuff away works for improving Diplomatic relations. In my own experience, once Civilian rating gets low I can never get it to rise again. Others will type that they have, but nothing works for me. Also if it is all gone, nothing in either bar, you are screwed without using a cheat. I have read some people will throw massive amounts of money at the problem, but in my opinion its not worth it.

The only thing allies "might" be good for in the game is flavor/immersion. Save your money and take over everything. I at times also want to play a Geopolitical Simulation, but SR is not it :(
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”