Non Aggression Pacts

With more regions available at once, who will you trade with? Who will you ignore? Will you trade for products, technologies, military designs or treaties? How much will you trade with your future enemies?

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend

raybaudi_
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Non Aggression Pacts

Post by raybaudi_ »

It's time to go to war but before doing so (as Venezuela) I stringed a collar of Western Allies, so when I declared war without Provocation, as the world hates me, the big guys won't hit me. However, the U.S. seems the hardest to convince to join my Alliance but I managed to buy a Non Aggression Pact with them...

Question is... will they respect this Non Aggression pact? should I work a little further on the Alliance program? It's hard. Diplomatic Rating is in the Amber and Civilian Approval from them towards me is barely reaching the Yellow (all coming from a very low Red Bar).

Suggestions really appreciated.
Thanks!
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: Non Aggression Pacts

Post by tkobo »

Its VERY setting dependent.Ive seen regions break full alliances to go after me ,when i ran amuck.And on other settings nothing i did seemed to be enough to make them come after me.

On defaults,they can come after you.How it breaks down on the other combos,i never tried to keep track of.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
raybaudi_
Sergeant

Post by raybaudi_ »

Hummm so I guess I'm wasting my time securing this Alliance right? why the world will always come after you? so in World - 2020 Campaing (Volatility set to Medium and normal relations -no crisis) it is almost impossible to go to war without half of the world hating you
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Pretty easy i think,you just have to go to war with those you have cause with, and play the diplo shell game .I dont think ive ever not had cause against someone.

And declaring on that someone,can lead to their allies coming after me, at which point i can play diplo with them and get peace,or kick the heck out of them and get peace,and then use that positive boost from the peace treaty to play the diplo field.

Once youve got enemies coming after you, that you can get a peace treaty with right after the dow,you can work the diplo fairly well.You just dont want to go after anyone you dont have cause against.

And the alliance still has use, think of it as a buffer.You can use it as a dow shield, as long as you dont go to far.My experience on default says you can push it pretty hard before they break.And everytime you work out a peace treaty, you get a positive boost or reppair to it.

I recently went from tawian not being an ally,to having them dow china ,becuase china dowed me too many times.Heck even poland jumped on china that time, which is pretty astounding.
Chuckle TM
raybaudi_
Sergeant

Post by raybaudi_ »

Well, yes I could do that. Problem is the country in the top list of my War Justification is China. I can't go to war with China since they re too far to reach without taking into account all the damage I'll receive. My next reasonable candidate would be Dominican Republic (I'm Venezuela). But my War Justification towards them is only 36%... should I just wait? (by the way, Dominican Republic is the 2nd one in my War Justification list, so everybody else is under the 36% toll)...

THanks!
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

36% is kinda low,but if your bars are 3/4 to full, you will probably survive it without too much repercussion.And hopefully,some of the fallout will be a dow from a region you can get peace with right off the bat, allowing you to start working the diplo scene in earnest.
Allies wont likely jump for that, but they will be stressed alot.So make sure their diplo bar is also 3/4 or above towards you.Dont worry about civ bar on this, just the diplo.

I like the 50 to 60 range myself,as its normally safe for my allies and can still stir up the targets allies.
Chuckle TM
raybaudi_
Sergeant

Post by raybaudi_ »

oh Gosh.. how long can it take for the bar (War Provocation) to go up from 36% to ~70%? [default settings]
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Go after China by securing transit treaties with countries along the way.

Get the needed transit rights
Start moving your forces to the staging area
once you have sufficient forces start the war

The place I usually take first when invading China is the island of Hainan, South East of china. It has no land connection, yet is only one hex away. It has an airfield and a barracks you may utilize for yourself upon capture/repair.

There are several ways to do that depending on your force structure, but essentially I drop paras on the south dock first, then engineers to repair and finally land units when dock is repaired. Usually you will get a sortie or two of ships/maybe subs and aircraft against you, but, counter it and soon you have an unsinkable airfield right at their jugular.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

If you want to get the best results for working diplo after a dow, dont go too high on belli either.The higher your belli the less reaction you cause,too high and you can end up with no one really caring except for mutual defense regions.

To create the situation of manipulable reactions,you shouldnt be too extreme to either side on the belli scale.

And yea,as GIJoe597 said, going after anybody on the map is easy, as long as you set up the conditions and pick a good spot.

There isnt alot you can do to raise your belli against another region.You best bet is to ally and mutual defense with regions who are likely to be at war with the target region fairly soon.You'll get a belli spike from that when it happens,size dependent on situation.
Chuckle TM

Return to “Diplomacy - 2020”